Big screen phone.0 features

Google bring us a nexus 5 2015 please

I hate the nexus line now

Edited by s3ns3

From what I've seen, it seems like the Nexus 6 uses an older version of Amoled and has some pretty bad burn in issues already.

Thank you for the review. I've been considering this phone over the note 4 for a wile now, but now I'm really unsure of what to get. I hear so many but negatives from both sides I'm glad to see you really pointing out some annoying stuff. I'm honestly not sure what to get consider they're both very expensive.  

Thank you for the review. I've been considering this phone over the note 4 for a wile now, but now I'm really unsure of what to get. I hear so many but negatives from both sides I'm glad to see you really pointing out some annoying stuff. I'm honestly not sure what to get consider they're both very expensive.  

If you are deciding between the Note 4 and Nexus 6 then for me it's a no brainer. The Note 4 has:

1) Better camera.

2) Much better screen.

3) Better battery life.

4) Removable battery and expandable storage.

5) Much more features (S Pen, finger print sensor and stuff like that).

The rest are pretty much the same between the two. The drawback is that you will have to wait for updates longer.

Personally I would wait until after February. We are really close to the Galaxy S 6, HTC M9 and other stuff being released.

It was mentioned in his video review that there better options at the $600+ price point. I'd like to know which ones. Because I'm due for an upgrade from my Galaxy S2.

It was mentioned in his video review that there better options at the $600+ price point. I'd like to know which ones. Because I'm due for an upgrade from my Galaxy S2.

Note 4 but you really should wait for CES and MWC to be over before ordering something.

LG has already announced the Flex2 with a Snapdragon 810 so you can expect the Galaxy S 6 and HTC M9 to have that as well.

January is pretty much the worst time to buy a smartphone in.

If you are deciding between the Note 4 and Nexus 6 then for me it's a no brainer. The Note 4 has:

1) Better camera.

2) Much better screen.

3) Better battery life.

The rest are pretty much the same between the two. The drawback is that you will have to wait for updates longer.

Personally I would wait until after February. We are really close to the Galaxy S 6, HTC M9 and other stuff being released.

Not everyone uses the s pen, not everyone likes touchwiz, the screen is marginally better only really better at odd viewing angles. Also battery life is barely better in my experience. The note camera is better but google will be opening the lollipop camera api so more feature rich cameras will be available soon.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Not everyone uses the s pen, not everyone likes touchwiz, the screen is marginally better only really better at odd viewing angles. Also battery life is barely better in my experience. The note camera is better but google will be opening the lollipop camera api so more feature rich cameras will be available soon.

the battery is a lot better on the note 4,mkbhd got a lot more on screen time on the note. and ofc thsi http://www.gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3

the s pen is a feature dude.a very usefull one. + the note 4 has lots more features that really takes advantage of the big high res screen.+ other usefull functions like the ir blaster,hearth rate sensor,fingerprint sensor , A SPLIT SCREEN mode for MULTITASKING since its a big phone,micro sd slot etc etc etc. its not even fair anymore

heck the lg g3 is a better option than the stupid nexus 6

omg i just remembered how much i hate the new nexus line.why google why such a big stupid phone??? 

Not everyone uses the s pen

And some do. Having the option to use it is better than not having it at all.

not everyone likes touchwiz

I agree. Forgot to add that in drawbacks (should have been "you're stuck with TouchWiz and will have to wait for updates longer"). It's mainly the launcher that's bad with TouchWiz though. Change that and most people will be fine with it.

You don't even need to root or change ROM to change it.

the screen is marginally better only really better at odd viewing angles.

No it's not just "marginally better". Much much higher maximum brightness. Almost double the brightness.

It is waaaaaaaaaaay too saturated. Color accuracy is also way of the charts. I really hope we get an analysis from DisplayMate on the screen so that we get some good numbers on how bad it is compared to the Note 4. There is a huge difference.

Also battery life is barely better in my experience.

Just barely better? The tests I have seen all show the Note 4 crushing the Nexus 6. I am talking several hours extra of screen on time.

The note camera is better but google will be opening the lollipop camera api so more feature rich cameras will be available soon.

Yes the new Camera2 APIs are great. Yes you will be able to change the terrible stock camera app to something decent. The APIs are already out, and people have released test apps to experiment with them. I recommend you download it if you got a Nexus 5 or 6 running Lollipop. The problem is though that the improved camera APIs will work on the Note 4 as well. So any improvement you get will be improved on the Note 4 as well and you end up in the same place as you were before.

