Cheap Mechanical Keyboards

SgtSparkles
Go to solution Solved by nhatduy1611,

First off i apologize but i cannot seem to find this forums search function post sleep medicine and this topic likely exists somewhere.  

Anyway, I'm looking for a (as much as possible) cost effective option for a mechanical keyboard. I'm mainly typing and not gaming at all. My only real requirements are usb and that i would prefer a 10 key but it's not 100 necessary. I don't need macros, i don't need LED's and i don't need rapid fire this or that. I'm just trying to get a more enjoyable typing experience now that my outline for my book is done.

Thank you.  

http://www.amazon.com/Tt-eSPORTS-Poseidon-Illuminated-KB-PIZ-KLBLUS-01/dp/B00HZE2PJS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421650679&sr=8-1&keywords=poseidon+z&pebp=1421650681808&peasin=B00HZE2PJS. The Poseidon Z is one of the best budget mechanical keyboard out there right now for only 77$ it is such a steal.

It's meant to be a gify. 

https://gfycat.com/FirstPleasantGoldenretriever#

I'm making the size smaller when I post it in the review so it loads faster, and I'll add a gify link like above

Got some audio for the review too.

Wish this forums supported webms or something.  

Well i understand the content of the gif there is no context. lets hear the sob story.

Thread's here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/294284-razer-quality/

Did you see that the Monoprice board is restocking today?

Well it's a decent looking keyboard for 50 bucks. The only real downside is this http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lolita

I did see the monoprice board is restocking and i would prefer a 10 key so i signed up for the notification and hope to get one otherwise i have 2 days to decide on the lolita board

The monoprice has been delayed about 6 days. booooo

I just figured i would chime in and warn you once more

against getting light switches if you are a heavy typist :P

I would argue it's harder to get used to light switches as a 

heavy typer than heavy switches as a light typer, if not

impossible. I could never do it. it's just a overall horrible

experience and the switches simply don't feel good at all.

i'd much rather have membrane than light cherry mx keys,

that is me personally though. not sure how bad you are.

Also i'd say tactile bump and tactile click feedback feels

pretty different, the click is sharper than the bump.

I've typed on a few mechanical keyboards and they all felt pretty great to me. While i consider myself a pretty hard typist, maybe i'm not as much as i thought

Well i waited too long on the lolita so now there's no blue left. guess i'll have to wait and hope the monoprice actually restocks

This is what i ended up buying. The Monoprice isn't guaranteed to restock below this price and may not restock till feburary.

This is what i ended up buying. The Monoprice isn't guaranteed to restock below this price and may not restock till feburary.

That key wobble on Kailh switches tho... you saw it in the video, you'll probably see it yourself.

If you can get it under 85$ that is still a pretty good deal for a full size mechanical keyboard with led backlight it's worth the wait if you ask me.

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

That key wobble on Kailh switches tho... you saw it in the video, you'll probably see it yourself.

I used a razer with the kalaih switches today and it was still mindblowingly better than what i'm using,

If you can get it under 85$ that is still a pretty good deal for a full size mechanical keyboard with led backlight it's worth the wait if you ask me.

Well it'll be here friday so not much wait. got it for 77 dollars shipped. Hard to bitch about. 

Well here it is. Loads better than the membrane keyboard. Quite a bit less fatigue on my knuckles after 6 hours of 10 key at work. The lowest level of back light is nice but the brightest setting is unbearable (pictured)

WP_20150123_022_zpspskbmwvo.jpg

WP_20150124_002_zpsxud8xi48.jpg