The Water Cooling Gallery

Watercooled_pc.gif.8fe56f810d7f7022c294f here is a gif from the inside of Black Glacier after i installed RGB led strips.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

On 09/02/2016 at 2:22 AM, jasonvp said:

I don't need my cooling system to look K00L, D00D!  I need it to work.

It's only a mater of time, mark my word, dooood! lol

8 minutes ago, EdInk said:

L00k @ mine, it is s00 k00l!

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

23 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

L00k @ mine, it is s00 k00l!

Wet my pants, l00king at yours!

On 2/8/2016 at 8:22 PM, jasonvp said:

Specs are in the sig (on PC Part Picker).  Some of these same pics are on my "Completed Build" on that site.  I'll try to get some better ones at some point; the lighting in that part of my office sucks for photography.

Some notes:

• I'm perfectly OK with clear, flexible lines (and non-colored distilled water).  I don't need my cooling system to look K00L, D00D!  I need it to work.
  • The lines running from the reservoir in the 2 x 5.25" bays have extra slack to them so that I can pull the res out to add water as needed.
  • I have the pump from the Maelstrom connected to the "CPU Fan" header, and Asus' AI Suite has the pump running at its lowest setting of 1200RPMs.  It can go as high as 4500RPMs, but there's no point.
  • The 4 Noctua fans on the top 480mm rad are connected to "Fan 1a" via a Swiftech 8 x fan splitter (power from a SATA connection).  The 6 fans on the bottom 2 radiators are connected to a similar fan splitter and are running off of "Fan 2a".  The 3 chassis fans are on a third splitter and running off of "Fan 3a".  The headers for Fan 1 and 2a are set to a nice, lazy 700RPMs.  The chassis fans are barely moving at 450RPMs.  All speeds for the fans and pump are constant; no curves set.
  • My only real test this far has been Rainbow Six: Siege (and a little Premiere Pro video editing).  I can't get the CPU much warmer than 45°C, and the two GPUs maybe hit 40°C.

Left to do is get a couple of pieces of 2ft wide plywood cut to 5ft long.  I intend to wedge one of those pieces between the desk and the PC, and another between the wall and the PC.  On said plywood, I'll glue some sound deadening tiles.  The machine is already insanely quiet, but I'd like to remove as much of the echoing as I possibly can from the wall and the desk.

tbh, for someone in the creative industry not pulling off a creative design is a bit pants! The photos are poorly taken......mehhhh!

3 hours ago, EdInk said:

Not gonna happen.

Editing Rig: Mac Pro 7,1

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

Audio: Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt-3 Interface |

Displays: 3 x LG 32UL950-W displays |

Gaming Rig: PC

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Display: Asus PG32UQX 4K/144Hz displayBenQ EW3280U display

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |

2 hours ago, EdInk said:

tbh, for someone in the creative industry not pulling off a creative design is a bit pants! The photos are poorly taken......mehhhh!

I'm not in the creative industry, I'm actually a network engineer (something I excel at).  Video editing is purely a hobby, that's all.  Form follows function, pure and simple.  And as for the photos: you did read the first few lines of my post, right?

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |

2 hours ago, EdInk said:

Wet my pants, l00king at yours!

D00d, DATS s00 k00l, m8 ur pants are waterk00ld now!

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

1 hour ago, jasonvp said:

I'm not in the creative industry, I'm actually a network engineer (something I excel at).  Video editing is purely a hobby, that's all.  Form follows function, pure and simple.  And as for the photos: you did read the first few lines of my post, right?

Alright! Keep your pants on network engineer....different folks, different strokes..I just find it hard to believe that the quality of parts used are put together in a way that isn't relatively aesthetically pleasing but that just me...solid rig all the same.

Form follows function is a typical engineers way of thinking..functionality rules...I get it. but I guess in your line of engineering there isn't much design involved. I'm currently completing my masters in Mechatronic Engineering...now that requires some creative flare.

Just now, EdInk said:

I'm currently completing my masters in Mechatronic Engineering...now that requires some creative flare.

I see.  Well when you get out of school and into your chosen line of work, I do hope you don't make the same neophyte mistake most other green-horn engineers do: overload a design with fluff and extra stuff in an effort to impress others.  You'll very quickly learn that, regardless of the engineering field: simplicity usually rules the day.  Simple and elegant go a long way.

11 minutes ago, jasonvp said:

I see.  Well when you get out of school and into your chosen line of work, I do hope you don't make the same neophyte mistake most other green-horn engineers do: overload a design with fluff and extra stuff in an effort to impress others.  You'll very quickly learn that, regardless of the engineering field: simplicity usually rules the day.  Simple and elegant go a long way.

Simple? I deal with complex matters. A piece of code to control a robotic equipment to carry out several tasks in a nuclear waste plant to designing and manufacturing isn't simple....certainly won't find fluff here pal...I've had a taste of the engineering industry and run my own building and construction company (part time now) soo don't get cocky.

Moreover, won't be showing my wares to 70 year old veterans..I'll target the new generation...bright colors and LEDS..hahaha!..that's what sells and makes money sometimes too.

Just designed a window panel for my enthoo luxe too, picked up today!

5 minutes ago, EdInk said:

I've had a taste of the engineering industry and run my own building and construction company (part time now) soo don't get cocky.

"You can't put an old head on young shoulders."

There was nothing cocky about my statement, just a suggestion.  That you overreacted and took it personally says more about you than myself.  Good luck with the rest of your studies and with your chosen line of work.  Maybe when you get to be as old as I am, you'll look back on conversations such as this that you had as a kid (because: that's what you are right now, and don't think otherwise) and rethink your approach.

Or perhaps not.  It won't matter to me.  Tapping out.

