Do you shop around, or mostly buy your components from one retailer?

SteveGrabowski

i prefer newegg, but sometimes i go with NCIX or Amazon if Newegg doesn't have an item, or if Newegg is charging too much.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I mainly buy from NCIX, but that may change in the future. The customer service is just bad now, they don't reply to tickets(multiple people also posting about that that on their forums), payments get "lost" because they somehow didn't get a fax... had to complain on their forum to get anything done and even there, took an extra week to get resolved.. overall took a little under 3 weeks since the day I had originally checked-out and paid to actually get the item I had purchased. (and yes, it was in stock everywhere, including both warehouse, issue was them not getting the payment even though I did)

Sure it was the "holiday" season, but come on, It would take 30 seconds to check a new ticket and reply some generic stuff to make the customer feel like you actually care. Instead I had to complain in the public forum to actually get noticed by someone at NCIX (Chris).

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I mainly use one or two retailers, depending on price

I usually price match in stores at memory express and buy from ncix online for harder to find stuff.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

i don't like spending money when I don't have to, so I do a bit of shopping around. Mainly from the usual amazon/NCIX/newegg/fries and sometimes from other not as heard of places for less risky parts like fans,heatsinks, things that you can't really screwup and if you do, thats not $100s out of my pocket.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

Find your favorite stores, stick with em. Find new ones and try em all until you have a collection of safe ones for competition. That's how I roll.

I buy my parts from my trusted retailers mostly, sometimes amazon but not that much. Caseking(Overclockers UK belong to them ;) ) and Alternate it is  :wub:

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

100% Newegg (though I'm not an Amazon shopper or I might have bought something from them if I was). When I was looking at parts for my build I could have probably saved like $50-$100 or so by shopping around but to have everything through one source that I've dealt with before, one place to contact in case things broke, and to know that they are highly regarded and trusted it was a no brainer to go with them even it was more money to do so.

I've always bought my components from Newegg and Amazon.

If I had a Microcenter close by I would shop there; but I don't.

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

I don't trust general retailers like Sofmap and Best Buy as far as I could sling a freaking piano. All my parts are bought at smaller stores like Tsukumo and Dospara, which are oriented towards enthusiast computer building.

If I'm in the US, I use Newegg, and I keep my fingers crossed.

I mainly buy from NCIX, but that may change in the future. The customer service is just bad now, they don't reply to tickets(multiple people also posting about that that on their forums), payments get "lost" because they somehow didn't get a fax... had to complain on their forum to get anything done and even there, took an extra week to get resolved.. overall took a little under 3 weeks since the day I had originally checked-out and paid to actually get the item I had purchased. (and yes, it was in stock everywhere, including both warehouse, issue was them not getting the payment even though I did)

Sure it was the "holiday" season, but come on, It would take 30 seconds to check a new ticket and reply some generic stuff to make the customer feel like you actually care. Instead I had to complain in the public forum to actually get noticed by someone at NCIX (Chris).

I know how you feel. I bought something off NCIXUS on the 22nd, and still have not received it. It was lost by UPS, took them 2 weeks to "verify" that it was lost with UPS, and I still have not heard anything back from them. I could of easily disputed my charge with Paypal by now, but I really would like to get my item since I got it for a pretty good price. I generally like to shop with Newegg, to support the smaller business, but I do buy from Amazon a lot since it is usually easier. I wish I had a computer store in my area, but the nearest one to me is a state away, and the best I got is Best Buy -.-.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

all online, amazon or ebay. The nearest tech shop is a 2 hour drive away.

I usually shop around for low prices. If there is a good price at Canada Computers, I usually go there, since I live by one.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

I pretty much just shop at one or two retailers, Scan or PCPartPicker.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Overclockers, Amazon and eBay.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I usually just buy my components from www.scan.co.uk. I have found that their customer service and speedy delivery for a rather cheap price, though, not happy that they have switched from DPD to UPS delivery. It was only £4 for next day delivery with DPD and now it's £9. Though, if I am looking for keyboards and mice, I will hunt around for the best price, especially as I go through mice too darn quickly. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I mainly buy all my things from Amazon or Newegg. Mainly newegg for my PC parts and amazon for peripherals.

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

In my country there's only brick and mortar retailer for computer hardware. There are two good ones in my city but one of them don't have an functioning website (reporting on price, stock availability etc.....) so that store get all of my business, even though the price in that store is 4-5$ more expensive on item like CPU, GPU or RAM. Worth it IMO, nothing more frustrating than dragging your bum to a store and finding out the stuff you want to buy is not in stock 

System Spec: H87 mobo from Zotac, I3 4130, 4GB ddr3 1600mhz Cas 11, WD green 2TB all in side of a Cooler Mater Elite 120

I buy from Microcenter, Amazon, and Newegg. I prefer Microcenter because they have good deals on processors and motherboards and the fact that I open up motherboard boxes all the time to make sure nothing is bent or broken and the sales people don't say a damn thing. I like buying storage and ram from Amazon because they seem to be a bit cheaper. Newegg for anything else, such as cases, fans, power supplies.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

Since in greece we dont have shops with a great variaty in pc parts, they usually offer the newest ones but no variaty eg msi-asus-gigabyte-zotac-evga etc in gpus. It is really hard to buy from 1 retailer but it is annoying to order from varius retailers sometimes it gets more expensive with the shipping. And getting my parts from aboards means i have to pay taxes so again more expenses

Ebay and Amazon

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

I try to keep it at two maximum because delovery costs add up too much :/

Amazon, scan, e-buyer, aria, overclockers, dabs are my options in UK.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I pretty much just shop at one or two retailers, Scan or PCPartPicker.

U do realiae that partpicker is not a retailer? Its only a website built to find best prices from retailers.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE