Which Pokemon For A Newbie?

Darlew1998

I just bought a New 3DS XL (Perks of living in Australia) and I want to get into pokemon. I haven't played a Pokemon game since Leaf Green and I played a load of that but I have no idea which games and which versions of those games are the best ones so can any one help me out? Thanks in advance.

I just bought a New 3DS XL (Perks of living in Australia) and I want to get into pokemon. I haven't played a Pokemon game since Leaf Green and I played a load of that but I have no idea which games and which versions of those games are the best ones so can any one help me out? Thanks in advance.

I'm not a fan of black or black 2, but that is more of a personal preference thing. Imo you can throw a dart to decide, they are all good. For me my preference is 3rd gen (these remakes look amazing) > 2nd (the remakes were good) > 1st (the remakes were excellent) > 4th > x/y (6th?) then white/black and white2/black2 which I'm not sure as to whether they count as a single generation or not.

X and Y are a good place to start.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

Id'e go for Gen 4 (Platinum, and HG/SS). Black/ White, and then the Gen 3 remakes... You can swap the last two.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I'm not really looking for the nostalgia experience or anything like that, i'm more looking for one that is easiest to learn and get into because I was awful at Leaf Green, I just Metal Clawed the crap outta everything I came across.  

im not sure if that ds can play gba games, but if you missed emerald you should definitely go back and play that

Runescape player  II  Civ 6 and LoL noob  II  

Also I don't want to play six Pokemon games I just want one for now, I don't know how long i'll be playing the thing.

Id'e go for Gen 4 (Platinum, and HG/SS). Black/ White, and then the Gen 3 remakes... You can swap the last two.

The Internet Box Podcast were talking about Heart Gold and Soul Silver and how they were addicted to them but I cant find any of the Pokemons before X and Y in any stores.

Red and Blue

POKEMONSTER BLACK (joke)

Pokemon red or blue

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

The Internet Box Podcast were talking about Heart Gold and Soul Silver and how they were addicted to them but I cant find any of the Pokemons before X and Y in any stores.

I didn't like X and Y as much as the previous games...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Like I said I can't find any of these Pokemon games in stores so where can I get them?

Like I said I can't find any of these Pokemon games in stores so where can I get them?

Honestly, the new remakes are probably the best pokemon games I have played (Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire) aside from the originals of course.

Probably be best to go from there but it would be better if you could get the originals and play them first.

Otherwise Pokemon diamond was a great game along with HeartGold and SoulSilver, also remakes. I didn't enjoy black/2/x, they were just too weird for me.

Just get the latest (Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire).  Fantastic remakes with a bit of extra stuff thrown in and gives you loads of access to Pokemon from other gens etc.  The online connectivity is really easy to use to you can battle and trade with whoever.  Also has quite a lot of post-game content which was one of the main problems with X/Y, aside from a rather mundane story.  That being said, X/Y was amazing in every other aspect of the game (visuals, animations, sounds, etc.), and OR/AS builds upon that.

The older games are quite difficult to find, and are often have quite inflated prices.  If you're looking at the older ones I recommend going on the Cash Converters webstore and purchasing or bidding there (depending on the listing).  I picked up Platinum and Heart Gold last year and it was much better value and less effort than attempting to locate a copy at EB Games...

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

ORAS to get you started. Then get whatever. Gen4 is probably the generation most contested alongside 3 for "best".

• 2 weeks later...

So I ended up with Omega Ruby and its pretty dern good. I've played about 20 hours and gotten to the 4th gym leader. So far my only complaint is that I only recognised about 5 of the pokemon I've encountered so far as I could name about 75% of the original pokemon also Charlizard isn't in the game, whats up with that?

So I ended up with Omega Ruby and its pretty dern good. I've played about 20 hours and gotten to the 4th gym leader. So far my only complaint is that I only recognised about 5 of the pokemon I've encountered so far as I could name about 75% of the original pokemon also Charlizard isn't in the game, whats up with that?

Each region has it's own native Pokemon, however some can be found in multiple regions like Pikachu, Geodude, Zubat, etc.  Charizard isn't native to Hoenn (Gen III), however is native to Kanto (Gen I) and Kalos (Gen VI).  You can get a Charmander easily off the GTS if you really want one or you can probably find one by Wonder Trading a few times, competitive battlers tend to send their less successful IV bred pokemon through Wonder Trade and Charmander can be quite common.

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

Great! As soon as I learn what wonder trade and GTS are i'll give it a look.

Also, on a side note the dude at the game store conned me into getting a charger by telling me that my DSi charger was incompatible but when I got home they were exactly the same. Not relevant to pokemon at all but was pissed.

I like Gen 3 the most :)

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

Since you have a 3DS console you are out of luck on any of the pre-Diamond/Pearl games (unless you use a flash card). X & Y are that start of the 6th generation so those games are a god place to start, since they introduce a new type and teach you a bit about the game and how to play.

| Corsair Carbide 400Q | Intel Core i5 6600K | ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB |

| EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW+ ACX 2.0 SLI | Noctua NH-L9i | Corsair RM650X | HyperX Fury 240 GB | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB |

Steam: zonetrooper90 | PSN: zonetrooper90 | NNID: zonetrooper90 |