100TB+ Server build log (151TB to be precise)

looney

Receiving second shipment.

A few days after the first shipment I received this package in the mailbox:

IMG_0161%20(Custom).JPG
(It was actually delivered by a full sized lorry and it did not fit in the mailbox)

IMG_0168%20(Custom).JPG
The small box on top holds the HDD's CPU's SSD's and BBU
The big Supermicro box in the middle contained the Supermicro SuperServer 6027TR-DTRF

IMG_0176%20(Custom).JPG
The big box on the bottom contains the Supermicro SC847 E16-RJBOD1.
PS: The pallet is actually part of the box itself.

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

(It was actually delivered by a full sized lorry and it did not fit in the mailbox)

I think it would have got in easy. They didn't try hard enough. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Unboxing the small box with parts.

The first thing I did when I received the package was open the box on top that holds the HDD's CPU's SSD's and BBU.

IMG_0180%20(Custom).JPG

IMG_0184%20(Custom).JPG

IMG_0208%20(Custom).JPG

When I was done with opening this box the doorbell rang and I received this:

IMG_0486%20(Custom).JPG

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Unboxing thSupermicro SuperServer 6027TR-DTRF.

After opening the box with the small parts I continued with the Supermicro SuperServer 6027TR-DTRF:

IMG_0221%20(Custom).JPG

It came in a lovely double box.

IMG_0224%20(Custom).JPG

The 2 brown boxes on the side contained accessories such as the power cables and screws.

The 4 boxes in the middle contain the heat-sinks.

IMG_0228%20(Custom).JPG

After removing the small boxes the server was revealed with the rack rails on the side.

Here are some shots of the Supermicro SuperServer 6027TR-DTRF:

IMG_0229%20(Custom).JPG

IMG_0230%20(Custom).JPG

IMG_0231%20(Custom).JPG

IMG_0235%20(Custom).JPG

IMG_0236%20(Custom).JPG

IMG_0239%20(Custom).JPG

Unboxing the Supermicro SC847 E16-RJBOD1

Next up is the Supermicro SC847 E16-RJBOD1:

IMG_0241%20(Custom).JPGThis chassis was also double box and the brown box again holds the accessories like power-cables and screws.

Here are some shots of the Supermicro SC847 E16-RJBOD1
IMG_0246%20(Custom).JPG

IMG_0247%20(Custom).JPG

IMG_0248%20(Custom).JPG

IMG_0250%20(Custom).JPG

IMG_0263%20(Custom).JPG

IMG_0252%20(Custom).JPG

IMG_0256%20(Custom).JPG

IMG_0267%20(Custom).JPG

More to come tomorrow, pics of the building process of the JBOD will have to wait till mid February as I kinda forgot to take pics and I will have to open the server up again to take the pics which I will do when I take the server to a LAN in min Feb.

Great harware! Can't wait for more updates. Did you ever consider buying used servers (except for the harddrives) to save money?

Wow thats very awesome can't wait for the build.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Great harware! Can't wait for more updates. Did you ever consider buying used servers (except for the harddrives) to save money?

I used to always buy used servers.

For example my old ESX server was a DL160G6.

However before building this server I ran into some money and I always wanted to build a massive array with nice Supermicro gear hence the expensive new stuff. 

However before building this server I ran into some money.

Can your next tutorial be "How to run into some money". 

Unless it's a bank robbery tutorial.... In which case, maybe make a youtube video instead of just a write-up. 

CPU i5 4430 3Ghz | Ram: 16GB DDR3 1600 | GPU: GTX 650 Ti 1GB | Mobo: H87N-Wifi | Case: White Bitfenix Prodigy | Boot Drive: 120GB 840 Evo (Mac OS X) 120gb OCZ Vertex 3 (Windows) | Games Drive: 640GB WD Green | OS: Windows 8 & OS X 10.9.1

I love all technology. The perfection of macs for my designer side, and the hardware and fun of tinkering on the of the pc side. We can have it all, just not at the same time.

Hoh lee shi tuh! How many watts is this thing gonna suck? More than the greater LA metro area? This is amazing but I am holding @looney personally responsible for the death of the polar bears now  :P

my god man, this is insane! love it :P 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

• 1 month later...

its officail straight from the loon himself teh whole thing cost ~20k

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

its officail straight from the loon himself teh whole thing cost ~20k

Thats 5 times as much as my build and my car combined.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Thats 5 times as much as my build and my car combined.

9 times for moi

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

More to come tomorrow, pics of the building process of the JBOD will have to wait till mid February as I kinda forgot to take pics and I will have to open the server up again to take the pics which I will do when I take the server to a LAN in min Feb.

Tomorrow = In two months?

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Nice rack ! 

CPU : 4670k MOBO : MSI Z87 G45  RAM : 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz Graphics : MSI GTX660 OC Twin Frozr (Unfortunately) PSU :Corsair CX600M Storage : Crucial mx100 256GB, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm  OS : Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit 

• 4 weeks later...

You're almost at the point where even Valve Time is more accurate than you ;)

You're almost at the point where even Valve Time is more accurate than you ;)

*shots fired* xD

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III