GeForce GTX 960 SLI feat. Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 960

Staying with my GTX 970, as at its current price, its not exactly the best choice. (the 960's price that is-and it would be going with my Xeon rig if I could even get the damn thing to post).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Neato.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Linus is a noob. Sorry, not noob, I mean he is sorta a tacky ass dork. He really has no style, and is goofy as hell, and cares nothing about the important things like, RELIABILITY, PRODUCT SUPPORT, OVERCLOCKING ABILITY (Always much easier on Intel and Nvidia Products) , Consistency, Availability, Engineering, Design, QA, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera... nevermind I take that back, he really is a noob. Sorry man. You NEVER mention any of this stuff that is really important. Sorry to call you out but there it is. Ban me bro, I am just calling it like I see it.

All you talk about is peak performance numbers that are not even consistent. AMD products are so hit and miss. All over the book. I overclock and support for 12-36 months a lot of freaking CPU's and GPU's, and AMD's are crapola all over the place. Nvidia's are all within a very close spec. Intel is even better. AMD is a crap shoot and even then, 1/5 GPU's doesn't even freaking work.

AMD is a joke.

nCVuhKR.jpg

sOjis0v.jpg

In what industry in the world is it okay for these types of numbers???

AMD IS A JOKE. Wake the hell up sheeple, and stop drinking the peasant-ade.

You missed the point, I was talking about how GPU power is not there for 4K (nevermind the 12K I want to be playing Star Citizen in) to even push 100-120FPS let alone the 140-150FPS that is mandatory for me to feel "good" about spending $4000+ on GPU's, and $1000+ on CPU. Yeah, I'm spoiled because I can afford to be but that is besides the point here.

How can we trust those graphs is the first question?

I am I assume you are a Nvidia fanboy, because you call AMD stuff. Be happy that AMD exists otherwise you would be paying twice the price for grapichs cards.

I am no fanboy but I would still buy nvidia as I have it now because I like their software more, But I think Linus have right about the 40 dollar thing.

I don't really believe your statment about such high failure rate, since many ppl have R9 290s etc and are happy with them.

Your Link is mostly likly a Fanboy site, Nvidia stuffed up that sites ass with money to put graphs like that probably, or some fanboy just was bored...

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Reserved.

Still getting a Gtx970...

Hope you didn't do that now after the Nvidia news about the cards.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Hope you didn't do that now after the Nvidia news about the cards.

I'll still be getting a 970, a 960 looks nice but it's not a big enough jump from my r9 270.

Hopefully nvidia will give us an update on the cards soon

I'll still be getting a 970, a 960 looks nice but it's not a big enough jump from my r9 270.

Hopefully nvidia will give us an update on the cards soon

http://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/NVIDIA-Responds-GTX-970-35GB-Memory-Issue here is the nvidia response about this issue.... looks like false advertisment

AMD Rig - (Upgraded): FX 8320 @ 4.8 Ghz, Corsair H100i GTX, ROG Crosshair V Formula, Ghz, 16 GB 1866 Mhz Ram, Msi R9 280x Gaming 3G @ 1150 Mhz, Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB, Win 10 Home

(My first Intel + Nvidia experience  - recently bought ) : MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G ( i7 6820HK, 16 GB RAM, 980M SLI, GSync, 1080p , 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD... FeelsGoodMan

http://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/NVIDIA-Responds-GTX-970-35GB-Memory-Issue here is the nvidia response about this issue.... looks like false advertisment

Read this please: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/297381-nvidia-responds-to-gtx-970-35gb-memory-issue/?p=4038378

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_advertising

A defect does not equate to false advertisement.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

That makes it sound like there isn't an issue apart from software failing to recognise more that 3.5gb

I believe that the memory controller is working as intended and not a bug. (I wonder if this actually true? Because if so, Nvidia is going to cop a lot of flack) When designing a large GPU, there will invariably by compromises made. From all indications NVIDIA decided to save time, die size, and power by simplifying the memory controller and crossbar setup. These things have a direct impact on time to market and power efficiency.  NVIDIA probably figured that a couple percentage of performance lost was outweighed by the added complexity, power consumption, and engineering resources that it would have taken to gain those few percentage points back.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

That makes it sound like there isn't an issue apart from software failing to recognise more that 3.5gb

I believe that the memory controller is working as intended and not a bug. (I wonder if this actually true? Because if so, Nvidia is going to cop a lot of flack) When designing a large GPU, there will invariably by compromises made. From all indications NVIDIA decided to save time, die size, and power by simplifying the memory controller and crossbar setup. These things have a direct impact on time to market and power efficiency. NVIDIA probably figured that a couple percentage of performance lost was outweighed by the added complexity, power consumption, and engineering resources that it would have taken to gain those few percentage points back.

Exactly it's working as intended anyway Nvidia missed a marketing ploy here:

"Comes with 4gb total vram(3.5gb vram with a reserved .5gb vram for those times you need more)"

I probably would've been sold by it