Corsair Unveils HG10 N780 Bracket (for NVIDIA cards)

HG10_N1_08.jpg

ad76.jpg

The Hydro Series HG10 N780 Edition GPU liquid cooling bracket allows users to adapt a Corsair Hydro Series liquid CPU cooler (not included) to an NVIDIA GeForce GPU. It's compatible with reference design NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770, GTX 780, GTX 780 Ti, Titan and Titan Black graphics cards, and installs quickly and easily, with only eight screws. The HG10 combined with a Corsair Hydro Series CPU liquid cooler can reduce the GPU's temperature by up to 45° C, and works with the GPU's automatic temperature control will lower the speed of its onboard fan for quieter operation. The HG10 bracket also helps cool the GPU's main processor and VRAM and VRMs, helping extend the life of the GPU and providing more overclocking headroom.

• Allows any Corsair Hydro Series CPU cooler to be attached to and cool NVIDIA GeForce GPUs
  • Compatible with reference NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770, GTX 780, GTX 780 Ti, Titan and Titan Black graphics cards. See corsair.com for a full compatibility list
  • Reduces GPU temperatures by up to 45° C
  • Allows most GPUs to automatically reduce stock fan speed for quieter operation
  • Cools the main GPU processor, VRAM, and VRMs
  • 2-year limited warranty
  • MSRP: $39.99

Additional Details:

Here is the fully compatibility list: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-series-hg10-n780-gpu-liquid-cooling-bracket

Apparently there are some non-reference designs that it works with.

Source: http://www.techpowerup.com/208654/corsair-debuts-hydro-series-h110i-gt-liquid-cpu-cooler-and-hg10-n780-bracket.html

Corsair first released their HG10 bracket for the R9 290 and 290X, now they are available for the 700 series cards including the Titan and Titan Black. Kind of unfortunate that it only works on a reference cards, also the design is a bit dated. I still expect more from Corsair. I'm also wondering why they are releasing this product at this point considering you will have difficulty obtaining a reference design of any 700 series cards considering they aren't really available and pretty much discontinued (besides maybe the Titan Black). I wonder if they will redesign the cooler to work with any NVIDIA specific cards (as opposed to just reference model 700 series cards). It puts them in a difficult position releasing this bracket for the 900 series, since basically only the 980 comes in a reference design and the great majority of 970's out there are non-reference designs. 

looks nice, am i gonna buy it? No

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

-snip-

I have a reference 970...  :(

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Looks nice, but my GTX 760 isn't compatible :(

/s

I have a reference 970...  :(

Why are you sad >??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Looks nice, but my GTX 760 isn't compatible :(

/s

Really watercooling a 760 why ???????

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Seems like a "cleaner" solution to the ones we've seen before. Hmm, if they manage to keep the whole board cool and not just the actual GPU then sure, why not.

Why cant they just make a little plate that goes on top of where the gpu block sits this just looks unfinised...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Really watercooling a 760 why ???????

/s

The Hydro Series HG10 N780 Edition GPU liquid cooling bracket allows users to adapt a Corsair Hydro Series liquid CPU cooler (not included) to an NVIDIA GeForce GPU. It's compatible with reference design NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770, GTX 780, GTX 780 Ti, Titan and Titan Black graphics cards, and installs quickly and easily, with only eight screws. The HG10 combined with a Corsair Hydro Series CPU liquid cooler can reduce the GPU's temperature by up to 45° C, and works with the GPU's automatic temperature control will lower the speed of its onboard fan for quieter operation. The HG10 bracket also helps cool the GPU's main processor and VRAM and VRMs, helping extend the life of the GPU and providing more overclocking headroom.

• Allows any Corsair Hydro Series CPU cooler to be attached to and cool NVIDIA GeForce GPUs
  • Compatible with reference NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770, GTX 780, GTX 780 Ti, Titan and Titan Black graphics cards. See corsair.com for a full compatibility list
  • Reduces GPU temperatures by up to 45° C
  • Allows most GPUs to automatically reduce stock fan speed for quieter operation
  • Cools the main GPU processor, VRAM, and VRMs
  • 2-year limited warranty
  • MSRP: $39.99

Source: http://www.techpowerup.com/208654/corsair-debuts-hydro-series-h110i-gt-liquid-cpu-cooler-and-hg10-n780-bracket.html

