New build not booting!

Dannyel

Hi, so i bought all my computer parts from amazon, and built my neew pc, but whenever I push the power button nothing happens not a light not a sound nothing. please help me!

Have you plugged in the cable from the front IO to the motherboard?

BTW, Your profile pic is broken.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Hi, so i bought all my computer parts from amazon, and built my neew pc, but whenever I push the power button nothing happens not a light not a sound nothing. please help me!

Be calm and check all the power cables and the power switch cable

This.

It sounds like you haven't plugged it in, or in the right place.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

This.

It sounds like you haven't plugged it in, or in the right place.

...check the switch on the power supply.  Make sure the PSU is on.

Be calm and check all the power cables and the power switch cable

I did check all the pins and i/o connectors, I unplug them and plugged them again and nothing, and I tried to jump them with a screw driver 2, to se if it would turn on but nothing, and yyes I plugged and unplugged al the psu cables and check the switch in the back

Did you check to see if you did I/O panel right? You might have the positive and negative connection flipped on your mobo to your power button.

Did you check to see if you did I/O panel right? You might have the positive and negative connection flipped on your mobo to your power button.

Doesn't matter if it is reversed, plus OP tried to short it with a screwdriver.

@OP first unplug both the 24 pin and 8 pin powers from the board and MAKE SURE THE PSU IS TURNED OFF AND UNPLUGGED!!!!!

Next take a paperclip, unfold it and then bend it so it makes a u shaped. Insert one end into the PSU 24 pin connector so it goes into the hole which corresponds to the green wire and insert the other end into the hole which corresponds to any black wire. Plug the PSU in and turn it on but DO NOT TOUCH THE PAPERCLIP and the PSU fan should spin up. If not then your PSU is dead. Make sure you turn off before removing the paperclip.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Doesn't matter if it is reversed, plus OP tried to short it with a screwdriver.

@OP first unplug both the 24 pin and 8 pin powers from the board and MAKE SURE THE PSU IS TURNED OFF AND UNPLUGGED!!!!!

Next take a paperclip, unfold it and then bend it so it makes a u shaped. Insert one end into the PSU 24 pin connector so it goes into the hole which corresponds to the green wire and insert the other end into the hole which corresponds to any black wire. Plug the PSU in and turn it on but DO NOT TOUCH THE PAPERCLIP and the PSU fan should spin up. If not then your PSU is dead. Make sure you turn off before removing the paperclip.

Yes I tried to make the paper clip test but, al my wires are black :( I have the SeaSonic M12I 850 full Modular and all the cables are completly black

I did check all the pins and i/o connectors, I unplug them and plugged them again and nothing, and I tried to jump them with a screw driver 2, to se if it would turn on but nothing, and yyes I plugged and unplugged al the psu cables and check the switch in the back

Id say you have a faulty motherboard, Or the PSU is broken.

Try the PSU in some other computer, If the PSU is working it is your motherboard thats broken.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Id say you have a faulty motherboard, Or the PSU is broken.

Try the PSU in some other computer, If the PSU is working it is your motherboard thats broken.

alright, ill try both thank you

use this picture to find the correct pins to plug the paperclip into http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad146/ocztech/ATX24-1.jpg a atx 24 pin connector is a standard just count the holes 

Thank you for the pic, my power suply does not start when I jump the green and the black cable. I went today and try my hole build with another PSU and nothing, I guess the MB is dead two.

Wait, you tried the PSU in another computer and a new PSU  in your new build, and both are dead? Wow. That's some serious bad luck. RMA them quickly!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Wait, you tried the PSU in another computer and a new PSU  in your new build, and both are dead? Wow. That's some serious bad luck. RMA them quickly!

I made the paper clip test with my power suply and nothing hapend, and I tried conecting my motherboard to a new psu and again nothing hapend

Unless you are horribly hooking thing sup, sounds like both of them are dead to me.

Can you RMA them?

Unless you are horribly hooking thing sup, sounds like both of them are dead to me.

Can you RMA them?

yep, ill send them today

Any one knows a hot deal for an am3 Motherboard?

What CPU do you have?

AMD FX 8350 

4 ddr3 vengance 16gb

gigabyte r9 290x 

Antec khuler 650

I picked up the Gigabyte 970

Which one?  The 5+2 Phase VRM model?

This one is the only one with more than 5 phases:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128651&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

The others will work fine, but won't overclock as well.

Which one?  The 5+2 Phase VRM model?

This one is the only one with more than 5 phases:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128651&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

The others will work fine, but won't overclock as well.

I picked up this one

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DJ3DWFK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It might limit an overclock... but hopefully handles better than I expect.  The area I am concerned with is the VRM (those large black cubes at the CPU socket).  The VRM determines how clean energy gets to the CPU.  There are three parts to a VRM:  The MOFSETs, Capacitors, and chokes.

More on this:

http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/1229-anatomy-of-a-motherboard-what-is-a-vrm-mosfet