According to a study, smarter people use iPhones

Bloodyvalley

A new study conducted by online advertising network Chitika found that states with more college graduates tend to also have higher iPhone sales.

Alaska (66%), Montana and Vermont have the largest percentage of iPhone users. New Mexico (41%), Iowa and Delaware have the lowest share of iPhone sales per capita.

Notably, Chitika found that increased wealth is also linked to greater iPhone sales -- but since college degrees also correlate with higher incomes, Chitika says those results are redundant.

Other studies have found similar results. Rich, white males tend to buy more iPhones, particularly in the first weeks that they go on sale.

In the first month of sales, nearly 80% of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus buyers in the United States were male, and more than 60% made over $75,000 a year, according to Slice, a company that tracks consumer purchases.

150122081657-iphone-smart-study-620xa.jpA new study shows that states with more college-educated people tend to have higher iPhone sales.

The study also notes that iPhone sales correlate to population density. The more densely populated the state, the greater the chance that iPhone sales will be higher in that state.

On a whole, Google's (GOOGL, Tech30) Android sales are significantly higher than Apple's (AAPL, Tech30) sales, but the iPhone remains the single most popular smartphone in the United States. More than 42% of U.S. smartphones are iPhones, according to comScore. Runner-up Samsung commands 28% of the U.S. market.

Yet it's important to take Chitika's results with a grain of salt. Even Chitika admits that its results "are not comprehensive." Because the company focused on states and not smaller regions, such as cities or neighborhoods, the results lack "a great deal of granularity."

Here's the state-by-state breakdown, according to Chitika.

• Alaska: 65.5%
  • Montana: 60.1%
  • Vermont: 59.4%
  • Hawaii: 58.7%
  • Mississippi: 58.7%
  • Connecticut: 58.1%
  • Massachusetts: 56.6%
  • New York: 56.2%
  • Kansas: 55.6%
  • New Jersey: 55.3%
  • California: 53.3%
  • Louisiana: 53.3%
  • South Dakota: 52.9%
  • West Virginia: 52.4%
  • New Hampshire: 52.1%
  • Rhode Island: 52%
  • Illinois: 51.5%
  • Georgia: 50.8%
  • Idaho: 50.8%
  • Kentucky: 50.5%
  • Nevada: 50.5%
  • Arkansas: 50.4%
  • Maine: 50%
  • Virginia: 50%
  • Oregon: 49.7%
  • Pennsylvania: 49.5%
  • Wyoming: 49.5%
  • Nebraska: 49%
  • Utah: 49%
  • North Dakota: 48.5%
  • Colorado: 48.3%
  • Minnesota: 48.3%
  • Tennessee: 48.0%
  • Maryland: 47.8%
  • South Carolina: 47.2%
  • Alabama: 47.1%
  • Ohio: 46.3%
  • North Carolina: 46.2%
  • Florida: 45.8%
  • Oklahoma: 45.1%
  • Texas: 44.9%
  • Arizona: 44.6%
  • Indiana: 44.6%
  • Michigan: 43.8%
  • Missouri: 43.6%
  • Washington: 43.6%
  • Wisconsin: 43.1%
  • Delaware: 42.2%
  • Iowa: 42.1%
  • New Mexico: 40.5%

I don't know what to say to this

seriously

I have no words that can describe what I'm feeling right now

Source

Here's a .GIF for CNN though:

giphy.gif

Linus prefers iPhone.

Luke prefers Android.

Just stating facts, here....

Luke's the smarter one. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

According to a study not pooping is bad for you

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

"Smarter"

Just like the study on how penguins can fly.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Well I guess I must be outright stupid if you check the bottom of my sig.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

I wonder if they have worked out that first world countries that can afford Iphones have more universities? Or maybe they have just seen the correlation between higher earning states and states with universities.  Or or or, maybe It's the correlation between the fact that the US has the highest number of Iphone users across densely populated states and that just happens to be the best place for a uni?

Stupid sensationalized articles.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

accoring to study if you stop breathing for 5 minutes you pass out

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

"Smarter"

Just like the study on how penguins can fly.

The thing is, they're saying smarter people = people who've gone to college. Not necessarily true.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Does this include the people who went to college for art, liberal arts, art history and other majors that have nothing to do with intelligence?

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

I mean this doesn't really mean anything imo, other than that people use iPhones. Obviously there's evidence that smart people buy iPhones, but "dumb" people do too. Phone sale percentages are probably pretty close together at most intelligence levels.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

@Xorbot Linus uses an iPhone for some applications, but his daily driver is a Droid Turbo

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

@Xorbot Linus uses an iPhone for some applications, but his daily driver is a Droid Turbo

Explains a lot.

The thing is, they're saying smarter people = people who've gone to college. Not necessarily true.

Well people who have gone to college typically would have more money than those who don't, so they would be able to afford iPhones, though just because they went to college does not mean they are technology competent enough to realize that android is so much better.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

iPhone's aren't that bad but frankly Android at the moment is nicer than iOS though the GUI on iOS is lovely (The current Optimus UI and Lollipop also have lovely GUIs)

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

What phone does John Carmack use? This is the only question that matters.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

This is as good as Gartner articles! Peer-review it, then I'll see what I think.

I'm glad we can judge someone's intellect based on the devices they prefer.

People that use iPhones are smarter the same way people that play shooters are more violent.

It's crap, I don't care how legit the "research" is, it's just crap

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Linus prefers iPhone.

Luke prefers Android.

Just stating facts, here....

Linus doesn't have to PAY for an iPhone. And as @soaringchicken pointed out, it's still not his main phone.

-----

This study is beyond dumb. What knowledge of technology do these people realistically have? Only a handful of faculties actually require you to have good knowledge of computer hardware and more often than not it's on a theoretical level rather than actually being informed on what is on the market. I study IT engineering and a good part of the other students, even GOOD and intelligent students, wouldn't know where to start if I asked them to build a computer, or if i asked them what kind of hardware is in their phone. The truth is people often simply DON'T KNOW there are worthy alternatives, with some exceptions. This is not always a fault of theirs, while being at least slightly informed when purchasing is a must in everything, that doesn't mean they'll keep an eye out for CES to see if any zenfone 2 is on the way, or dig into the depths of unknown brands to discover a oneplus one.

Returning on the argument of what these people actually know, people can be smart in medicine, chemistry, literature, all kinds of things that have NOTHING to do with technology or more specifically smartphones. iPhones are the cool thing to have, they have been for years now, therefore it's obvious that  big chunk of smart people (who of course are also more likely to be able to AFFORD the darn thing in the first place) will own one.

@elecxonica also points out that not everyone who's been to college is smart, and that's very true. Even average and slightly below average people can successfully get a degree if they study hard enough (which after all is the point of college, they're there to teach everyone, not just the few chosen ones).

So I guess my point is, as much as I and others here may think buying an iphone is silly and doesn't make any sense, we have to accept that it doesn't necessarily take an idiot to buy one. And this study proves literally nothing.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What phone does John Carmack use? This is the only question that matters.

3913770855_2566e295a4.jpg

not even sure that's a phone but hey

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

cum hoc ergo propter hoc

Did you know that countries in which chocolate is more frequently consumed are more likely to have nobel laureates?

Screen-Shot-2012-11-20-at-4.46.58-PM1.pn

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

This is as good as Gartner articles! Peer-review it, then I'll see what I think.

What's wrong with gartner?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.