Corsair first released their HG10 bracket for the R9 290 and 290X, now they are available for the 700 series cards including the Titan and Titan Black. Kind of unfortunate that it only works on a reference cards, also the design is a bit dated. I still expect more from Corsair. I'm also wondering why they are releasing this product at this point considering you will have difficulty obtaining a reference design of any 700 series cards considering they aren't really available and pretty much discontinued (besides maybe the Titan Black). I wonder if they will redesign the cooler to work with any NVIDIA specific cards (as opposed to just reference model 700 series cards). It puts them in a difficult position releasing this bracket for the 900 series, since basically only the 980 comes in a reference design and the great majority of 970's out there are non-reference designs. 

When it comes to 970's yes they have non reference coolers but realistically speaking, Quite a few of those cards still have a reference pcb except for a few specific models meaning it could still work in theory

/s

Serious = /S ????? 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

When it comes to 970's yes they have non reference coolers but realistically speaking, Quite a few of those cards still have a reference pcb except for a few specific models meaning it could still work in theory

Well if you check the compatibility list here: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-series-hg10-n780-gpu-liquid-cooling-bracket

There are a few non-reference cards that it works with also, so I'm guessing as long as it is on a reference PCB it could be compatible. However, the fan they use is from a reference card (the one that cools the VRM's) so not exactly sure how that works. Which is why I noted it would be difficult to install this with a non-reference card because it uses the reference card's fan to cool the VRMs.

Kinda cool, but still wont really tempt me to spend that much.

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H440 Blue/Black Special Edition   CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.3GHz    Cpu Cooler: Cryorig H5

Graphics Card:  Gigabyte Windforce GTX 780ti OC 3GB Stock Clock 1020MHz Boost Clock 1085MHz   Motherboard:  Asus Z97-A ATX Motherboard

RAM: 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 1600MHz   Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda @ 7200rpm, 128GB SanDisk Ultra Plus SSD Audio: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Wireless Gaming Headset  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Why are you sad >??

Because I don't believe that they will release one for the 900-series

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Well if you check the compatibility list here: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-series-hg10-n780-gpu-liquid-cooling-bracket

There are a few non-reference cards that it works with also, so I'm guessing as long as it is on a reference PCB it could be compatible. However, the fan they use is from a reference card (the one that cools the VRM's) so not exactly sure how that works. Which is why I noted it would be difficult to install this with a non-reference card because it uses the reference card's fan to cool the VRMs.

The fan headers between reference and non reference pcb's are the same. I had a reference 780 side by side with my lightning editions when i was installing the water blocks. The headers dont change at all so the fan would most likely operate just fine.

Edit: yeah i just realized your accounting for airflow and slightly different vrm placement -.- considering the way the bracket sits on the card it looks like it could still work but maybe not perfectly

The fan headers between reference and non reference pcb's are the same. I had a reference 780 side by side with my lightning editions when i was installing the water blocks. The headers dont change at all so the fan would most likely operate just fine.

Not talking about the fan headers, but the fan itself. The design of the bracket is to use the reference fan to cool the VRMs. As you can see here:

ad76.jpg

The blower fan cover is designed to work with a blower fan, the fan typically found on a reference design card. The fan itself is not included, but carried over.

Not talking about the fan headers, but the fan itself. The design of the bracket is to use the reference fan to cool the VRMs. As you can see here:

The blower fan cover is designed to work with a blower fan, the fan typically found on a reference design card.

Yeah i edited that in once i realized what you meant guess you didnt catch it :P Considering the way the bracket sits on that card im thinking it blows air straight down so its then going to hit the board and dissipate in all directions which in theory would get pretty decent airflow over those chips as well. If you compare a reference and non reference board though the position of the vrm modules doesnt really change much if at all most times, They just use higher quality chips and sometimes more of them in a tighter pack.

Serious = /S ????? 

Oh. I thought it was sarcasm? :D

I'd like it better if it looked something like this 

M@d f0t0shop skyllz br0

Oh. I thought it was sarcasm? :D

Yeah I know just trolling.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

M@d f0t0shop skyllz br0

:/ its not like i spendt a fucking hour making it...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Why would they not make it capable of being fitted to the new graphics cards?

I want to water cool my 970, no real need to, but I want to.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs