[CES 2015] AMD Freesync Monitors

bogus

And yet another battle between AMD and NVIDIA.

Not necessarily. Assuming Adaptive-Sync is comparable to G-Sync with little or no down-sides, then there's no technical reason that NVIDIA cannot adopt Adaptive-Sync compatibility and brand it under G-Sync.

It would have been an AMD vs NVIDIA battle if AMD had made Adaptive-Sync a completely closed platform. Granted, NVIDIA did push the envelope with G-Sync, and they deserve to recap their investments, but sooner or later I firmly believe NVIDIA will adopt Adaptive-Sync. It might take a few years though.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Not necessarily. Assuming Adaptive-Sync is comparable to G-Sync with little or no down-sides, then there's no technical reason that NVIDIA cannot adopt Adaptive-Sync compatibility and brand it under G-Sync.

It would have been an AMD vs NVIDIA battle if AMD had made Adaptive-Sync a completely closed platform. Granted, NVIDIA did push the envelope with G-Sync, and they deserve to recap their investments, but sooner or later I firmly believe NVIDIA will adopt Adaptive-Sync. It might take a few years though.

Dynamic refresh rates was just a matter of time, NVIDIA just pressured the time window... in maybe some months. Maybe one year at best IMO. The hardware on the GPU side was already ready for this feature for more then a year, who knows for how long there were talks in the backstages.

But yeah, in the great scheme of things, there is no war - in fact the amount of monitors announced for release, even from manufacturers who do not support Freesync directly, makes it pretty clear.