Laptop help

Hi, I'm looking to buy a new laptop but since I only do desktops I have literally no idea where to start. I was hoping one of you guys could help me!

I googled & filled in a laptop questionnaire so you guys would know what to look for.

LAPTOP QUESTIONNAIRE

• Country of purchase: Netherlands

• Budget range: max ~1000 euros (can't be much more)

• Purpose (netbook, ultraportable, mainstream, gaming, desktop replacement, etc.): Gaming & graphics design machine

• Screen size preference: 1080p minimum, IPS panel much for high colour fidelity

• OS preference (Windows/ Mac/ Linux): windows

• Gaming requirements (example games and desired fps/settings): runs most modern games at medium-high @ 60fps

• Performance requirements (video, CAD, etc.): Adobe Illustrator

• Method of computer support (office supplier, college bookstore, self support):

• Brand preferences and reasons (already owned accessories, familiarity, business compatibility): none

• Any particular style that you like (examples are great):

• Which of the following qualities would you prefer? (Choose one, the other, or balanced)

• Long battery life -vs- Low weight: battery

• Build quality -vs- Low price: build quality

• Low noise/heat -vs- High performance: high performance

Would you pay a premium for something that has:

• High resolution screen: yes

• A great keyboard: yes

• A great touchpad/mouse buttons: nope

• Great audio: basic soundcard is acceptable

List any features that are critical: (e.g. Optical drive, USB 3.0, SD card slot, ethernet port, HDMI port, bluetooth, VGA port, removable battery, glossy screen, matte screen, etc.) USb 3.0 is a must, optical drive & sd card slot & glossy screen are preferred but not vital.

Thanks a bunch in advance <3

Long battery life vs low weight is a stupid comparison. Thinner machines usually get the best battery life, because they have ULV chips etc which draw like nothing for power.

Also, once you hit the good performance range you automatically lose battery life due to stronger parts.

Anyway, do you prefer buying from germany or the UK? I might have a machine that could suit you, though I don't think you'll get IPS on it. 

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Anyway, do you prefer buying from germany or the UK? I might have a machine that could suit you, though I don't think you'll get IPS on it. 

Thanks for the offer, but th IPS part is prety vital :)

Thanks for the offer, but th IPS part is prety vital :)

Then you're likely not going to find anything at your price point. IPS panels + decent GPUs + low budget is not going to work. Europeans pay a lot more for tech than the US. In the US you have enough money. In the UK and Europe you do not.

Here's a 15" with decent battery life and an IPS panel and an i7 and a decent GPU with some storage options... but as you can see the price doesn't start low. http://www.mysn.eu/shop/xmg-p505-gamingnotebook.html?___store=default&___from_store=default

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday