SilverStone revealed RVZ02 and confirmed price and availability of FTZ01 in CES 2015

snowComet

Besides the CS series case, SilverStone also revealed the successor of RVZ01 case, the RVZ02, and confirmed the availability and price of another variant of the RVZ01, the FTZ01.

The RVZ02 is similar in structure with the RVZ01, house a long graphics card in a slim and compact case. The RVZ02 measures 350mm x 350mm x 80mm, just 9.8 litres in capacity, it is 30 per cent more compact than the RVZ01.

Made from reinforced plastic and steel, you can still install a slim ODD drive and two internal 2.5-inch drives ( hexus.net reported that you can externally mounted another 2.5" drive). And because of its slimness, the cpu cooler height is limited to only 60mm.

Similar to its precessor, it uses a riser card PCI-e extender to install the graphics card. But different from the RVZ01, the RVZ02 has clear windows on the side panels, which revealed the motherboard/cpu portion and graphics card portion of the case. Interestingly both panels are interchangeable. SFX power supply is still required for the new RVZ02.

FTZ01, on the other hand, is just a variant of the RVZ01, made from aluminium and has a natural white metallic finish. ( @Sonefiler posted a video from Tek Syndicate about this case back in Computex 2014, you can see it here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/167966-silverstone-releases-their-new-slim-case-ftz01/ )

The RVZ02 will be launched "sometime before Computex", and has a price tag of  "less than $85", while the FTZ01 will cost $129, and will be available later this month.

f6d75b63-f546-430b-b7cc-0056d7b91001.jpg

fb2f4dce862da1bee62f9456b87d8a12_XL.jpg

silverstone-ces-2.jpg

silverstone-ces-3.jpg

silverstone-ces-1.jpg

966126c9-4dce-45d9-9908-ff4be8c1eaf7.jpg

Video from Gamer Nexus

FTZ01

ces-2015-boitier-silverstone-fortres-ftz

ces-2015-boitier-silverstone-fortres-ftz

http://www.gamersnexus.net/news-pc/1773-silverstone-raven-rvz02-mitx-case-innovative

http://hexus.net/tech/news/chassis/79289-silverstone-shows-mini-itx-raven-rvz02-chassis/

http://www.cowcotland.com/news/45715/ces-2015-boitier-silverstone-fortres-ftz01.html (In French)

Product page of FTZ01

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=533&area=en

*update:

Youtube channel ThinkComputers post their video of the RVZ02 and FTZ01, with a brief comparsion between the 2 cases

The FTZ01 looks real pretty :)

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

@Thecrazyswede 

Still crossing my fingers for a tj08-2 (or whatever) with a side panel as a standard

How about the TJ08-E?

How about the TJ08-E?

wait... TJ08 and TJ08-E were different things?

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

wait... TJ08 and TJ08-E were different things?

I don't know, I don't know much about the original TJ08...

btw, SilverStone adapted the internal of TJ08-E, modified a bit, and used it on other cases, like the Kublai KL06

http://www.computerbase.de/2015-01/silverstone-neue-alte-kompaktgehaeuse-auf-der-ces-2015/%C2'> German)

I'd like the RVZ02 a lot more if it didn't have the windows. I would prefer for it to be all steel with holes cut in it. I feel like the windows look pretty ugly. Either way I'm super excited for it.

Goddamn it Silverstone, when will i get my Tj07 with modern features.

TJ11?

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

@Thecrazyswede 

Still crossing my fingers for a tj08-2 (or whatever) with a side panel as a standard

Might be cool, as i see it they are making stranger and more nieche cases which i really dont like at all.

TJ11?

Its bigger and have some difference, and TJ11 is a old design as well, what i really want is a smaller mATX version of it with tripple 120 mounts in the basement compartment. and a 240 or 360 in the roof.

Might be cool, as i see it they are making stranger and more nieche cases which i really dont like at all.

well, if making these niche cases doesn't affect the production, design, and cost of the "mainstream" cases, then I have no problem. 

However, currently it does seem like the more traditional cases are diminishing from Silverstone. 

Maybe Silverstone thought "oh, heck, there's all these other case manufacturers catering for the mainstream already, let's cater for the niche market, coz we're awesome and we can"

idk, I just hope Silverstone maintains their rep as a quality case manufacturer, even on low-end products

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

When will someone step up and make my dream dual-system case supporting anything in one side and supporting mini-ITX and Micro-ATX in the other?

I want my workstation and my NAS in the same large case with separate power buttons!

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

So.... what's the difference between the FTZ01 and the ML07?

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Goddamn it Silverstone, when will i get my Tj07 with modern features.

^^^^^

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

So.... what's the difference between the FTZ01 and the ML07?

Different panel material. RVZ01 and ML07's panels are made from reinforced plastic, while that of FTZ01 is made from aluminium...

Different panel material. RVZ01 and ML07's panels are made from reinforced plastic, while that of FTZ01 is made from aluminium...

Oooooh, looks like my planned purchase of the ml07 will change then.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Super thin chassis that are no more user friendly than something from the HP slimline of cases are not something worthy of praise. At least not for myself, spending a lot to be restricted seems like a step backwards.

FTZ01 looks really nice but also looks like it has less ventilation than the RVZ01, I wonder how much that will affect the cooling performance.

I like that the RVZ02 is more compact but it looks ugly.

I think it looks weird...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

silverstone needs to stop making new tiny cases, I want a real sussor to the ft02

Its all about those volumetric clouds

• 3 weeks later...

I'd just like a non-gamer version of the RVZ02. Closest internally we get to the steam box (best looking and designed SFX case IMO) but too gamer on the outside for me.

I am really looking forward to the RVZ02, I am seriously considering buying this case and buying the 600w sfx psu. It will be awesome to have a PC that seems so small yet contains a GTX 980. My only concern is the lack of case fans and reliance on the CPU cooler and GPU cooler alone. But I suppose that's the sacrifice you have to make for a console sized, powerful gaming rig.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

silverstone needs to stop making new tiny cases, I want a real sussor to the ft02

mITX seems to be aware of the industry is going. I actually quite like it. As cool as I think my custom water cooled pc looks (see my profile pic) it takes up a lot of room, and I would be happy for something like the ft03-mini and a single GPU.

This is my second PC which is an ITX system for gaming on the TV:

http://youtu.be/IgglX5XgzbY

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130