6 minutes ago, jasonvp said:

"You can't put an old head on young shoulders."

There was nothing cocky about my statement, just a suggestion.  That you overreacted and took it personally says more about you than myself.  Good luck with the rest of your studies and with your chosen line of work.  Maybe when you get to be as old as I am, you'll look back on conversations such as this that you had as a kid (because: that's what you are right now, and don't think otherwise) and rethink your approach.

Or perhaps not.  It won't matter to me.  Tapping out.

Some mature people still do some dumb s***...just fortunate to have an entrepreneurial and creative mind.

Blue ram modules, red cables, beige fans, clear liquid all functional, yes...but no character...says much about you.

water cooling loop in a 380t from corsair

mother board gigabyte mini itx

cpu- I7 4770k

ram- 16 gb of corsair vengeance ram

graphic card- evga gtx 970 sc

psu- corsair RM 550w (the 650w dosent fit but the 550s dose)  pun to Luke

base kit form EKWB 

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-l240-1

and three 90 degree fitting

plus the gpu block

and nuctua black fans  

ps: take a dremel for the rad i had some hard time with the thickness of the rad had to dremel next to the fins pick 4 to 6

20160217_232022.jpg

20160217_232209.jpg

20160217_232220.jpg

20160217_232348.jpg

20160217_232415.jpg

20160217_232420.jpg

20160217_232442.jpg

20160217_232548.jpg

20160217_232629.jpg

Just a quick update on my Corsair "Air" 240. Decided to add a flash of UV blue as all white was a bit dull, and i've tried to cable manage it a bit better. 

DSC_1013.thumb.jpg.1163e3b84682cae858286DSC_1012.thumb.jpg.ca93804d99540badcba81

Ok so heres my loop 

Specs:

Intel I5 4690K

XFX AMD R9 290 

Asus ROG Ranger 

16GB Kingston DDR3

Corsair RM750

2 Samsung 1tb drives Raid 0 

Hardware Raid0 containing 1tb drives

128gb Plextor PCI-e ssd 

Loopmonster.jpg

i7 5960X @4,5GHz (1,22V)

Asrock Extreme6/3.1

Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3200MHz

Asus GTX 970 (until Polaris/Pascal)

Samsung 850 Evo 1TB + 500GB

Corsair RM650i (with Cablemod Cables)

Fractal Define S

Watercooling:

Top: 420mm Alphacool Nexxxos ST30

Front: 280mm Alphacool Nexxxos ST30

Fans: 5x Noiseblocker Blacksilent Pro PK2

Pump: Alphacool Laing DDC310 Acetal (with Shoggy)

Resevoir: Alphacool Eisbecher 150mm

Fittings: Alphacool Chrome

2016_02_20-9900.jpg

6 hours ago, Nagalous said:

here's my loop

What's your fan configuration?

6 hours ago, Nagalous said:

here's my loop

What's your fan configuration?

The fan configuration is top rad is pull bottom rad is push and the rear fan is intake. Works great awesome temps. 

6 hours ago, P4LL3R said:

i7 5960X @4,5GHz (1,22V)

Asrock Extreme6/3.1

Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3200MHz

Asus GTX 970 (until Polaris/Pascal)

Samsung 850 Evo 1TB + 500GB

Corsair RM650i (with Cablemod Cables)

Fractal Define S

Watercooling:

Top: 420mm Alphacool Nexxxos ST30

Front: 280mm Alphacool Nexxxos ST30

Fans: 5x Noiseblocker Blacksilent Pro PK2

Pump: Alphacool Laing DDC310 Acetal (with Shoggy)

Resevoir: Alphacool Eisbecher 150mm

Fittings: Alphacool Chrome

Nice to see another blue config out there! With all that dissipation capacity do you have any plans to include the GPU when you upgrade?

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

5 hours ago, SonoDanshi said:

Nice to see another blue config out there! With all that dissipation capacity do you have any plans to include the GPU when you upgrade?

Thanks ;)

I had a red build for years now and wanted something blue again.

First I just wanted to buy the 420mm-Radiator to cool the CPU, but then I thought I want to watercool the GPU anyway, so I bought the 280mm too. So I only have to change the tubing a bit when I decide to watercool my GPU too. 

For CPU-Only this cooling is totally overkill of course. The CPU has an Idle-Temperature of about 25°C, so room temperature and under full load about 50-55°C ... and this is a 8-Core with 4,5GHz! I think even with a GPU in the loop I will get pretty cool temperatures. 

Finally finished my loop!

Corsair 600c

H240x swiftech 280mm qp, xspc intel pro raystorm, xspc photon 170 reservoir, 

Keeps my i7 5820k at 50 c , 4.5ghz, 1.275v, at silent speeds, can barely hear the pump if at all. Had a standalone pump but I prefer the h240x instead.  

20160224_173019-1.jpg

20160224_173057-1.jpg

Core Component:

Intel i7 3770k

Asus P8Z77-V Pro

Corsair Vengeance Pro Ram 16GB Blue

GTX 980 (Reference)

Hyper-X Predator 240GB PCI-e SSD (Windows 10)

OCZ Agility 3 240GB (Mac OS X 10.10.5)

2X Hitachi 2.5in 1TB HDD

Seasonic Platinum SS-860XP2

Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Watercooling Component:

EK-Supremacy Evo Full Nickel Waterblock 

EK-FC980 GTX Nickel Acetal Clean CSQ Waterblock 

EK-FC980 GTX Nickel Backplate

Alphacool NexXxos XT45 Full Copper Radiator 360 

Alphacool NexXxos  XT45 Full Copper Radiator 280

Bitspower Single D5 Pump and Reservoir Combo

Bitspower D5 Top Upgrade 150 - Black