Intel Compute Stick - PC on a stick with full size USB port - Runs Windows 8.1 - 149.99$

It's not "just 30 dollars".

The Nexus Player which also has a quad core Atom processor and a bunch of other stuff is only 99 dollars.

They both has their pros and cons but at the end of the day this one shouldn't be 50% more expensive.

True, fair enough.

But it is considerably larger. And we can't ignore the possibility that Google is selling it at a loss, in the hope to make it's money back from the Play Store.

Not mention that you need to get Windows on it, and Windows 8 Bing is not available to the public.

thats FUCKING awesome its so cute :3

notice how the HDMI plug is a little bent in the top picture? I bet they are SO easy to break

It's a feature. Or the angle.

@Jumper118 get them benched. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

You forgot to mention the Linux version with 8GB of storage, 1GB of RAM and $89 price tag.

You forgot to mention the Linux version with 8GB of storage, 1GB of RAM and $89 price tag.

Oh yes, you are right. I forgot that part.

I would pay $150 for a full computer that has Windows. It's not an unreasonable price at all. If I didn't already have computers connected to all 3 of my tvs.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

imagine a bunch of these connected to a WLAN and used as a personal render farm :D i realise just using one highend GPU would be cheaper for the performance, but dang, would i give style points to someone who did it :D

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

this + bluetooth kbm and my mom can do all her stuff on the tv while staying in bed, i want to buy one on april on my trip to europe for sure, this will make both of us life much easier :D

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

What so you want to put a 970 in a tv to run game stream???

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I didn't think you needed a 970 on the receiving end?

Travis

This would be perfect for Nvidia stream if it can run it.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/01/07/intel-compute-stick/?ncid=rss_truncated

already posted m8 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286376-intel-compute-stick-pc-on-a-stick-with-full-size-usb-port-runs-windows-81-14999/

also for steam in home streaming would be perfect instead of nvidia

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I want the Linux one. But why isn't it using the same specs as the Window stick?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I want the Linux one. But why isn't it using the same specs as the Window stick?

Intel explained that it was aiming educational institution on tight budget.

I don't think something stops you from buying the Windows one, and installing Linux based distro on.

The price would have probably been the same, as Windows 8 Bing is free. They put Linux, as Windows is obviously too large for the 8GB storage space on the 89$ one.

I don't want Windows 8.1 on my computer what makes Intel think I want it on my TV?

You'd rather try and use the tiny Start menu on a 50" TV?....

I somewhat get how people can complain about Windows 8.1 on a desktop, but preferring Win7 over it on a TV makes zero sense. Windows 8.1 is actually REALLY nice on a TV. 

I don't want Windows 8.1 on my computer what makes Intel think I want it on my TV?

Because it is a x86 platform. There's not much else to put on it that is as intuitive other than Linux which they also offer.

Because it is a x86 platform. There's not much else to put on it that is as intuitive other than Linux which they also offer.

Android will run on x86, you know

would you want android on your tv? 0.o

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

would you want android on your tv? 0.o

No and I wouldn't want a TV either.

I was just pointing out that the architecture isn't limiting in any way.

No and I wouldn't want a TV either.

I was just pointing out that the architecture isn't limiting in any way.

ok, in that point i do agree with you

wtf atom cpu = nope for me i want broadwell

Just wait will USB 3.1 with Broadwell Y on there Ummmmmmmmmmm 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

Key word being intuitive. The x86 platform has no limits in a software sense. Android on the other hand is extremely limited to what's available in the form of mobile apps.

Android on the other hand is extremely limited to what's available in the form of mobile apps.

Have you been to Google Play store?

I wouldn't call that 'extremely limted'.

You get web browsers, social media clients, video and music streaming services. I think I recently read about Microsoft Office improving the beta version for Android. What else are you going to use such a tiny device with so little storage and processing power for?