PLEASE HELP - New PC random crashes

well ready to game, you have your ways and I have mine............ and I don't agree with the drastic measure suggested right off the bat at the beginning of the thread. I like to gradually work into something.

OP............. update flash player.

if you're running chrome uninstall it. shut down any instant messaging/skype.

I'm not sure if F7 has F5 carry overs... My motherboard came with the F7 bios already installed. :/

I'm wondering if driver verifier will also catch these 'graphical' crashes, or does it only deal with BSODs? The computer just sort of freezes when the graphics crash. I'll try it out anyway and try to get it to crash. Might be a while.

I'm not sure if F7 has F5 carry overs... My motherboard came with the F7 bios already installed. :/

I'm wondering if driver verifier will also catch these 'graphical' crashes, or does it only deal with BSODs? The computer just sort of freezes when the graphics crash. I'll try it out anyway and try to get it to crash. Might be a while.

It catches whenever a driver would cause a bsod. I would try an older gpu driver it could be a newer amd driver causing the issues.

It catches whenever a driver would cause a bsod. I would try an older gpu driver it could be a newer amd driver causing the issues.

I've tried different driver versions for my GPU. Still happened. Haven't had a crash for some time now. Still waiting to catch one.

I've tried different driver versions for my GPU. Still happened. Haven't had a crash for some time now. Still waiting to catch one.

No problem. I talked to a friend about the bluescreen codes besides the stuff we suggested in here for different gpu drivers and driver reinstalls, he also mentioned it might be a good idea to install the Intel graphics drivers as well in case something was trying to use Quicksync for some reason.

No problem. I talked to a friend about the bluescreen codes besides the stuff we suggested in here for different gpu drivers and driver reinstalls, he also mentioned it might be a good idea to install the Intel graphics drivers as well in case something was trying to use Quicksync for some reason.

Yeah, I've installed the intel graphics driver, still does it.

Okay, so I used Verifier and now when I start up it shows the windows loading screen, then I can see my cursor and the screen goes light blue like normal, like it's about to load my desktop... then this happens: http://oi58.tinypic.com/110dt1x.jpg

Does this every time I start up, and it stays like that. Computer freezes. Can't get to desktop.

EDIT: I followed the verifier's set up instructions for it crashes on reboot, and when I clicked on select driver names from a list I noticed there are a couple of 'unknowns,' one of them being a minidump.sys... Here's a screenshot I took: http://oi58.tinypic.com/2yvkqat.jpg

-snip-

The dump names are related to Windows. Since checking all the drivers causes Windows to not to start let's try just anything related to AMD in the driver verify list and see if it will load Windows.

The dump names are related to Windows. Since checking all the drivers causes Windows to not to start let's try just anything related to AMD in the driver verify list and see if it will load Windows.

Okay, and things have gotten even weirder... 

I just updated AVG and after it was done updating I clicked on "scan computer" and my pc immediately crashed. My screen also crashed and looked similar to http://oi58.tinypic.com/110dt1x.jpg

After rebooting, I did the same thing to see if it would crash, but it hasn't... avg is scanning my pc now with no problems. Weird. I've heard AVG does cause some windows x64 systems problems, but I'm not convinced this is my issue just yet.

Also, in regards to my post right above this one... There are no 'unknown' devices in device manager, even after a scan for hardware change. 

EDIT: I selected all drivers that weren't microsoft... that includes intel drivers and amd drivers, avg drivers, and the unknown drivers... once I did that, windows loads up okay.

-snip-

It might be worth while to make a Ubuntu boot USB and just run it as LiveCD which lets you try out the OS without having to install it on your hard drive. All the bsod info Windows is tossing out is software related but it wouldn't hurt to have a second opinion from Linux. If Linux doesn't crash then it might be easier re installing Windows in case something went wrong on the first install if we don't find this offending software.

It might be worth while to make a Ubuntu boot USB and just run it as LiveCD which lets you try out the OS without having to install it on your hard drive. All the bsod info Windows is tossing out is software related but it wouldn't hurt to have a second opinion from Linux. If Linux doesn't crash then it might be easier re installing Windows in case something went wrong on the first install if we don't find this offending software.

I'm wondering if we're getting a little off track here... I haven't gotten a bsod in a long time. The last one I got was the one I showed you. What I am getting are these other 'graphical' crashes. Thus verifier isn't going to help, I don't think. Also, I've reformatted and installed windows several times over and still get the same issues, so I'm not sure something went wrong during the install.

At this point I am really starting to think it's AVG. I tried to uninstall it twice and my pc crashed/froze at the same point during both uninstall attempts. I had to repair it and start in safe mode just to be able to uninstall it. Also, when I think about it logically, I noticed it always seems to crash when multiple chrome tabs are open... which would make AVG have to scan each site/tab with its link/web scanner. I'm just ball parking here... I've got AVG uninstalled now and I've installed windows essentials. I've still got verifier open in case of bsod, but I don't think it will help because I haven't gotten a BSOD in a long time. I'll post back with updates when something happens

-snip-

Ok, I misunderstood the time frame. Keep me up to date on how it goes with AVG uninstalled. 

Any change now that AVG is gone?

Nope... She's still doing it regardless of what anti-virus I use... I'm absolutely upset right now. I'm a student and could barely afford this pc. Now it doesn't even work right and all the return times have expired for all the components. I just don't know what to do. I just don't get how the graphics can freeze/fail and the pc can freeze without any kind of notification or event recorded.... I have no idea what is going on.

I got an error from open broadcaster software when I was trying to stream CSGO that said "Your video card or driver froze and was reset. Please check for possible hardware / driver issues"

The next thing I'm going to try is using the onboard graphics to see if that makes a difference.

The problem is how random it is... Sometimes it goes for days without a problem, sometimes it happens 3 times within 20 minutes. At this point I wish I was getting BSODs so I could at least get some information from the computer about what's failing or messing up.

-snip-

If a part is broken each part has a manufacturer's warranty of a year or more. That being said, there is literally only one possible hardware issue I can think of that causes that type of pattern appearing on screen. Which is an unstable overclock on the GPU, the vram in particular. Now even though you haven't overclocked your GPU most do come factory overclocked. So the factory overclock may be unstable. That is extremely rare and doesn't fit perfectly since it seems to be happening while idle too. If you have no issues while under Intel graphics then I would try downclocking the gpu using MSI after burner to see if the factory overclock is causing instability. Don't worry we will get this fixed.