Review of the "high end" audio solution on my HP laptop.

Intro.

I'm going to wait for the end of the review to reveal the "manufacture" of the audio solution. It has some strong mediocre points then some retard design issues. Yeah after that line you must know that I'm talking about the shitacular beats audio.

The configuration.

On this particular model, I believe it has 1 or 2 subwoofers, 2 front edge speakers and then 3 speakers above the keyboard.

I say 1 or 2 subwoofers because the manual says 2 but I can only find 1 speaker port for a subwoofer. The manual is junk, I just tossed it after I looked up the speaker configuration.

Included software.

Its shit, it will break if you keep fiddling with it, which you have to do because of the shit components driving the speakers.

It has an equalizer that will sometimes only work after you go to services and restart the audio service.

You can't make your own presets even though it has them, it has one for beats in ears, and beats over ears. Then default if you like the sound of screeching chalk boards.

The sound.

If you like bassy songs, go somewhere else. The components on the board don't have enough power to drive the 6 or 7 speakers. So, guess what that does, YUP, on bassy songs the speakers pretty much mute themselves. The volume will go up and down all day long.

Oh what happens if you use ear phones? Well if your in the situation where you own beats headphones you should be good, IDK i have never tried it. BUUUUTTT for the "more intelligent and sophisticated" community, the single 3.5mm jack (down grade from the 3 jacks that my last HP laptop had) will hiss like a pissed off cat, and the bass is completely over whelming. I have JVC xplosives IEM's and holy tits, literally can't hear vocals.  So to the equalizer then, well its a work of shit, as I mentioned there is no "real" presets and no "real time" adjustments because the software will flat-out stop responding, or just not make any adjustments until the audio service is restarted.

Why do I have this laptop.

It was a great deal, 12gbs of ram, 750m, blu-ray, back-lit keyboard, 17 inch 1080p display, and a i5 3230m. It was around $850 originally something like $1200, that's what I can figure it out to be by using the HP configuration. It also has two hdd bays, so I put a corsair 240gb and a OCZ 240gb in it. Turns out there is no raid 0 support, but now I have 480gb of ssd storage which is almost as awesome.

Conclusion.

Hp is going in the shitter if they haven't improved this solution. It's freaking bad, there isn't any words to describe how fucking incompetent someone has to be in-order to put 6 or 7 speakers in a laptop and not supply them with enough power. That's my main issue with this, I only expect this out of my 6 year old Ipod dock that has a slaughtered battery, not a laptop thats barely a year old and still lasts about 5 hours on battery. I've pretty much solved the 3.5mm issue with Razer Surround activating when it detects 3.5mm activation. 

Java tuts:

Constructors, possibly more to come.

221 Goodbye.

How long did this take

lmao

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

as in typing it? or since the release of this laptop?

I'm in the same boat man. I have the 15 inch version of ur laptop with a 740m.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

I'm in the same boat man. I have the 15 inch version of ur laptop with a 740m.

Do you have the same issues?

Java tuts:

221 Goodbye.

Do you have the same issues?

Dude I don't even use the speakers on the laptop. I pretty much completely ignore them. 

And the bass sucks like you said. The beats software is garbage like you said. The speakers are good enough for youtube and thats really the only thing I use them for.

EDIT: if you completely remove the beats software will the speakers still work?

Dude I don't even use the speakers on the laptop. I pretty much completely ignore them. 

And the bass sucks like you said. The beats software is garbage like you said. The speakers are good enough for youtube and thats really the only thing I use them for.

EDIT: if you completely remove the beats software will the speakers still work?

The speakers will still work, but they will sound sooo much worse. I found that using Razer Surround concurrently with the beats audio crap will fix most of the issues.

Java tuts:

221 Goodbye.

The speakers will still work, but they will sound sooo much worse. I found that using Razer Surround concurrently with the beats audio crap will fix most of the issues.

Yeah I'm using that same setup.

I work as a tech support for a large university in Canada. HP computers are by far the shittiest and the ones we have coming in most often for reasons due to build quality (or lack thereof) and just general shit breaking-ness. All I have to say is that if it's got HP AND Beats logos on it, im staying the hell away/

When in doubt, re-format.