Corsair Unveils HG10 N780 Bracket (for NVIDIA cards)

:/ its not like i spendt a fucking hour making it...

/s

Yeah i edited that in once i realized what you meant guess you didnt catch it  :P Considering the way the bracket sits on that card im thinking it blows air straight down so its then going to hit the board and dissipate in all directions which in theory would get pretty decent airflow over those chips as well. If you compare a reference and non reference board though the position of the vrm modules doesnt really change much if at all most times, They just use higher quality chips and sometimes more of them in a tighter pack.

Yes, VRM placement is more than likely the same and I understand the function of the cooler itself. Which is not my concern. My question here is, in the spec list on the website it lists a few non-reference cards. Like the ACX Cooler from EVGA and the Windforce 3X cooler from Gigabyte. How is it possible that these fans are similar to the non-reference design fan? I had a Windforce 3X myself, I don't recall being able to remove one fan from it. The same with the ACX cooler. I'm pretty sure they are larger than the reference design fan. So either they are the same dimensions or there is something else going on for it to be compatible.

Yes, VRM placement is more than likely the same and I understand the function of the cooler itself. Which is not my concern. My question here is, in the spec list on the website it lists a few non-reference cards. Like the ACX Cooler from EVGA and the Windforce 3X cooler from Gigabyte. How is it possible that these fans are similar to the non-reference design fan? I had a Windforce 3X myself, I don't recall being able to remove one fan from it. The same with the ACX cooler. I'm pretty sure they are larger than the reference design fan. So either they are the same dimensions or there is something else going on for it to be compatible.

Ohhh i see what your meaning, That bracket has its own proprietary fan on it im pretty so your replacing that stock cooler 100% however it sounds like if you have a non reference card you need to somehow order that blower style fan as an add on. Maybe corsair sells them or something

I kinda wish a manufacture made a bracket for non-reference cards, but I can understand why they do. One design= one sku.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

• 4 months later...

Would this work for my GTX 690?  I see it's not in the compatibility list, but why wouldn't it?

I practice and study Buddhism, admire art, love cats, build computers and enjoy civil debate.

CORSAIR, Y U NO MAKE DIS FOR 970 STRIX?!

(don't care if it would be pointless, MOAR WATER COOLING)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

CORSAIR, Y U NO MAKE DIS FOR 970 STRIX?!

Cause what would be the benefit?

"Rawr XD"

it looks stupid but then so does NZXTs....id rather have air than that nothing looks better than a custom loop

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

i wish they inculded the blower fan

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

I'd like it better if it looked something like this

- snip of betterness-

Was thinking same thing. Or, just use a much better looking custom loop. Don't tell me about warranty because you're removing the heatsinks which voids the warranty. And also, anyone "hard core" enough to strip the heatsinks will already be using a custom loop. Don't see much of a market.

- snip-

Pretty sure the only way to get those is from Best Buy or from Overclockers.co.uk

I have a reference as well 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch