According to a study, smarter people use iPhones

Bloodyvalley

Correlation doesn't mean causation. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Hm, Okay,

Just please someone explain me. Since when exactly it means that you are smarter when you are college graduate ? 

Thanks. ;)

Well I guess I must be outright stupid if you check the bottom of my sig.

I cant be too  far off,  im using an ATIV S! Its  not even running WP8.1 yet :(

It's a bit of an oxymoron really,  I mean, if you need to go to school you probably aren't as smart as those who don't but still achieve the same outcomes.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

The thing is, they're saying smarter people = people who've gone to college. Not necessarily true.

That would be a correlation between those who can afford iPhones and those who can afford to go to college. Not saying that people who don't own iPhones just don't because they cannot afford it, but I am sure for that demographic it's possible. I think it's just a coincidence.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

If smart people use iPhones, then please someone wake me to reality. Most people i see with those things are idiots.

We also didn't forget about 'Wave', right?

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

There are so many things wrong with this study.

1) Correlation is not causation.

2) Going to college does not mean you are smart, especially not if you take something like liberal arts. I'd actually say the exact opposite is true (because any smart people could see that liberal arts is just a waste of time and money).

3) It is only looking at the US, the country where the highest percentage of people have iPhones. I would not be surprised if things looked different in let's say China.

4) Smart does not mean you are good with technology. If I was a brilliant astrophysicist and drove a BMW, does that mean that BMW must be the best? I don't know anything about cars so nobody should even care about which car I uses.

Doesn't surprise me at all. Smarter people have more money (on average). People with more money tend to invest in apple products. You don't have to be smart to be a techie and you don't have to be dumb to use an apple product. It's just a matter of capital for most consumers. 

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 RAM: 16 GB GeIL Dragon 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 770OC 2GB Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D Storage: 1TB WD, Blue, 120GB, munch ssd PSU: 600w Corsair 

Display: aoc tn something, Dell ips U24..  Keyboard: CM storm quickfire xt Brown switches Mouse: Logitech G502, Pricing: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8CBWjX

This Time Lord has no words for this. -_-

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Oh yeah of course, because you can actually measure intelligence just by looking at a bunch of numbers. I thought we had gone away from that...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

umm, how are we defining smart again, do we mean intelligence or do we mean level of education. because there entirely different concepts

there was a study a while back that said iphone users get laid more....

these "studies" are meant purely for the bottom feeder scum of the masses, the same people who order "holy water" on ebay

but considering how much scarce is education out there and how much people become infected with religion early in their life, it comes as no surprise that the stupid and unfortunate are still massively exploited for profit, this has been the case always, and will continue to be till we deliver reliable and free internet to EVERYONE and wait a generation to pass... but some governments and companies really dont want that... what a surprise again.

so many mad people in here, who have to find a counter argument.

Linus doesn't have to PAY for an iPhone. And as @soaringchicken pointed out, it's still not his main phone.

I am thought he bought it (to review it) ?!

Also you pretty much only see him with his iPhone.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Smart 

air-quotes.gif

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I think if you replace the word "smarter" with "not so tech savvy" the title of the thread makes more sense. 

i-told-you-you-must-be-smart-if-you-have

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Problems with OP–

• Crappy link-bait title
  • Being college educated doesn't make you 'smart'

I'd be willing to bet that the following statement is more true than the study posted–

• The majority of people who own smart phones are idiots

BUILD LOGSSerious Black ] [ Project Lumos ] [ SrsB ]

I am thought he bought it (to review it) ?!

Also you pretty much only see him with his iPhone.

I can't remember if he was sent one or if he bought it, however he got it to review it, with what you could consider company money. He had to get it in order to review it. He didn't go out of his way to buy it as his personal phone. And again, it's not his main phone. He carried it around with him at CES because it had phantom glass on and they can't just buy a phantom glass cover for every single phone they get.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Ok, when a new iPhone comes out, people will wait for days outside in snow to get the "latest and greatest". How the hell does using an iPhone make you smarter?

This statement is idiotic and ignorant. You are saying, "No one should be excited for something? I agree that waiting in line for a week or more is extremely unproductive but very few people actually do that. Almost everyone lines up early in the morning or stays up all night which isn't that outlandish. You get to talk about technology with other people in line just as passionate as yourself and if you don't wait in line you will likely wait weeks up to a month to get the phone because they sell out. 

People are allowed to get excited for things. I'm sure you get excited when you get a new phone. 

What I got out of it: People with higher education make more money and then buy more expensive phones.iPhone is one of a couple of expensive phones and tend to sell good in the US, better than their rivals.

Does this include the people who went to college for art, liberal arts, art history and other majors that have nothing to do with intelligence?

IDN2pzD.gif

I agree with you anyways

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay