100TB+ Server build log (151TB to be precise)

looney

And then there's me with my 3x1TB drives in RaidZ that I need to upgrade to 2 or 3TB drives. Sigh..... 

CPU i5 4430 3Ghz | Ram: 16GB DDR3 1600 | GPU: GTX 650 Ti 1GB | Mobo: H87N-Wifi | Case: White Bitfenix Prodigy | Boot Drive: 120GB 840 Evo (Mac OS X) 120gb OCZ Vertex 3 (Windows) | Games Drive: 640GB WD Green | OS: Windows 8 & OS X 10.9.1

I love all technology. The perfection of macs for my designer side, and the hardware and fun of tinkering on the of the pc side. We can have it all, just not at the same time.

Everyone Looney runs a cocaine cartel. There I figured it out.

I thought it was heroine ????

Looking for a job

I thought it was heroine ????

cocaine is easier to sell

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Small update:

I Haver received most of the parts by now and have started building it making photos as I go along.

I'm a bit to busy right now to update the build-log daily so I will update it after most of the work is done.

I will give you 4 teaser pics though:

Supermicro server is just so sexy  :wub: . What a beauty  B)

-snip-

I'd buy those Xeon boxes from you :D

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Wow. With a project this big, how long did it take you to figure out how you're gonna set everything up? Months of planning must have went into this.

Turns out he will just do it on the fly :P

Anyways, the cable mess would be amazing. My school should propably borrow this, considering each single person has like 150 mb...

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

• 3 weeks later...

Bugger,

Remind me again tomorrow, need to sleep now :(

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Bugger,

Remind me again tomorrow, need to sleep now :(

Sleep? Sleep is for the weak.

And for those with jobs or school

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I wonder how long it will take you to fill all of that...

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

I wonder how long it will take you to fill all of that...

41a4499783.png

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

41a4499783.png

You have hardly filled your array at all, at least from a percentage standpoint. Isn't this superfluous? What are you going to store with all that space?

Honestly, I can't figure this out. I wouldn't mind have 10 TB or so, but I haven't even filled up a 3 TB hard drive yet. Can you educate me on what you need that much space for?

Also, how the hell does a 21 year old like you afford this? Are you some sort of successful programmer?

You have hardly filled your array at all, at least from a percentage standpoint. Isn't this superfluous? What are you going to store with all that space?

Honestly, I can't figure this out. I wouldn't mind have 10 TB or so, but I haven't even filled up a 3 TB hard drive yet. Can you educate me on what you need that much space for?

Also, how the hell does a 21 year old like you afford this? Are you some sort of successful programmer?

I like storage and I needed to replace my old server. The reason for having 101TB is because I liked the sound of it.

So anyone who thinks it's silly is 100% correct.

My name is looney for a reason :P

Ps: successful programmer made me lol.

(I can't program for shit on pc)

I like storage and I needed to replace my old server. The reason for having 101TB is because I liked the sound of it.

So anyone who thinks it's silly is 100% correct.

My name is looney for a reason :P

Off Topic: The Mexican music on TeamSpeak is amazing.

On topic: This server space is for more music right?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Is there any better contest? ;)

No there isn't.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB