Anthrax 8.0 - Let's build it again!

TheProfosist
  • 2 months later...

Anthrax%208.0%20Header%20-%20Logs.png

Well guys lets get this thread popping again!

Recently the NEW PWM versions of the Noctua NF-A6x25 PWM being available through Newegg I had to snap them up for better control on my Sabertooth X99. With help from @Charger I was also able find the correct screws and hardware from the Corsair ram coolers so they would more stock but with the upgraded fans. This prompted a redesign of the modded coolers. With the Dominator Platinum this would not have been possible as their PCB's are too tall on their own, much less with the light bars on. This pics for this will follow soon as well as a proper update on the website. http://goo.gl/uhvvpK

Please remember to LinusTechTips%20-%20Follow%20This%20Topi to receive update notifications automatically!

hnnnnnnnggggggggg Can't wait man! I personally would mod the side panel to have a window to show off the hardware because on that case there's no side window T_T TO THE MODDING TABLE!!!

Ive been considering doing it but I want to keep the side panel fans should I would have to figure out a way to do that. I might just have it cut out to show the CPU area. I also have a pretty cool HDD cover that has the builds logo on. It might be cool to have just that cut out as well let me know what you think.

Psst Anyone here?

Looking great though!

Yea things have been a bit crazy and I really dont know how I plan to handle this build log anymore. I have a feeling it will just be a bunch of quick updates until I have time to go through at the end to round everything up. Doing proper build logs about major parts or design choices actually takes quite a bit to write up. Even if I do end up doing the full logs after the build is complete I have a feeling that people will still be interest especially with the intricacy I usually go into. What do you think?

I finally started to cut holes in my case the other night to be able to access the fill port on the rad. https://goo.gl/yPTngz

Sadly shortly after I started modding the case for the battery in my Dremel died I grabed the other one and it was worse off. >_> https://goo.gl/V7OGTN

At this rate I can only imagine what is going to come next as ive now been displaced from the room I normally build in :-[

Please remember to LinusTechTips%20-%20Follow%20This%20Topi to receive update notifications automatically!

I finally bit the bullet and am going to try and sleeve the additional PSU and fan extensions myself. I just placed a couple orders for everything that I should need to sleeve them. Ended up being 3 tools from MAINFrame Customs, paracord from ebay to match what's already been used on the PSU, and heatshrink from CableOptimizer.com. I do plan to sleeve these as well so illl have to make a stop at the local craft shop and hope they have the same stuff in stock again. https://goo.gl/jMih3D

Well I just updated all images in this thread to link to my server rather than Photobucket's. I was getting rather sick of the downtime and random errors their site has. Also with the amount of traffic my threads have (especially at certain times) I would fairly easily exceed their limit on bandwidth. Please let me know what you think. A 1024x768 thumbnail should be posted on inline. Then if you click on it you should be linked to a much higher resolution image that caps its size at 2MB but with minimal compression. I plan to eventually roll this out to other build log threads as well but only when I redo their layout based on how the layout of this one ends up.

Yea things have been a bit crazy and I really dont know how I plan to handle this build log anymore. I have a feeling it will just be a bunch of quick updates until I have time to go through at the end to round everything up. Doing proper build logs about major parts or design choices actually takes quite a bit to write up. Even if I do end up doing the full logs after the build is complete I have a feeling that people will still be interest especially with the intricacy I usually go into. What do you think?

I am slightly confused.. But I do understand how long it can take to write these logs, as it took me a while to write mine.

The sleeving will be interesting :)

I am slightly confused.. But I do understand how long it can take to write these logs, as it took me a while to write mine.

you dont understand that this build started like 2 years ago and has been upgraded more times then days it has ran in that 2 years lol

it had had case upgrade, 2 video card upgrades, mobo upgrade, cpu upgrade, ram upgrade, fan upgrades as well as ssd upgrades and has only ran 6 days

you dont understand that this build started like 2 years ago and has been upgraded more times then days it has ran in that 2 years lol

Two years ago?.... What?... This isn't a build log then... this is a basically a status update thread for his build lol.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Two years ago?.... What?... This isn't a build log then... this is a basically a status update thread for his build lol.

this is a spin off of his old thread that was "Started by TheProfosist, Sep 19 2013 10:51 PM"

it had had case upgrade, 2 video card upgrades, mobo upgrade, cpu upgrade, ram upgrade, fan upgrades as well as ssd upgrades and has only ran 6 days

And this is why I don't do build logs :D

What are you confused about? Maybe I can clarify for ya!

