Ps4 vs xbox one vs pc

Alex Marcus

So I've a budget of 20000IndianRupees(320$) and i am confused about buying a ps4 , xbox one or should i just upgrade my pc(which i think is not giving me sufficient performance).

Specs: fx 8320

R9 280x

8gb ram

I don't do online gaming. And if i were to buy a ps4 or xbox one then I'll have to save some money and wait for 2 months.

What should i do?

Using Tapatalk

What games do yu play? 

An FX8320 should be able to handle a 280x at 60fps 1080p in most games (excluding some MMOs, Arma 3 type games) 

Either way, a console will give you far worse performance than your current system. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

if that pc isnt giving u enough fps and u think consoles would give u more fps. ur either a troll or not plugged into the gpu

if that pc isnt giving u enough fps and u think consoles would give u more fps. ur either a troll or not plugged into the gpu

or maybe he just doesnt know a whole lot? not everybody here is very well experienced with computers and how to make them run well. 

askdjfasdf

So I've a budget of 20000IndianRupees(320$) and i am confused about buying a ps4 , xbox one or should i just upgrade my pc(which i think is not giving me sufficient performance).

R9 280x

8gb ram

I don't do online gaming. And if i were to buy a ps4 or xbox one then I'll have to save some money and wait for 2 months.

What should i do?

id say try and upgrade your cpu to an intel core i5 which means youd need to upgrade your mobo as well cuz an i5 wont bottleneck that  280x

askdjfasdf

Honestly, you seem to be the troll here.  

But not, OP should upgrade his PC. Coming from a dual PS4 and PC user (and yes, I like them both), You could think about getting the next AMD card down the line, an SSD, or maybe even peripherals like a mechanical keyboard and a gaming mouse.

Honestly, you seem to be the troll here.  

But not, OP should upgrade his PC. Coming from a dual PS4 and PC user (and yes, I like them both), You could think about getting the next AMD card down the line, an SSD, or maybe even peripherals like a mechanical keyboard and a gaming mouse.

thats a smart idea

askdjfasdf

R9 280x

8gb ram

What should i do?

but also what do you want to do for gaming? gaming doesnt mean you have to just stick with a pc and be a master race snob (this is a joke btw not everyone is a pc master race snob just cuz they play computer games)consoles offer their own thing now days that make it easy to just hand a controller to a friend and play games together. but now the advantage of pc gaming is usually its cheaper especially with steam games.

askdjfasdf

Well i know either of em wont be better (per wise) than my pc. I am just confused about what to do with the money. I love all the console exclusive games. That's why i was thinking of buying a console.

Using Tapatalk

but also what do you want to do for gaming? gaming doesnt mean you have to just stick with a pc and be a master race snob (this is a joke btw not everyone is a pc master race snob just cuz they play computer games)consoles offer their own thing now days that make it easy to just hand a controller to a friend and play games together. but now the advantage of pc gaming is usually its cheaper especially with steam games.

Console exclusives

Using Tapatalk

Console exclusives

thats a bit of a broad answer i mean xbox has halo and titanfall and some final fantasy games sonys got lots of final fantasy games some odd games like octodad little big planet is pretty good so is god of war.  

askdjfasdf

What games do yu play?

An FX8320 should be able to handle a 280x at 60fps 1080p in most games (excluding some MMOs, Arma 3 type games)

Either way, a console will give you far worse performance than your current system.

I play everything(except mmo and all the multiplayer games) and the recently released cod aw is giving me huge fps drops. Googled it .. And found out it had something to do with amd gpus not performing with a low end cpu. And i am not able to play any 2014 game on ultra with 60fps :(

I bought this rig thinking it would last me for about 3,4 years but the games just keep getting hungrier and now i think it wont even last 1 year

Using Tapatalk

I play everything(except mmo and all the multiplayer games) and the recently released cod aw is giving me huge fps drops. Googled it .. And found out it had something to do with amd gpus not performing with a low end cpu. And i am not able to play any 2014 game on ultra with 60fps :(

I bought this rig thinking it would last me for about 3,4 years but the games just keep getting hungrier and now i think it wont even last 1 year

Well, the issue is that the FX8320 is a three (almost four) year old cpu, which AMD took the entirely wrong approach with. AMD opted for many weak cores rather than few strong ones, even though all games (at the time and almost all still do) prefer few strong cores to many weaker ones. 

