GALAX GeForce GTX 980 Hall of Fame Edition

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1KT7qMS

Amazon: http://geni.us/1ZGw (not listed here - just a search for GTX 980)

GALAXstore: http://bit.ly/1ysfaSy

Galax Hall of Fame 980... Galaxy Hof? Galax HoF? Well anyways it's a beautiful card with beastly overclocking capability and a great cooler.

Seems like a cool card, if only I had the money to drop on one..

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

yay! Thanks nick :)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I wish they shipped to US...

This kinda looks like the last gen Lightnings...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

@athesean1 buy 2 of the 970 variant or I will murder you, well I will probably still murder you and steal them

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

I wish they shipped to US...

Well they have a US site with US pricing so I assume that if you buy direct from them, you can get it. I don't think retailers sell them though.

@nickmlg Here's a link to the 980 HOF on GALAX's online store which is the only place that you can get them in the US afaik http://www.galaxstore.net/GALAX-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-980-HOF-4GB-p/98nqh6dnd2tx.htm

Two of these would look so awesome with a X99 deluxe and some dominator platinum's in a black / white H440.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Two of these would look so awesome with a X99 deluxe and some dominator platinum's in a black / white H440.

X99 deluxe doesn't have a white PCB, if you go Z97 with the Z97 sabertooth mark S, you would have a fully white build

Do you guys put your videos on the forum before utube. Cause its only viewable to people with the link and this isnt the usual upload time

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

Do you guys put your videos on the forum before utube. Cause its only viewable to people with the link

It's set to only people with links can view it until a certain time... Nick manually posts it here, so their can be a more reputable/ somewhat intelligent discussion of the video compared to comments.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

X99 deluxe doesn't have a white PCB, if you go Z97 with the Z97 sabertooth mark S, you would have a fully white build

Didn't notice the sabertooth mark S actually had a white PCB, all I noticed was the not quite white thermal armour that I'd want to take off right away.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Didn't notice the sabertooth mark S actually had a white PCB, all I noticed was the not quite white thermal armour that I'd want to take off right away.

its camo white...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I don't really think a Techquickie on the silicone lottery will make too much sense, since there isn't really that much to say about it. I'm probably just missing out on a lot of the behind the scenes stuff that goes on in the factories that produce these chips so that's probably why.

I really  want to a HOF, even if it is a 970.

Well they have a US site with US pricing so I assume that if you buy direct from them, you can get it. I don't think retailers sell them though.

@nickmlg Here's a link to the 980 HOF on GALAX's online store which is the only place that you can get them in the US afaik http://www.galaxstore.net/GALAX-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-980-HOF-4GB-p/98nqh6dnd2tx.htm

Thanks for the link!

Your ncix link is not working.

@nicklmg

If the link isn't working that just means that NCIX isn't stocking them as of yet :P

Do you guys put your videos on the forum before utube. Cause its only viewable to people with the link and this isnt the usual upload time

We do! The LTT community is great at catching mistakes. That way we can make sure we are pushing the best version possible when we upload :)

Seems like a cool card, if only I had the money to drop on one..

Money in the first place would be nice.

@nicklmg I don't really like the way you guys review the TOTL variant cards, will explain below.

I understand why you do it this way, but IMHO you should be watercooling it, and putting a custom BIOS on it to show what it can actually do rather than what it can conservatively do.  They design these cards to be pushed on water & Ln2, I don't really think anyone buying this should be using the 'stock' cooler.

Then again I suppose you may have to send these cards to the next reviewer on the list, and while they may be designed for things like this, that doesn't mean nothing can go wrong.  Plus if you get the card before a block is released, then it doesn't really make much sense to do it that way.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

That's a pretty COOL card!

Get it? Coz the cooler us great so the chip stays cool? Get it?

K, I'll leave

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Just a heads up that the goo.gl link to the overclocking info that you put in the video at 5:10 doesn't work because it's case sensitive and you are using an all-caps font. You could always use a bitly link and customise it to be all caps and something more memorable.

HTTP/2 203

at 5:12–5:16,
Please note that goo.gl shortened URLs are case-sensitive, so the one showed on the video does not redirect anywhere.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K (4GHz x 4 cores/8 threads);

RAM: 32GB DDR3 1333MHz; 

Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC GAMING ACX 3.0; 

MB: ASUS Z97-A/USB 3.1; 

Storage: 512GB Samsung 970 PRO NVMe SSD.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Nope don't make a video about silicon lottery, make a video about NN, a live show about Net Neutrality would be great  with interaction with us.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

good video, altough on the top there is a connector(roughly in the middle) wich wasn't mentoined by luke/slick, what does it do?

looks like an optional fanheader to me.

screencap of the connector

xEWgYXH.png

May the light have your back and your ISO low.