Yep lets see what I can do! I mean I can build keyboards and even rebuild the internals of a Chery MX switch I should be able to sleeve some cables, especially extensions.

Yep almost two years ago now... http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58121-anthrax-70-mostly-whoosh-with-a-bit-of-sploosh/

That's not true, but almost. The first upgrade was not planned and only lasted a couple days, thanks EVGA! Also there were two motherboard upgrades, a cooling upgrade not a fan upgrade (unless you count the ram coolers), two ssd upgrades, and a HDD upgrade. And it was five days, not six *cries* I probably forgot something I can imagine...

But the has never finished like I literally havnt had my desktop in nearly two years. I think I could properly name this the Build Saga once its complete :P

this is a spin off of his old thread that was "Started by TheProfosist, Sep 19 2013 10:51 PM"

inori_zirong_shiku_shiku.gif

Yea I have so many pics and logs that id never catch up when I switched it to 8.0. Decided to cut the fat. Maybe some day ill go back around and finish it up since I did run into so many things that need to be told (it was kinda crazy all the RMA's) and did end up doing some unique stuff.

Log Date: 2015.07.19

Sorry guys no update for today. I closed at work so no time to put into the build once I was back. I did however solve an issue that was plaguing a friend and I that center around Razer Synapse and the PC entirely locking up. At least now I can get Chibi PC back into full service as my "temporary desktop".

Log Date: 2015.07.20

Sorry guys no update for today. Once again I closed at work, consider this to be a theme. I did finally mange to help @Charger with something I've been promising to do for sometime. I also got @MyInnerFred setup on something. My on the build side of things. I got notifications that most if not all the stuff for the ram cooler modification and sleeving was shipped. Maybe I'll be able to get started by the end of the week.

Log Date: 2015.07.23

Sorry guys no update for today even though it was a day off. I had a doctor appointment and then spent most of the rest of the day gutting the room where I build and work on PCs. I relocated all of the stuff needed to build Anthrax 8.0 and some other projects while its happening. After that I did manage to get something done that a number of people have been asking for and that is a guide for madVR. @MyInnerFred is the one that triggered this but check it out if you get the chance http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/241957-an-enthusiasts-guide-to-mpc-hc-madvr/?p=5562955 . On another note the sleeving tools came from MAINFrame Customs as well as the paracord from eBay. Quick pics of those should be up soon. :P:D If there is anything you guys want me to cover specifically, especially in the final build log, let me know!

A number of things have come over the past couple days so expect an update today with a good number of pics. I imagine the next thing to actually get worked on will be the RAM Cooler rebuild.

Can't wait to see this. Still going Noctua theme?

Hell yea, Noctua FTW!

Hell yea, Noctua FTW!

Going to use any of the new LTT ones when they launch?

Going to use any of the new LTT ones when they launch?

Doesnt really fit my theme sadly but ill still probably buy at least two of them.

Log Date: 2015.07.27

No update today. I've been having an issue with my router, then I when to restart it and once restarted I could login. This caused me to spend about 4hrs to reset everything back up. There was also a 8pm meeting at work I forgot about so that cut into my time.

Yesterday though I got pictures of everything that came in recently so I'll have quick posts about that coming soon hopefully.

Tomorrow will be a loss because I'll be taking some great final photo's of ThePylon and then have to close at work. So I'll be a loss for this build. But I've committed to posting another that's actually done.

Log Date: 2015.08.01

Well im sorry to say expect probably 2-3 weeks now without a major update. So much stuff has been shoved on my plate once again it'll likely take that long to dig myself out with the number of hours I've been getting at work. Shits been crazy there too so I've been a bit stressed out and have gotten shit sleep for near a week. @Charger did get a new project from me though one that all of you Mechanical Keyboard lovers will definitely be interested in. ;)

• 4 months later...

Not really direly related to this build but I found some older photo's of Anthrax 5.0. I was my X79 build that replaced my i7-920 build that ran 3 years strait encoding with a rock solid 4GHz OC. After 3 years of that though it was a bit unstable.

Can anyone pick out or name some specific hardware in there?

Anthrax%205.0%20Complete%20In%20Use%20-%