Dragon Age Inquisition. What do I do now?

watts300

I think I'm stuck.  I don't know what to do or where to go.   I'm inexperienced with RPGs (this is my first one) so I'm sure there is something that I've missed.  

In the attached photos, I've circled two Rifts in red that are guarded by Demons that I can't defeat.  They're several levels higher than I am.  I'm level 8.    The blue-circled Rift, I can't even figure out how to get there.  

I'd appreciate some help, and if I need to share more information about my character, clan, or quests I've already completed, I can do that.  

post-122698-0-84267900-1421422335_thumb.

post-122698-0-84267900-1421422335_thumb.

continue the story and come back later. thats what i did. some of those demon are super hard at level 8 come back at 10 and careful for the dragon 

and to get to the blue it on top of a mountain that is tricky to find 

****im assuming you are in the hinterlands?

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

If the rifts are too hard to take down then just avoid it until you are strong enough. Do other quest to gain power and do the story mission don't spend too much time grinding side quest you will burn out pretty soon. You can find the main quest are in the journal under " The inquisition path".

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

continue the story and come back later. thats what i did. some of those demon are super hard at level 8 come back at 10 and careful for the dragon 

and to get to the blue it on top of a mountain that is tricky to find 

****im assuming you are in the hinterlands?

Ya, I'm in the Hinterlands.    To be honest, I didn't realize I wasn't playing a part of the story.  Hmm.  I guess I was more confused that I thought. haha

If the rifts are too hard to take down then just avoid it until you are strong enough. Do other quest to gain power and do the story mission don't spend too much time grinding side quest you will burn out pretty soon. You can find the main quest are in the journal under " The inquisition path".

Many hours of gameplay back, some one told me to "stay in the Hinterlands" so I've just been trying to do all the quests that appeared in the Journal under Hinderlands, so I did and I ended up forgetting the rest.    I see The Inquisition Path, but when I select is as Active, I don't see anything change on the map.  I don't  know where to go.  If the eye icon to the right of "The threat remains" is supposed to appear on the map/radar, I'm not seeing it.  I have no idea how to get to Val Royeaux. 

Here's the Journal:

post-122698-0-43002700-1421428044_thumb.

Ya, I'm in the Hinterlands.    To be honest, I didn't realize I wasn't playing a part of the story.  Hmm.  I guess I was more confused that I thought. haha

Many hours of gameplay back, some one told me to "stay in the Hinterlands" so I've just been trying to do all the quests that appeared in the Journal under Hinderlands, so I did and I ended up forgetting the rest.    I see The Inquisition Path, but when I select is as Active, I don't see anything change on the map.  I don't  know where to go.  If the eye icon to the right of "The threat remains" is supposed to appear on the map/radar, I'm not seeing it.  I have no idea how to get to Val Royeaux. 

Here's the Journal:

attachicon.gifIMG_4808.JPG

Go to Haven I believe the quest will pop up then since the war table is in the castle at haven.

Also the person that told you to stay in the hinterlands trolled you, You have to explore other locations then come back later if you wish.

Looking for a dutch gaming clan? http://fapp-crew.nl/

Here's the Journal:

attachicon.gifIMG_4808.JPG

Go back to haven and into the war room(the room with where you first unlock the hinterland) unlock the main mission using 4 power like it said and then done you have unlock Val Royeaux. Travel to Val Royeaux to continue with the main quest. The hinterland is a grind area where you can farm power point early in the game just leave that place it get boring after a couple of hours. Also alot of main quest require you to unlock them first with power point then you can play them.

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

Yeah go to haven and do it I have also had trouble with some of the rifts the blue rift I think you have to go through a castle or get to higher land

<sigh>  Non linear games are still new to me.  haha.  

I finally got to Haven.   

What created this particular hurdle for me was thinking that I had to run some where in the Hinterlands to access it.   Turns out, it was just a matter of selecting it in the World Map (which I hadn't even used).   I'm in another area now (I forgot the name and I'm not by the TV) where I'm doing a lot of running on the coastline.  

You are still very early into the game. I'm 60 hours in and still have not completed it. Keep playing the story until you unlock Skyhold.

You are still very early into the game. I'm 60 hours in and still have not completed it. Keep playing the story until you unlock Skyhold.

Yah, I plan on playing it for a while.  I've got 23 hours on it.   This is already the longest I've ever played a single game.

...with the exception of Resogun survival mode.  It's like crack. Except I'm better at Resogun than Dragon Age.  (or crack. haha)

Do the main quest and progress to other areas. Come back when at appropriate level, defeat demons. Get money.

Already beat the game here.

A tip for (far in) the future of your playthrough.. Sandy Howler is cancer.

Quote my post if you need me to respond.

• 2 weeks later...

The great thing about Inquisition is that it gives you the chance to explore quest lines at your own leisure. its not going to tell you you need to go back to have or anywhere else. you choose to go there either of your own accord or by following the instructions in the quest journal. if you'd like some advice on getting to the blue marked area then think of your map like a real life map. use it often. the map shows mountains and rivers and bridges. also a good tip is to go to the tents marked on the map and set up camps as you can then fast travel around the map using these camps. to fast travel just click on the tent you want to travel to and then click ok. obviously you need to discover it first to fast travel there. Also remember to use tactics when fighting tough enemies. Keep your tank (Usually the warrior) up close taking the heat off the other players while using your mages and rogues to deal damage from afar. If your rogue has daggers then try place him out of the fight until the tank has taken the aggro. then use him to sneak around and backstab for big damage. also use your mages protective spells on your warrior (You dont want him fainting :P) Hope this helps.