The correct method to leaktest and commision a loop before use.

Why do you pull your kit out to leak test?

In all the years i have been watercooling,never have I removed kit to leak test to then reinstall it,are you so n00b as to strip everything out,reassemble,leak test then disassemble and replace? Why bother leak testing in the first place.....

That's what I heard to do, haven't water cooled yet, still waiting on my pump/res to arrive.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I really can't do this, allready went almost 100$ over budget

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Why do you pull your kit out to leak test?

In all the years i have been watercooling,never have I removed kit to leak test to then reinstall it,are you so n00b as to strip everything out,reassemble,leak test then disassemble and replace? Why bother leak testing in the first place.....

Just misinformation spreading this tbh, before I started watercooling there were a few sources saying to do this but my logic kicked in and told me, if it didn't leak outside the case then I had to take it apart, what would guarantee it would still be the same in the case. I must admit mate, the way you write your posts sometimes is a bit hard to read, it's like you constantly take things the wrong way... just saying, lighten up a bit x  ;)

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Just misinformation spreading this tbh, before I started watercooling there were a few sources saying to do this but my logic kicked in and told me, if it didn't leak outside the case then I had to take it apart, what would guarantee it would still be the same in the case. I must admit mate, the way you write your posts sometimes is a bit hard to read, it's like you constantly take things the wrong way... just saying, lighten up a bit x  ;)

I read his comment a little different to you obviously,no one recommends leak testing outside the case. Please link me to your source saying to do that?

What is the misinformation am i spreading here?

I post in a concise way with little embellishment,I was expecting him to have built a loop already. I forget there are new watercoolers sometimes......

Please explain the misinformation?

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

Just a question on this, even though a loop is tested by distilled water and max pump speed for over 24 hours.  That doesn't mean when I do this air leak test would result no air loss right?
I noticed the water-level of the res in my new build which has much larger volume of water decreases faster than it used to be.  Is it because I didn't seal it as well as I did before?  Or it could be just other variants.  

I read his comment a little different to you obviously,no one recommends leak testing outside the case. Please link me to your source saying to do that?

What is the misinformation am i spreading here?

I post in a concise way with little embellishment,I was expecting him to have built a loop already. I forget there are new watercoolers sometimes......

Please explain the misinformation?

Sigh... here you go again on the back foot all defensive, the misinformation I refer to is leak testing outside of the case then putting it in, it's bad advice/misinformation, what mis-info are you spreading? none. Chill lol, no pun intended!  :lol:

As for forgetting there are newbies like me when I took your posts the wrong way on OCN and another guy was giving me jip for wanting to get my facts straight before dumping non distilled water into my loop which cost me quite a pretty penny, sometimes you need to just think back to when you started out, how confused were you? It doesn't help when people who know so much more decide that they simply cannot stand a newb questioning them as I did in your thread over on OCN.

TlDr; You personally aren't spreading misinformation, however googling stuff comes up with loads of crap, secondly, stay humble, because you certainly don't come across that way from what i've read from forums (could be an excellent down to earth dude in person but on here... you don't seem that way) 

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

When you quote me then lead with 'Just misinformation spreading this tbh' then of course im going to think you are talking to me.

Be clearer with your posting and stop reading emotional content into a written word with no inflection. I am frank,confident in my abilities and to the point,dont confuse that with aggression or disdain. Imagine Apple's Siri doing the talking instead if that helps.

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

When you quote me then lead with 'Just misinformation spreading this tbh' then of course im going to think you are talking to me.

Be clearer with your posting and stop reading emotional content into a written word with no inflection. I am frank,confident in my abilities and to the point,dont confuse that with aggression or disdain. Imagine Apple's Siri doing the talking instead if that helps.

I didn't, I learned from OCN and that incident, however you must understand that written language does have a semiotic value to a viewer and can be interpreted a certain way. You write in such a way that leads people to believe you don't like people questioning you and so on.

Anyway, this thread is golden, and will try and grab myself a setup like this for leak testing.  :D

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Just misinformation spreading this tbh, before I started watercooling there were a few sources saying to do this but my logic kicked in and told me, if it didn't leak outside the case then I had to take it apart, what would guarantee it would still be the same in the case. I must admit mate, the way you write your posts sometimes is a bit hard to read, it's like you constantly take things the wrong way... just saying, lighten up a bit x ;)

This, when I was doing research, I saw info that said I should leak test outside case first. This really doesn't make sense tho. So now my loop is done, and I leak tested inside case, and it works. But I have sediment in res

This, when I was doing research, I saw info that said I should leak test outside case first. This really doesn't make sense tho. So now my loop is done, and I leak tested inside case, and it works. But I have sediment in res

Pull the rads,run a hot tap into them for 30 mins and replace.

Pull the res and wipe clean,the water soluble flux can mark acrylic if left to its own devices.

Pull the rads,run a hot tap into them for 30 mins and replace.

Pull the res and wipe clean,the water soluble flux can mark acrylic if left to its own devices.

Will it damage anything?

Ik it's from not properly flushing, but I don't want to change it unless it could damage something

I have no acrylic, res is glass.

Will it damage anything?

Ik it's from not properly flushing, but I don't want to change it unless it could damage something

Spwath, just change the distilled water please for the love of god lmao, you have bits of crap in a watercooling loop that shouldn't have anything but liquid for cooling.  :lol:

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Spwath, just change the distilled water please for the love of god lmao, you have bits of crap in a watercooling loop that shouldn't have anything but liquid for cooling. :lol:

It was just so hard to get everything in my tiny case

It was just so hard to get everything in my tiny case

Should of mounted some parts on the outside of the case then? Or bought a bigger case...  ;)

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Will it damage anything?

Aqualis?

Then there is a good chance that the center tube will be cosmetically damaged.

Its best just to drain and clean.

Aqualis?

Then there is a good chance that the center tube will be cosmetically damaged.

Its best just to drain and clean.

XsPc photon 170 res d5 pump combo.

But I assume the same applys, forgot center tube was acrylic.

I guess I'll just change the water this weekend. Don't want problems