Do you shop around, or mostly buy your components from one retailer?

SteveGrabowski

I buy EVERYTHING from Amazon and I know I should start shopping around and comparing prices. My card is set up with Amazon and it's so damn convenient that I can hit one button and the next day my items are at the door.

I would normally just buy from NCIX but the watercooling build I'm working, NCIX doesn't carry what I need so I guess I shop around.

I mainly use NCIX, Amazon and FrozenCPU.

blackshades on

I normally buy from Canada Computers because of the discounts I receive from having spent my time working there for a short period. Otherwise, I turn to whoever gives me the better price.

If its cheap, ill buy it, but it has to be a trusted retailer. 

CPU: Intel Core I74790k

I usually buy things from Fry's and have them price match to whoever has the cheapest price. Fry's is kind of like ncix but in the states.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

So NCIX is pretty awesome in Canada? They always say orders ship in 5-8 days for NCIXUS, so I have never been tempted to order from their US affiliate.

NCIX in Vancouver is pretty damn awesome. Why? Order The day before noon and you get it the next day, also why? One of the warehouses are in Richmond BC, roughly a short drive from my home though.

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

I buy everything from one retailer because they are only 5mins from my place lol.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

My usual process for most things:

- research components, find best prices, print out prices

- physically go to retailer (either one that I've had good dealings with or the one that had that price)

- ask for their best price

- if their "best price" isn't the best I've seen ask them to price match

- if they won't budge don't be a dick, politely walk out

Last PC I built I printed off a list from PCPartPicker, showed them the list, they price matched. Didn't drop it more but I was ok with that.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I usually buy stuff from local shop's. Expecially "Lapin atk huolto" in northern Finland.

Really only get stuff from newegg and amazon, try keeping it all from the same place if possible.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I buy from Amazon as long as it can ship to New Zealand :P

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

I buy from newegg, amazon, and sometimes ncixus online and go to microcenter when I can. Microcenter is about 30 minutes away. :)

I buy where the parts that I'm looking for are available... I'm lucky if that one shop has everything that I need...

overclockers.co.uk, or amazon.co.uk for me. I know I can trust them and the parts won't be much cheaper any where else. Plus Overclockers give you a free pack of Haribo's with your orders!

i went instore to ncix, they pricematch nearly everything... so thats good.

Mostly from one retailer in my country

Prices are usually within few dollars from each other, except some e-retailers do keep ridiculous prices and get away with them because of availability and shipping issues

Finally got PS4 Pro

Usually I buy from Amazon they have almost everything, also I have prime so shippings are quite fast  :D

I buy everything in stores at NCIX. They have price matches, so I do that. I hate shipping because I've had bad experiences with them and it's also a pain in the butt if something is defective and you have to return it. I only use shipping if the parts are not sensitive like LED strips, sleeving, etc.

I always buy my stuff from 1 of 3 places. Amazon.co.uk, Overclockers.co.uk or Kustompcs.co.uk. I prefer to use Kustompcs as they are a small retailer which are competitively priced and have great customer feedback.