Micro-atx gaming rig "Black Recluse"

waggythegeek

Well, this build log is gonna be a long one, as I'm below the legal working age and am relying solely on my allowance and holiday money. Here's the parts:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Mg3XWZAs you can see, my goal is tiny, but powerful within reason. I could've made it better, but I'm on a budget. Maybe I'll upgrade later.
First update! I just bought the graphics card. I should be here Wednesday, 1/14/15. I'll post pictures then.
Second Update: Graphics card is here, just on time!
2 1/2 Update: Pics working! Here's the graphics card!
post-158440-0-92591200-1422416348.jpgpost-158440-0-76037700-1422416361.jpg
Update three: Just bought the RAM. Pics upon arrival.
Update four: Sorry, totally forgot about pics! Those will be coming soon. Anyways, ordered mobo and it will be here in about a week. Pics on arrival, for realsies this time!
Update 5: Pics of ram:
post-158440-0-66725400-1427378341_thumb.
post-158440-0-60661800-1427378355_thumb.
post-158440-0-59377300-1427378370_thumb.
Update 6: Motherboard will be here "by end of day Friday". Ya right...(mini-edit 6.5 it actually was...)
Update 7: Mobo pic!
post-158440-0-60063400-1428892649_thumb.
I got a request to see pics of the system, so here's what I have, all put together.
post-158440-0-38574500-1431146613.jpg
post-158440-0-91829700-1431146643.jpg

Update 8: PSU here! here's pics:

post-158440-0-61733400-1435429848_thumb.

post-158440-0-37172800-1435429992_thumb.

post-158440-0-33723000-1435430148_thumb.

post-158440-0-22069300-1435430184_thumb.

Update 9: CPU pics time:

post-158440-0-97726200-1435430627_thumb.

post-158440-0-59737800-1435430638_thumb.

post-158440-0-39954900-1435430702_thumb.

post-158440-0-09605400-1435430713_thumb.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Looks good, however RM series PSU's have a pretty bad reputation, try something like the CX series and get a 600watt model. And my personal preference is that I don't like ASrock boards, I usually prefer either Gigabyte or Asus, although MSI is okay too. 

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Looks good, however RM series PSU's have a pretty bad reputation, try something like the CX series and get a 600watt model. And my personal preference is that I don't like ASrock boards, I usually prefer either Gigabyte or Asus, although MSI is okay too. 

CX600M FTW!

i would get some kingston fury ram to match the motherboard and i would really wait for the gtx 960 it will kill the 280.

About the graphics card: To late, did you read my first post? ;)

And I am on a budget, so I will, but not until after the initial build is done.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Well, this build log is gonna be a long one, as I'm below the legal working age and am relying solely on my allowance and holiday money. Here's the parts:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/p8fHQ7

As you can see, my goal is tiny, but powerful within reason. I could've made it better, but I'm on a budget. Maybe I'll upgrade later.

First update! I just bought the graphics card. I should be here Wednesday, 1/14/15. I'll post pictures then.

If you really want a tiny case, get the Silverstone RVZ01 or ML07B or Lian Li PC-Q19. You may have to cut some blow holes in the PC-Q19 so additional fresh air.

i tend to skim over things

Not a problem. Something like this?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nPyXZL

I like my current case.

Also, that psu looks to be a downgrade from the one that I picked...

What should I name it?

@bmwm3186

why donny

A friend of mine suggested Randall. Like Randall Munroe.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Rt6RRB

I would do something like this and then upgrade the CPU after a while

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

CX better than RM series? uwotm8

I have never heard about bad RM psu. I got 1 myself, I had CX before but it made to much noise.  

What should I name it?

Maybe "the recluse"... Like the spider.

i would really wait for the gtx 960 it will kill the 280.

how do you find these things out?

Only issue I see with the GTX 960 is that it will only have 2gb vram.

That's not enough these days.

I would wait and see if Nvidia rectify that, or, do a 4gb version too.

The build looks solid to me. Shame the FX series don't come in ITX as the FX 6300 is a great gaming chip and easily overclocked.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Second update: Graphics card is here! I would post pics like I promised, but all the little buttons that let me as things, change font, etc. Are grayed out. Help would be welcome, so I can get these beautiful pictures up.

If I switched my case to the fractal node 304, would I have enough ventilation? Is cheaper, and smaller.

If you really want a tiny case, get the Silverstone RVZ01 or ML07B or Lian Li PC-Q19. You may have to cut some blow holes in the PC-Q19 so additional fresh air.

Might actually switch to the RVZ01. Looks pretty good. Is the height limit on the graphics card really 5.88"? That's barely even a height restriction...

Might actually switch to the RVZ01. Looks pretty good. Is the height limit on the graphics card really 5.88"? That's barely even a height restriction...

I have done builds in both the RVZ01 and ML07B and i prefer the ML07B because its easier to mod...however, if your personal preference is to use a RVZ01 go for it. Just a note of warning, be very careful wire routing so that it doesnt interfere with airflow.

I have done builds in both the RVZ01 and ML07B and i prefer the ML07B because its easier to mod...however, if your personal preference is to use a RVZ01 go for it. Just a note of warning, be very careful wire routing so that it doesnt interfere with airflow.

The RVZ01 is too pricey, and the ML07 is too big. Any other suggestions?

The RVZ01 is too pricey, and the ML07 is too big. Any other suggestions?

Lian Li PC-Q19?

Lian Li PC-Q19?

I'll check it out. Just wondering, how do you pronounce your name?