[Build Log] Project Purple Horizon

easynator

Have you considered painting the rads white?

Yes I'll paint the radiator (either purple or white). I'll paint it once I've completed the loop. In my last build, I scratched the paint on one of the radiator when I was planning the loop and I don't want to make this mistake again.

BTW, for the previous pictures, one was taken with my room-light on, the other one with the lights off ;)

And here I am thinking there's LEDs inside the case. Well whatever you decide to paint the radiators, I'm sure it will look awesome.

Sorry, what I wanted to say is I'm using LEDs on the graphic card waterblock as well as on the pump mod kit. The difference between the two pictures was that one was taken with my ambient light on (window open) while the other was taken in the dark so you can see the difference between the two.

That looks amazing. I could only imagine how much fun it must be to build something like this.

Hope all goes well for you in the future build!

• 2 weeks later...

d205daab_b2.2.png

The tubing...

I have been quiet in the last few weeks since I was working on the tubing routing. My original idea didn't work as planned so I had to go back and forth to find out a solution. After several tries, I finally found what I was looking for. I contacted Parvum Systems to see if we could do and it looks like it's going to work.

Here is the exact quote from imersa@ParvumSystems.

hell it'll be so epic‏

Precision will be the key here since 1mm or 2mm off and the whole hard-tubing design will fail. Overall, we will mod this case from top to bottom. The new game plan is:

• First, I will need a new front panel without the power and USB holes;
  • Second, I'll need a new back panel with 2 pass through;
  • Third, we need to modify the mid wall. From the of the top motherboard to the top panel, we fold that part to the PSU chamber.‏ Thus, it will make a lot of room for the new custom reservoir and will "protect" the PSU against a leak;
  • Fourth, we create some kind of big reservoir that will sit on this new folded mid wall with at least 6 g1/4 holes‏. It will be as large as the inner case is and as tall as possible;
  • Fifth, we still do the custom bottom/floor panel;
  • Sixth, now we need to relocate the SSD and the power button. I don't think we will reinstall the USB to minimize the number of cable; and
  • Seventh, for the PSU panel, it will be cut the top part so we can see the new reservoir.
The good news is that I think it will look pretty good and will be different from the other builds. The bad news is that most of the fittings I ordered will not fit in this design (30+) so I need to re-order many of them (we are talking about 40+). The other bad news is that it's going to take a while to complete this build...

So, what do you think?

The photos

Layout E

[spoiler spoiler=Warning: Spoiler!]

b8c03872_Untitled-1.jpeg

560bc007_Untitled-2.jpeg

b276d0ff_Untitled-3.jpeg

918aaf62_Untitled-4.jpeg

ad3e4953_Untitled-5.jpeg

c93d1648_Untitled-6.jpeg

42561b89_Untitled-7.jpeg

83f39284_Untitled-8.jpeg

06b5d55c_Untitled-9.jpeg

41ced580_Untitled-10.jpeg

3c4d73e0_Untitled-11.jpeg

de635605_Untitled-12.jpeg

caa70be2_Untitled-13.jpeg

5d545553_Untitled-14.jpeg

e94c9fc9_Untitled-15.jpeg

2756f459_Untitled-16.1.jpeg

The bottom/floor panel will be similar to

3f3147b6_bottom.jpeg

First draft (not at the scale and a few mm off)

6ebde4cd_first_draft.jpeg

That is some serious planning!

I'm very curious to see how it'll work out!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

d205daab_b2.2.png

The render

I finally have something to show! It's been a while since my last update but we are getting there... The people at Parvum Systems are helping me (especially Justin/imersa) with the design and we are almost there for the first-try cut. We believe it will take at least 2 cuts to have everything aligned perfectly. Precision is the key here otherwise all my the tube-routing will look like, well, not-aligned ;)

Anyway, I've requested many modifications to the Parvum ITX "The Veer" case to fit what I had in mind.

The bottom panel

As you might remember, the main feature will be the bottom panel. This panel will be transparent and 30mm thick with eight G1/4" thread holes. These holes will be used for inlets and outlets for the different components of the build (front radiator, memory block, motherboard block and video card block).

The custom reservoir

We also created a custom reservoir that will be, I guess, be the second main feature of this build. It will be pretty big, in fact, it will be as large as the case. It will have two inlets and one outlet.

The panels impacted by the reservoir

This custom reservoir impacts a few panels of the case. It will be viewable from almost any angle of the case

• The mid-wall panel has been modified since I wanted to see the reservoir when I look at the motherboard
  • The top panel, for another view of the reservoir and the fill-port is also customized
  • The PSU chamber panel to see the other side of the reservoir is the final touch
The back panel

I'm also going to have a custom back panel in order to connect the loop to the reservoir. The back panel will therefore be 40mm thick structured with three layers (30mm for the lid, 5mm for the purple layer and another 5mm for the white panel).

Summary

So far, out of all panels shipped with this case (2 in the front, 2 in the back, the mid-wall, the top panel, the bottom panel, the right panel (the one with the full window) and the left panel (PSU chamber)), only the front-white panel will remain stock. Should I also modify that one? ;)

What do you think of the overall design?

The photos

These are the render we have so far.

06fb9696_untitled.124.1200.jpeg

3f0fb9bc_untitled.125.1200.jpeg

5880972d_untitled.150.1200.jpeg

1353e2c4_untitled.149.1200.jpeg

• 10 months later...

rainbow-puke.png

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

• 5 months later...

d205daab_b2.2.png

I'm back
I'm now ready to work on this project after a series of twists and turns. I still have a lot of things to do on that build but I'm getting there.

One thing I learned over the week-end is that I'm terrible with hard-tube bending. My previous build was using fittings and straight lines which is definitely much easier but more expensive... As for bending, I can do the easy ones, but it's a a complete disaster as soon as I need to do two 90° in row. 

What's next?
My objectives for this week is to:

• Finish all bending (6 routes to do);

• Order custom PSU cables;

• Install lighting on the pump and GPU;

Current situation of the build
Here is what the build look like as of today. What do you think?

awesome ITX build, and clean look. looking forward to see the final outcome :D Good luck!

I currently play PUBG, help me get chicken dinner xD