The Note 4 doesn't have a better camera because of software. The sensor is better.

If you like the Nexus 6 then good! Other than not having TouchWiz, the Note 4 is objectively better though.

And some do. Having the option to use it is better than not having it at all.

I agree. Forgot to add that in drawbacks (should have been "you're stuck with TouchWiz and will have to wait for updates longer"). It's mainly the launcher that's bad with TouchWiz though. Change that and most people will be fine with it.

You don't even need to root or change ROM to change it.

No it's not just "marginally better". Much much higher maximum brightness. Almost double the brightness.

It is waaaaaaaaaaay too saturated. Color accuracy is also way of the charts. I really hope we get an analysis from DisplayMate on the screen so that we get some good numbers on how bad it is compared to the Note 4. There is a huge difference.

Just barely better? The tests I have seen all show the Note 4 crushing the Nexus 6. I am talking several hours extra of screen on time.

Yes the new Camera2 APIs are great. Yes you will be able to change the terrible stock camera app to something decent. The APIs are already out, and people have released test apps to experiment with them. I recommend you download it if you got a Nexus 5 or 6 running Lollipop. The problem is though that the improved camera APIs will work on the Note 4 as well. So any improvement you get will be improved on the Note 4 as well and you end up in the same place as you were before.

The Note 4 doesn't have a better camera because of software. The sensor is better.

If you like the Nexus 6 then good! Other than not having TouchWiz, the Note 4 is objectively better though.

I have used my Nexus 6 outdoors and the display is fine in direct sunlight, no complaints there. I don't like the over saturation and exaggeration of samsung displays so that comes down to personal preference really. The only complaint I have on the Nexus is the slight color shift. The Nexus display is more color neutral and real to life. You are being dishonest by calling it a Bad display, it's just the other side of the same coin.

As for battery, I know several people with note 4's and the battery life is maybe 45 minutes better over a 34 hour period, this is suspected to be due to Samsungs preexisting battery optimizations and Google's new battery saver Project Volta. It just needs ironed out and it will get ironed out very quickly.

The note 4's camera is better I will admit that and Google needs to work on the UI but as for the hardware and the results from my personal experience the Nexus 6 is no slouch in the camera department and takes fantastic photos!  

They are both great phones, The note 4 is the first samsung phone in a long time that I would even consider buying but Stock android and fast updates with better Rom support won me over. It's a big beautiful piece of hardware with room to grow in the software department. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

1) Better camera.

2) Much better screen.

3) Better battery life.

Yeah I do like the camera, and screen I just never knew if it was worth what people always complained about saying touchwizz has so much lag ect. I'm currently using Xperia Z1s which I've really wanted to get rid of for a wile, but couldn't choose. If it's worth waiting some more then I suppose I could.

Thank you much for your advice :D

The amount of "Linus sounds like a whiny bitch" and "My Nexus 6 is just fine, I don't know what you are talking about" is absolutely ridiculous in the comments.  All of his complaints were legitimate problems with this device.  And I have to agree with him, Lollipop is a disaster, alot of the "changes" were just to make things more "Material Design" while sometimes taking away features.  KK was already great, don't see why material design had to happen.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

The amount of "Linus sounds like a whiny bitch" and "My Nexus 6 is just fine, I don't know what you are talking about" is absolutely ridiculous in the comments. All of his complaints were legitimate problems with this device. And I have to agree with him, Lollipop is a disaster, alot of the "changes" were just to make things more "Material Design" while sometimes taking away features. KK was already great, don't see why material design had to happen.

So people having intelligent discussion about the topic at hand is absolutely ridiculous?

No one is complaining, we're having discussion.

Hail Sithis!

So people having intelligent discussion about the topic at hand is absolutely ridiculous?

No one is complaining, we're having discussion.

Starting a discussion by saying "Linus is a whiny bitch" isn't a discussion, a discussion would be as a simple as saying "I disagree because...", there was still plenty of that going on, but Google in their holy wisdom has decided that the first two things you see is along the lines "Linus is a whiny bitch".  I'll admit that people who have a Nexus 6 and disagree is alright, I was being a bit hot-headed there.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

• 3 weeks later...

Where can I see some test footage and photos? Also I tweeted linus last night and he said he use the spectrum aura's camera in the review but I didn't see them anywhere did any one you?