[IN] TVS-E BHARAT GOLD for 30$ a genuine cherry mx blue switch keyboard

Guys just wanted to let you know there is cheap mechanical keyboard sporting cherry MX blue switches.

These keyboard are for those who want to experience a mechanical keyboard and couldn't bear to overspend it

Probably the world's cheapest mechanical keyboard (costing around USD 30 at present exchange rates), TVS-e Bharat Gold is a Cherry MX Blue switch (the fact is not advertised on the website) 104-keys traditional keyboard. Indeed TVS-e is a brand that is popular in India, as a long-standing keyboard and peripherals manufacturer but is little known outside of our country. And the TVS-e Bharat Gold is the flagship keyboard of this company. The PS/2 variety of this keyboard is slightly cheaper and some people might prefer that version.

This keyboard looks traditional and feels solid. It is also much larger in size than the average membrane keyboard and a bit larger than some modern design mechanical keyboards. It feels solid in construction and is not of the smooth and shiny variety; rather, having a rough texture. The key-caps are well sculpted and feel fairly good while typing. After using a membrane keyboard, a mechanical keyboard is a true joy to use. Cherry MX Blue switches, in particular are both tactile and clicky, meaning that you get a nice, satisfying click noise when a key is actuated. There is no doubt that a mechanical keyboard is a real benefit for those who type long hours on the keyboard. Finger and wrist fatigue is noticeably reduced if not completely eliminated. This keyboard is meant for typists and programmers who require solid tactile feedback and a light, springy response. All in all this is a good, solid no-frills mechanical keyboard.

But having used it for a few months now, I have found a few keyswitches already not responding as well as when they were new. The original springiness and clickiness of the keyboard seems to be lost in some of the keys, in particular the comma and the F5 keys. Although not as clicky as before, it is still tactile, but a wee bit softer and stickier (which causes a few issues when typing quickly, either leading to a small delay in key return or causing duplicate presses occasionally). I am not sure what caused the issue, but removing and replacing the key-cap had no effect, so it is apparently an issue with the switch itself. I do keep the keyboard fairly clean and wipe the surface and the keys regularly with a soft tissue or earbud but I suspect that some grit or dust has settled internally in these keys. Another issue I found is that the printing on some of the key caps are also slightly fading already, but this is not such a big issue for somebody who touch types or at least types without needing to locate the keys visually.

Not having used any other mechanical keyboard up to now, overall, I have few complaints about this product barring the slight loss of springiness in a few keys. It's not a big deal, but it is noticeable and causes slight irritation when typing quickly and smoothly and you encounter these particular keys. The best part of this product is the price. It is a real bargain for mechanical keyboard fans in India, particularly because other mechanical keyboards are not really locally available, and shipping/taxes and the exchange rates make other mechanical keyboards quite a bit more expensive.

Not quite the perfect mechanical keyboard, perhaps, but it is good enough for regular rough use and the local warranty makes it preferable to purchasing keyboards from outside the country. I rate it 3.5/5, the loss of a few points being due to the stickiness issue with a couple of keys and the slight wearing off of some of the printed letters.

post-184224-0-82606400-1420912733.jpg

post-184224-0-87052800-1420912737.jpg

post-184224-0-07884200-1420912742.jpg

post-184224-0-93215100-1420913085_thumb.

post-184224-0-62389200-1420913142_thumb.

post-184224-0-40781200-1420913390_thumb.

post-184224-0-63406600-1420913356_thumb.

post-184224-0-51395300-1420913301_thumb.

post-184224-0-64819700-1420913246_thumb.

post-184224-0-36748200-1420913191_thumb.

post-184224-0-62389200-1420913142_thumb.

post-184224-0-14193000-1420912728_thumb.

That amount of cherry MX switches costs more than $30 so the ones in this keyboard are either fake or the company is losing a shit ton of money by selling this product.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

That amount of cherry MX switches costs more than $30 so the ones in this keyboard are either fake or the company is losing a shit ton of money by selling this product.

I agree.

Also, I'm not sure the switches shown in the photos are even the right shade of blue to be trustworthy.

Sig under construction.

I agree.

Also, I'm not sure the switches shown in the photos are even the right shade of blue to be trustworthy.

But by searching in google on cherry mx blue switches results in images of  different keyboards having different shades of blue.So which one is the correct shade?

And 30 $ cost is in India where the company belongs and sells. It will cost more for shipping outside India.

Please read the review given by users who purchase this product In Amazon. The link is provided in the post.

Please read the Review.

I should suggest this to my friend, sadly it's in India

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I personally think that out of india, the monoprice one is a better deal as it has genuine cherry switches and the shipping cost of the TVS will be more than 20 dollars, the price difference between TVS and monoprice

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

• 8 months later...

It is a genuine Cherry Blue keyboard. TVS Electronics has a tie up with ZF Inc. and they have a factory in Madurai, India to make this keyboard in India.

See link here:

http://www.zftvs.com/

I am the original author of the review linked above (harishankar.org).

In short, this is the real deal. Not fake cherry keys as suggested by some here. Although the build quality of the keyboard may not match other more expensive ones it is more than solid enough for normal use.

(TVS group are a respectable family of companies in India involved in different businesses)

Hope this helps. Indeed this keyboard is the cheapest cherry mx keyboard I could find.

Wow that's actually a good looking keyboard

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Oooh I might order one I need to keep getting moar keyboards xD 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Oooh I might order one I need to keep getting moar keyboards xD 

Buy one as a decoy for the cat to lay on

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015