AMD employee confirms new GPU with HBM and 300W

Kowar

some will be upgraded rebadged r9 290x ext , but the flagship will be new silicon more then likely

Unless the rumors are true that Hawaii was never a full fat core. Speculation has stirred since its debut of actually having 48 compute units (3072 SP's). If that's the case AMD could of binned full fat Hawaii for the R9 380X. Which with that bump in shader count would set them up to be more competitive with Maxwell.

Unless the rumors are true that Hawaii was never a full fat core. Speculation has stirred since its debut of actually having 48 compute units (3072 SP's). If that's the case AMD could of binned full fat Hawaii for the R9 380X. Which with that bump in shader count would set them up to be more competitive with Maxwell.

So AMD was able to possibly plan ahead?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Unless the rumors are true that Hawaii was never a full fat core. Speculation has stirred since its debut of actually having 48 compute units (3072 SP's). If that's the case AMD could of binned the fully working ones for the R9 380X. Which with that bump in shader count would set them up to be more competitive with Maxwell.

now THAT would be interesting. just takes time to get some good samples from manufacturing. once again rumors making me question what cards to buy in the future lol. doesnt direct x12 "merge" both brands ? if thats the case then we may have a nice hybrid solution

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

now THAT would be interesting. just takes time to get some good samples from manufacturing. once again rumors making me question what cards to buy in the future lol. doesnt direct x12 "merge" both brands ? if thats the case then we may have a nice hybrid solution

True, but then you have the inefficiency of an AMD graphics card added to the mix as well. Don't get me wrong I like

AMD (still rocking a K6-2 500 and DX-40), but they direction they are taking from the efficiency standpoint is stupid. Their solution to get more performance seems to be just 'throw more power at it, she'll be right', not a completely new architecture that performs better with less power than the previous gen.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

So AMD was able to possibly plan ahead?

It would be interesting to see none the less. Which would stack Hawaii as it sits against the GTX 970 in which it does compete with.

R9 395x2 = Bermuda (2x Fiji)R9 390X  = FijiR9 390   = Fiji (Cut Down)R9 380X  = Grenada (Hawaii Full Fat 3072 SP's)R9 380   = Grenada (Hawaii R9 290X)R8 370X  = Tonga (Full Fat 2048 SP's)R9 370   = Tonga (R9 285)R7 360X  = Trinidad (Pitcairn XT)R7 360   = Trinidad (Pitcairn PRO)

In my opinion would be a far more interesting lineup for AMD.