im running with a blue yeti, have been for years man. threw a 10 dollar pop filter on it and a desk mount mic arm.

its been amazing, haven't moved it out of cardioid since I bought it.

1601567_10205882283639094_37448166496945

links to err thang less the blue windscreen because it serves only the purpose of attracting cat and dog hair
http://www.amazon.ca/Blue-Microphones-Yeti-USB-Microphone/dp/B002VA464S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421845830&sr=8-1&keywords=blue+yeti
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00FXKCW4E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00D78W20I?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
http://www.amazon.ca/Sennheiser-HD-558-Headphones/dp/B004FEEY9A/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1421845862&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=hd558
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00KR9X2WM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

whole setup at the time ran me real cash, at the time the blue yeti was 200 and the hd558 was around 250 + the stand popfilter and such id say I put in around 6 after all the shipping and tax 

But less we forgot, we all sound good enough for skype. KNOW YOUR SCOPE.

With $200, I say go with Audio Technica AT2020 or ATR2500 who specialize in sound quality. Razer is just a waste of time, though I appreciate the great intentions they had! More over I'm inventing my very own smart devices myself & I can't emphasize enough that what I'm making is fully dedicated to all users with greater functionality & value for Money, just like a Lamborghini. What you pay is what you get exclusively! 

Its a rebranded Blue Yeti Pro.

http://i.imgur.com/KvsZ0Qf.jpg

Basically the exact same microphone, but with a black casing with a green logo and higher price.

Quality is the same.

1: it is not, razer did their own

2: the yeti pro has xlr out and the razer doesn't.

Razer tried to copy blue's design and failed, bringing a sub-par product at twice the price.

It's not a reskinned Blue Yeti, it's a reskinned Blue Yeti Pro. In Australia, the Seiren is cheaper than a Yeti Pro (sources here and here), so in some cases you might want to buy the Razer product (though buying internationally might be cheaper than that - you just won't get local warranty).

No, they are completely different microphones.

I really want to see someone with a complete razer branded rig and setup. Desk, speakers, computer and all components, etc. Probably someone out there that does, they probably just bought this mic too.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

This was just so alluring I had to drop everything I was doing; I just couldn't resist watching (listening). 

I'm a bit sad that no one got this.... oh well 

I really want to see someone with a complete razer branded rig and setup. Desk, speakers, computer and all components, etc. Probably someone out there that does, they probably just bought this mic too.

It would probably look pretty awesome, the one thing Razer has going for them is there stuff usually looks pretty good -- I just wish they had better build quality and a better color....like blue. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

NDA much? New graphics cards? Its about time for the GTX 960 but really wish it was something new from the red team! (Or 980Ti!!!)

So it's a usb mic but it's not just plug-and-play. I actually think that's a good thing. Windows doesn't seem to handle those very well. I own an Ars Technica AT2020 USB and the volume on Windows 8 with this mic in particular and many USB mics like it is way too low. Hopefully Microsoft can fix this at some point or at least with Windows 10 but at the moment I would probably go for the Seiren instead of any other USB mic for that reason alone.

No, they are completely different microphones.

oh really? why does it have exactly the same specs as the yeti blue (expect the xlr connector)?

Razer tried to copy blue's design and failed, bringing a sub-par product at twice the price.

twice the price?

the yeti pro is $219 / $249 MSRP

the yeti is $119 / $149 MSRP

the razer is $179 MSRP

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

oh really? why does it have exactly the same specs as the yeti blue (expect the xlr connector)?

twice the price?

the yeti pro is $219 / $249 MSRP

the yeti is $119 / $149 MSRP

the razer is $179 MSRP

My bad, I thought the razer was $250.

So only 1.6 times the price.

I bet you, that Razer didn't design the actual microphone internals (not the housing) themselves.

They most certainly don't manufacture it.

From the specs most likely BLUE is the OEM

What's the monitor stand/platform that you can see at 6:35 in the video?

Had to log in just to tell everyone that for less money you can get a professional looking and sounding Rode NT-USB Mic, it has all the featues of the Seiren PLUS it's made by a reputable audio brand. Here it's on B&H (not a referral link).

Please spend your money wisely  and remember, Pro Stuff > "Gaming" Stuff, specially in the audio department.

I bet you, that Razer didn't design the actual microphone internals (not the housing) themselves.

They most certainly don't manufacture it.

From the specs most likely BLUE is the OEM

I don't think anyone doubted that the Seiren is basically a marked-up Blue Yeti Pro that looks cool.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

I don't think anyone doubted that the Seiren is basically a marked-up Blue Yeti Pro that looks cool.

The few places I've checked, the Seiren is cheaper than the Yeti Pro...

Had to log in just to tell everyone that for less money you can get a professional looking and sounding Rode NT-USB Mic, it has all the featues of the Seiren PLUS it's made by a reputable audio brand. Here it's on B&H (not a referral link).

Please spend your money wisely  and remember, Pro Stuff > "Gaming" Stuff, specially in the audio department.

sigh ... first it doesn't have all the features.

second, there certainly is (another) audio brand behind it.

Few things that irked me about this review:

At 6:20, Linus mentions that the recordings of the SL300 vs. the Sieren are in the "same configuration." 

We're left to assume that this means both mics were gainstaged exactly the same? The Seiren (unless otherwise noted in the manual) doesn't seem to have any markings on the side indicating the volume levels of  the gain knob. Unless the levels on both mics can be digitally set (if the knob functions as an encoder to a digital volume level), how are we supposed to know that each built in preamp was cranked to the same level?

Also, the SL300 by default comes with an internal (and external) shock mount which is presumably attached to a mic stand, which is nowhere near the "same configuration" as the Seiren. And the sound comparison with and without the pop filter was a bit pointless. Tonal quality or volume differences of ambient room tone with/without would always be negligible.

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

Its a rebranded Blue Yeti Pro.

http://i.imgur.com/KvsZ0Qf.jpg

Basically the exact same microphone, but with a black casing with a green logo and higher price.

Quality is the same.

Trololo whoever figured that out deserves a "well oriented in his field-of-interest personality that cares about his fellow internetians" award.

sigh ... first it doesn't have all the features.

second, there certainly is (another) audio brand behind it.

What feature does it lack that isn't a gimmick?

What's the monitor stand/platform that you can see at 6:35 in the video?