custom watercooling - final decision

Go to solution Solved by airdeano,

i will going to loop both cpu and gpu since i have to do one of them anyways; gpu more importantly, will one 240mm rad will be ok to run evga gtx580 and i3-2100 at the same time? and yes 580 will be overclocked but not too much.

Also, would i be able to fit XSPC X20 Dc-750 water/res combo in 350D?

since the i3 wont be a major heat source, a 240x 30 would be fine, but be warned that

if you do upgrade to overclocking "k-series" that small rad will not be acceptable for

any amount of cooling. you'll deffo have to get bigger/more radiators.

yes that bay res will fit the 350D, but the DDC or D5 would be a better part to consider

due to 2 water blocks. the 750 will work (for a short time) but will labor (and more likely

fail) where as the DDC and D5 are made for multi-block use.

read these LINKY  LINKY

airdeano

so in my previous post "watercooling my 6850 toxic" i have learned many different things and i came up with final decision after several days of thinking and researching. 

first, i will going to upgrade my gpu to gtx 580.

second, i will going to change my case to either obsidian 350D or 200R with side window or define R4. 

i like both, but what im considering is that

1. I can make nice small water cooling system using 350D or 200R, but i have to give up the silence compared to R4. 

2. i can make ultimate silence water cooling system using R4 but the size is way bigger then 350D

which one do you guys prefer? 350D or R4? 

i have to think about this because my motherboard is matx.

Why a GTX 580?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Why a GTX 580?

i found one with pre-installed waterblock just for 250$

Okay.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Personally I would go for the 350D. eventhough I really like fractal and their cases I just think the 350D looks amazing, and a silencing kit is not that expansive to get, so you could just add some silencing foam-things and it would be closer to the R4 in that aspect.

On the other hand though, the R4 is in my opinion one of the smaller ATX cases, so its really not a bad choice either. But given you already have the mATX board, I would go for the 350D! :)

(Comming soon)

I have the R4, its quite a nice case but fitting a lot of gear in there can get a little tight.

Current Build : Fractal R4 -  i5 2500K OC 4.5 GHz - Kuhler 920 -  Asus P8Z77 V PRO - 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1866 - Asus DirectCuII 680 2gb - Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Main Drive - 2 tb WD Black Media drive

are you still considering just a GPU loop or have you decided to include the CPU?

if looking for CPU/GPU loop, still needing a 360x 60 or 2x 240x 60 radiators.

the R4 is pretty much the best case to house all of that.

mATX in ATX cases look incomplete and like they are missing something just

above the PSU.

if you'll wait a bit, the fractal arc mini V2 will be available and will fit with a window.

Fractal%20Design%20ARC%20Mini%20R2.jpg

airdeano

i will going to loop both cpu and gpu since i have to do one of them anyways; gpu more importantly, will one 240mm rad will be ok to run evga gtx580 and i3-2100 at the same time? and yes 580 will be overclocked but not too much.

since the i3 wont be a major heat source, a 240x 30 would be fine, but be warned that

if you do upgrade to overclocking "k-series" that small rad will not be acceptable for

yes that bay res will fit the 350D, but the DDC or D5 would be a better part to consider

due to 2 water blocks. the 750 will work (for a short time) but will labor (and more likely

read these LINKY  LINKY

airdeano

read these LINKY  LINKY

airdeano

1. MagiCool MC-Pump4P

2. MagiCool Pump Deep Quiet

3. Alphacool DC-LT Ceramic

4. Phobya DC12-400

out of these 4, give me a rank what you prefer

1. MagiCool MC-Pump4P

2. MagiCool Pump Deep Quiet

3. Alphacool DC-LT Ceramic

4. Phobya DC12-400

out of these 4, give me a rank what you prefer

honestly none..

1a. has a measure of 1.5m which is super weak in a dual block application

2a. pretty much the same as the XSPC 750 still has weak measure of 1.7m.

3a. noisy, inconsistent and now used in the CM Eisburg with several issues on noise

and delivery. i used two on their repack single bay and ripped it out after 20mins,

horrible.

4a. has a lot better head pressure @ 4m and is meah, spend the extra $20 on either

the DDC or D5 pump.

airdeano