Congratulations To Comcast, Your 2014 Worst Company In America!

Damn I know Comcast is terrible, but they also managed to beat Ubi last year?!

2014 truly was the year of digging. 

10822323_10204033461215968_671281425_n.j

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Internet wise, Comcast is still better than Verizon.  No longer 1 Mbs down "High Speed Internet" for the same price as 25 Mbs down with comcast :/

wow, i didn't see this coming...                                             /s

i would say ubisoft should be first, but ubisoft just makes bad games, not a big deal. but some people don't have a choice but to go with Comcast, so it's a much bigger problem if they're a pile of poo.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

at least they see the problem a good step in the right direction now they just need to act a little

What is Monsanto, and what do they do? 

Yeah I haven't heard of them either. I don't really see any special assholiness from them. One antitrust investigation, some accusations of child labor and a hole bunch of "GMO is bad! I don't understand it and therefore it scares me!" bullshit.

Apparently give you and all your family cancer....Or if you're more reasonable they're an agricultural corporation not very good at labeling GMO crops which might or might not have an adverse effect on humans but it's good enough for rigorous testing by the FDA but not good enough for some radical Vegans with too much time on their hands.

I think it was Jimmy Kimmel that just did a bit asking people on the street if they think food containing DNA should be labeled..  :D

Monsanto does do some crazy stuff as far as farming goes. They like to sue farmers because they have patents on strains of crops and seeds. A guy was sued in Indiana for replanting seeds from his Monsanto soybeans because replanting the seeds of your crops is apparently prohibited if you are buying from Monsanto. The fact they are a global biotech firm widely known for cornering markets, forcing farmers to buy from them and other sketchy corporate practices around the globe, is my concern with them. GMO is pretty cool, humans have been doing it since Mendel's pea experiments, and I honestly think it will be a key to future food production for the planet. But when you use it to cross in herbicides, insecticides and other 'frankenstein' crops (tomacco) mostly to simply put a patent on a seed, to squeeze more money out of farmers, that's pretty messed up.

If you really want to read about it, there's this. And keep in mind this report is from 2005: http://grist.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/cfsmonsantovsfarmerreport1.13.05.pdf

Yeah I haven't heard of them either. I don't really see any special assholiness from them. One antitrust investigation, some accusations of child labor and a hole bunch of "GMO is bad! I don't understand it and therefore it scares me!" bullshit.

Well there's also something that at least sound evil in their gmo thing as they can be patented. So corporations like Monsanto may gain a monopoly on gmo foods. And gmo has been touted a answer to some food production related issues in developing countries.

I hope I'm making sense as I can't seem to word myself properly.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Not sure if anyone pointed this out... but....

*You're

Anyways I don't really get what the big deal with Ubisoft is, I mean is an FPS governor really that big of a deal?

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Well there's also something that at least sound evil in their gmo thing as they can be patented. So corporations like Monsanto may gain a monopoly on gmo foods. And gmo has been touted a answer to some food production related issues in developing countries.

I hope I'm making sense as I can't seem to word myself properly.

Yeah patenting products that could save millions of lives is not a great thing for humanity.

I think it was Jimmy Kimmel that just did a bit asking people on the street if they think food containing DNA should be labeled..  :D

Monsanto does do some crazy stuff as far as farming goes. They like to sue farmers because they have patents on strains of crops and seeds. A guy was sued in Indiana for replanting seeds from his Monsanto soybeans because replanting the seeds of your crops is apparently prohibited if you are buying from Monsanto. The fact they are a global biotech firm widely known for cornering markets, forcing farmers to buy from them and other sketchy corporate practices around the globe, is my concern with them. GMO is pretty cool, humans have been doing it since Mendel's pea experiments, and I honestly think it will be a key to future food production for the planet. But when you use it to cross in herbicides, insecticides and other 'frankenstein' crops (tomacco) mostly to simply put a patent on a seed, to squeeze more money out of farmers, that's pretty messed up.

If you really want to read about it, there's this. And keep in mind this report is from 2005: http://grist.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/cfsmonsantovsfarmerreport1.13.05.pdf

Okay that does pretty shitty of them. You're not allowed to plant the seeds from the crops?

Okay that does pretty shitty of them. You're not allowed to plant the seeds from the crops?

Yup.

Because the patents only allow for the exchange and use of seeds if a license is first obtained from the patent holder, farmers possessing patented seeds are prohibited by law from saving them for use the next year, essentially revoking a right that has been central to farming for over 10,000 years.

They also go after farmers who haven't planted Monsanto seeds, but ended up having their crops pollenated by them.

Other farmers who never knowingly planted genetically engineered seed have been penalized when their seed was found to be contaminated with genetic material patented by Monsanto. The proliferation of Monsanto’s biotech crops within U.S. agriculture has impacted tens of thousands of farmers, as contamination of non-biotech crops with genetically engineered traits has affected nearly every major commercial crop in the United States.

And it's not just farmers that they're squeezing, but the biotech industry itself:

Monsanto sent a claim to the U.S. patent office asserting ownership of an important genetic mechanism found in the cauliflower mosaic virus, which serves to activate genes. This mechanism, the 35S promoter, is one of the most important tools in the toolbox of any genetic engineer. When Monsanto was eventually awarded a patent for the promoter, it gained the ability to control its use by other biotech companies by forcing them to pay dearly for it.

(quotes are from the article I posted earlier)

So yes, Monsanto is definitely worthy of the hate it gets, 'GMO' is just a catchy acronym that is easy for people to throw around. What most people miss about it is the fact that GMO is basically DRM for agriculture instead of media.

The problem is that it's a lot easier to tell when Comcast is mucking things up. Monsanto dominating the farming industry is a much bigger issue, but much harder to tangibly realize the negatives (unless you're a farmer).

What an year. Lets see what bullshit, crap and even more terrible things will come from Ubishit and Cumcast this year.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

What is Monsanto, and what do they do?

They own the US agricultural food supply and sue small time farmers out of business with impunity by "finding" their patented seeds in these farmers' fields.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

there method of making money is they produce the gmo crop seeds that are immune to there pesticide and other things (the only one on the market pretty much) so farmers have to buy the monsanto crop seed and pesticide the crop seeds are also designed to not be able to reproduce so they have to buy new seed each year. its a massive racket

If only it would be an elimination game where each and every year worst company is gone. This would be truly a competitive scene

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

Aww and ubisoft was trying so hard. Guess they never stood a chance, being French and all that.

Honorary mentions anyone?

I hate Comcast too, but I am paying $35 a month for 105Mbps down (I usually get 110-120 down and 10-12 up). They suck, but they aren't evil.

monsanto is pretty terrible too.. i almost wish monsanto would of won. Food is getting more and more terrible these days

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I think it was Jimmy Kimmel that just did a bit asking people on the street if they think food containing DNA should be labeled.. :D

If you really want to read about it, there's this. And keep in mind this report is from 2005: http://grist.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/cfsmonsantovsfarmerreport1.13.05.pdf

That argument is rarely made on it's own, but valid none the less, touche.

-------

Current Rig

-------

• 2 weeks later...

thanx for stating the obvious... they're horrendous .... but this article is from April of 2014 .... nothing new 

Replace "in america" with "in the world" and this will be accurate.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Replace "in america" with "in the world" and this will be accurate.

You've never been in Australia, eh?

You've never been in Australia, eh?

From the stories I've heard about AUS, I just assumed Comcast operated there as well.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Congratulations guys! You certainly worked hard for this title.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates