Anyone Interested In a Raijintek Triton Review?

Samsterstorm

Hi Guys,

I recently got my hand on the Raijintek Triton core. There are barely if any review on the cooler yet as it so new, would anybody like me to spend a bit of time on one?

Let me know, may be a little while as i may wait for my 4790k but i happy to do it for my FX-4170 which kicks out some heat!  B)

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

Hi Guys,

I recently got my hand on the Raijintek Triton core. There are barely if any review on the cooler yet as it so new, would anybody like me to spend a bit of time on one?

Let me know, may be a little while as i may wait for my 4790k but i happy to do it for my FX-4170 which kicks out some heat!  B)

yeah do it, use the 4170 so we see how it performs in the "worst case scenario"

PROJECT MOGARCPU: i5 4690k @ 4.9 Ghz CPU CoolerCorsair H100i in Pull on top Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming GT GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Edition RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB) 2133 Mhz  PSU: EVGA G2 850W SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250 GB HDD: WD Black 1TB Case: Cooler Master CM Storm Scout II

Yeah, the 4170 does kick out a stupid amount of heat at 4.8ghz so i shall do some testing and see if i can crank her back up to around 4.8ghz again! Been a while!

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

sure, drop a review here.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I'm interested since I'm considering buying it !! :D

Its very good do not wait for a review i would definable make the purchase, the pump volume is my only concern but i run mine at a constant 12v. The radiator is brilliant and very high density

I've heard on LGA 1150 it's an outstanding cooler, at least if custom PC magazine are anything to go by, who tested a host of AiO coolers. Might be worth getting for those whose cases support it.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I've heard on LGA 1150 it's an outstanding cooler, at least if custom PC magazine are anything to go by, who tested a host of AiO coolers. Might be worth getting for those whose cases support it.

Yes, i am getting at 1150 4790k soon so ill test it on that! And yes its very very good it will beat a h110 or a h100i on 1150 easily, it really is a custom cooler just made a little oem!

And i have mine in h440 and it fits perfect 

Would love a review!

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights"

• 1 month later...

I don't have the time to do a proper review but I just installed my Triton I got off newegg for 84.99 on sale.  I'll give you a taste of what I'm seeing.  This is my first watercooler so my experience is limited but I will answer any questions that I can

All in all I'm very happy with this cooler as my entry into watercooling

what I'm running

Raijintek Triton water cooler
case-DIYpc Shadow-H01-bk (not recommended for this cooler!!!)
i7 4790k at 4.7ghz
8gb gskill ripjaws @1600
ASUS z97-a mobo
corsair cs450m gold plus
gigabyte g1 gtx960
silicon power 120gb ssd
Western Digital Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM
stock fans pulling on top (no more than 80% rpm)

4 cougar cf-t12s4 fans on (2)front, (1) rear (1) side 

I was hitting about 72c+ using max setting on intel burn at stock clock on old CM212 hyper evo. 

same stock clock settings got me 60c on max with fans at 75% pulling on top

I am able to safely oc to 4.7 and stay below 70c and 1.2v with fans under 80%.

The fans are controllable with a dial controller that is connected via a 2 pin harness.  The controller gives a good range of control but it is extremely sensitive and will seemingly go from ~40%to 100% in no time if you arent careful and slow moving.

The fans themselves are really loud at 100%, they move a ton of air but they are super loud so I keep them under 80% even if I'm running synthetic tests. (they move so much air at 100% im not sure all of it is even going in the right direction haha)

I leave the fans on 100% and control them with Speedfan (as I do with all my fans on all my computers)

One thing to be careful of is keeping the air in the res instead of in the radiator.  This proved to be very difficult for me since I mounted on top and the bubbles had a tendency to want to go up to the radiator.  Keeping the block in the same orientation as it is installed (hoses on the bottom of the face) allowed me to keep the air in the res.  The first time I installed I noticed that the res was totally full of liquid (it had some air in it before install) and if the air isn't in the res then its got to be in the radiator.  This takes up some of your radiator space that would otherwise be full of liquid as it cools, and if enough air gets in there it could cause a blockage that could totally cut off water flow.  I don't know if this is a problem exclusive to this cooler, I haven't seen a lot of other units with reservoirs on the block.  It seemed like I got a 2c-3c difference between re installing with no air in the radiator.  

If anything I think that this cooler makes it easier to see where your air is because the hoses and res/block are clear so I dont mind this or think negatively of Raijintek because of it.  Plus if you were front mounting the radiator lower than the block the air would go to the res automatically. 

Only other gripe I have with this is that the block is nickle plated copper, the radiator is aluminum.  From what I've read this can cause corrosion issues if/when the nickle plating wears off and exposes the different metal.  supposedly this is only a problem if the liquid inside is conductive and I would assume they are using distilled water or some other "non-conductive".  I plan on changing the liquid before 1 year of usage with some sort of non conductive liquid for water coolers, probably UV just to make sure.

I run the pump at 100% all the time, I have read that this is sometimes beneficial for pump life and I haven't found anything to the contrary yet but please let me know if you know differently. I just Email Raijintek at 4:54pm 3/8/15 via Facebook asking about the pump speeds, ill try my hardest to remember to post their response.  I have contacted them this way twice before and gotten very prompt and helpful responses.

The LED lights do not seem as bright as I thought they would be, this may be because I've only got two led fans and my case window is tinted, they do change with the pump power but since I stay at 100 so do the LEDs.  at this time I don't have any additional lighting in my case besides the two led fans so I cant expect any crazy light shows.  The picture seems to capture more of the light from the LEDs, they don't look quite that bright in real life

Also in my opinion the hoses on this thing stink (literally) since I've put it in.  It is the worst and most noticeable when the computer has been off (stagnant air) for several hours.  I'll take the case off and notice the smell of maybe rubber and antifreeze, would be the only way to describe it.  I've looked extensively for a week everyday now and seen absolutely no evidence of water or liquid anywhere it shouldn't be.  I can put my nose directly on the hoses and smell it coming directly from them. The smell has gotten less and less noticeable everyday.

so much for a quick review

post-196315-0-86057600-1425848633_thumb.

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q