Regardless, an 8320 should be able to keep up at 60fps in most older games, and most newer games (assuming the game has some decent optimization, and assuming it's a multi-threaded game).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

thats a bit of a broad answer i mean xbox has halo and titanfall and some final fantasy games sonys got lots of final fantasy games some odd games like octodad little big planet is pretty good so is god of war.

If i were to choose between console excl games of ps4 and xbox one I'll go with ps4 .

I don't know anything else about consoles(never owned one)

Using Tapatalk

Well, the issue is that the FX8320 is a three (almost four) year old cpu, which AMD took the entirely wrong approach with. AMD opted for many weak cores rather than few strong ones, even though all games (at the time and almost all still do) prefer few strong cores to many weaker ones.

Regardless, an 8320 should be able to keep up at 60fps in most older games, and most newer games (assuming the game has some decent optimization, and assuming it's a multi-threaded game).

So should i stick to my current setup?

Using Tapatalk

If i were to choose between console excl games of ps4 and xbox one I'll go with ps4 . I don't know anything else about consoles(never owned one)

well i personally own a ps4 and i quite like it its a great system! also they add in a couple cool games here n there like dont starve which is a really cool survival type game. i personally want to get an xbox one as well cuz well i like xbox games too but im also gonna be doing a very big pc build soon myself as well. either console will do you well i am very sure of that.

askdjfasdf

So should i stick to my current setup?

I would, you shouldn't be having many issues with it as it should be able to produce playable results in most games (again MMOs excluded). 

What other games do you play for example? 

And in CoD: AW what are your cpu and gpu temps as well as your cpu clock speed? Also, what motherboard do you have (/what are the rest of your system's specs). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

well i personally own a ps4 and i quite like it its a great system! also they add in a couple cool games here n there like dont starve which is a really cool survival type game. i personally want to get an xbox one as well cuz well i like xbox games too but im also gonna be doing a very big pc build soon myself as well. either console will do you well i am very sure of that.

Thank you :)

And good luck with your Pc

Using Tapatalk

I would, you shouldn't be having many issues with it as it should be able to produce playable results in most games (again MMOs excluded).

What other games do you play for example?

And in CoD: AW what are your cpu and gpu temps as well as your cpu clock speed? Also, what motherboard do you have (/what are the rest of your system's specs).

I've checked the Cpu, gpu temps and i think they are pretty good below 55 for cpu and below 70 gpu

Rest of the specs are

Asus m5a99fx

Corsair 200r

Crucial ballistix 8gb

Seasonic 620

1680*1050 monitor

And i play mostly fps and rpg games fc4 dragon age , middle earth ,thief , bf , cod

Using Tapatalk

I've Cpu, gpu temps and i think they are pretty good below 55 for cpu and below 70 gpu

Rest of the specs are

Asus m5a99fx

Corsair 200r

Crucial ballistix 8gb

Seasonic 620

1680*1050 monitor

Please upgrade to a 1080p monitor, it's 2015.... 

Although, now I have trouble recommending that since 4k is right around the corner from being truly affordable to drive/buy. It's also worth noting that games become less and less cpu dependent as the resolution increases, so that FX8 chip will actually run games better at higher resolutions (And around 4k games are for the most part entirely gpu limited).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Although, now I have trouble recommending that since 4k is right around the corner from being truly affordable to drive/buy. It's also worth noting that games become less and less cpu dependent as the resolution increases, so that FX8 chip will actually run games better at higher resolutions (And around 4k games are for the most part entirely gpu limited).

You aren't saying that by upgrading my monitor I'll get better performance outta my rig?

Using Tapatalk

And yeah i was gonna upgrade my monitor this jan but now looking at the performance i feared it might get even worse

Hence the thought of buying a console(without upgrading my monitor)

Using Tapatalk

You aren't saying that by upgrading my monitor I'll get better performance outta my rig?

no its just for visuals is all really 

askdjfasdf