Best value mice during sales?

MaxBunny

I'm using an MX518 atm but I recognize that it's getting older and beaten down a bit. It could be smoother anyway. When it does go, if it does even though it might live forever, I'd like to have some backup ideas. I was considering the g400s but they've just been price hiking that. Used to be $40 regularly and I was waiting for a further sale on it. Now a sale price might be $45+. If something is higher than the lowest I've seen it I can't buy it on principle. :(

So what are some good wired ones to look out for when they get discounted? Like 30-50%+ off that isn't Razer or Corsair. I can survive until Black Friday, Christmas, or any good sales in between. As long as I save money there's no rush. B)

G402? G400s had something wrong with it if I remember correctly.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I like my SteelSeries Sensei Raw. It's a little more than that but goes on sale sometimes.

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K @ 4.5GHz  |  Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO  |  Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty FM2A88X+ Killer

GPU: Asus R9 280X  |  PSU: Corsair HX850  |  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB  |  HDD: Seagate 1TB 7200rpm  |  CASE: Fractal Design R4 Blackout

Logitech G402, G502, G400s, Zowie EC1 Evo. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I suggest either the G402 or the G502 if you can afford the I think $20 more for the G502, When I got my G502 it was the same price as the G402 at bestbuy, So I bought it on an impulse, and it is great. If you have not seen the videos Luke and Linus have done about the G402 and G502, I suggest giving then a watch, to help you decide which is better, if you want one of them.

G402 By Luke:

G502 By Linus:

Hope It helps!

G400s has mouse acceleration issues.

G402 is a pretty solid mouse.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

G400s has mouse acceleration issues.

G402 is a pretty solid mouse.

The G500 had acceleration issues, while I believe the G400/S was fine.

[witty signature]

The G500 had acceleration issues, while I believe the G400/S was fine.

Regular G400 is fine so far as I know. My mom uses one (for web browsing durr)

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Regular G400 is fine so far as I know. My mom uses one (for web browsing durr)

I had my entire family use my G500 for a while, they all hated it. xD

[witty signature]

I'll definitely keep an eye out for the g402 and g502 as top options. Is there anything else notable? Thermaltake seems to focus more on design than technologies from what I can tell, which seems unfortunate.

I like my SteelSeries Sensei Raw. It's a little more than that but goes on sale sometimes.

Not sure about the Sensei Series. The Rival seems alright though. ^_^

Logitech G402, G502, G400s, Zowie EC1 Evo. 

You're the first person I've seen to recommend a Zowie. Who are they exactly? Their website doesn't seem to have any information on them.

I suggest either the G402 or the G502 if you can afford the I think $20 more for the G502, When I got my G502 it was the same price as the G402 at bestbuy, So I bought it on an impulse, and it is great.

Oh, and before I don't ask - is the scroll wheel on the g502 really uncomfortable or do you not mind it? The video says it would need a covering or something.

You're the first person I've seen to recommend a Zowie. Who are they exactly? Their website doesn't seem to have any information on them.

Rival is good.

Zowie is good, they make hardcore mice, no software, no acceleration, no nothing, just plain good mice. Especially FK1, FK2. But also pretty expensive since they are so plain.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Rival is good.

Zowie is good, they make hardcore mice, no software, no acceleration, no nothing, just plain good mice. Especially FK1, FK2. But also pretty expensive since they are so plain.

They don't seem to be particularly expensive. Just that they lack design elements and apparently have some scrolling flaw in them. Kind of a shame if they really did mess up the scrolling since they're otherwise pretty decent. And with a company like that I wouldn't be able to trust any support team or RMA like I could with Logitech or Steelseries. :unsure:

Thanks for mentioning them though. ^_^

I'll definitely keep an eye out for the g402 and g502 as top options. Is there anything else notable? Thermaltake seems to focus more on design than technologies from what I can tell, which seems unfortunate.

Oh, and before I don't ask - is the scroll wheel on the g502 really uncomfortable or do you not mind it? The video says it would need a covering or something.

Zowie mice are literally the most simple and down to earth mice you can buy. They come with no drivers, three DPI/CPI settings, 450dpi, 1150dpi and 2300dpi, and are built for pro gamers. 

The one gripe that I have is that they are not all too good at extremely low sensitivity like I have. For example, in all first person shooters, it takes me an entire 450mm wide mouse pad to do a 180, and I have found that their sensors are easy to cap out, causing the aim on screen to jerk up, down or just stop all together. Whereas, after 4 months of using the Logitech G402, I haven't noticed any of that and it's still able to keep up with fast, low sensitivity movements. 

After trying two Zowie mice and many others, including Deathadders and old Logitech G400's, and now using the G402, I have only come to the conclusion that Logitech is the best. :D

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I like the scroll wheel, it isnt heavy for me, i think it was just the grip linus used on the mouse and how he holds his hands on the scroll wheel. Not sure, it doesnt bother me at all, I really like how heavy the scroll is. I definentally reccomend the G502.

• 4 weeks later...

So the G402 is really comfortable. The only flaw is the thumb buttons being a hard and weird shaped plastic. I press with the middle of my thumb but they seem designed with having your thumb always unbent on the side. Just out of curiosity, is there any type of rubber overlay that you can add to a button or 3? Or a DIY?

Currently I'm rocking a high end gaming grade laser mouse, as pictured below!

94338_l.jpg

That's right, it's the Logitech LS1 Corded Laser Mouse!

Such quality, much gaming, most power, mega accuracy.

But seriously, I got this mouse included for free with my Logitech G710+ Mechanical Keyboard and although it's just an inexpensive $8-$15 CAD mouse, it gets the job done for productivity and my light gaming when time permits. By no means is it comfortable, nor is it that big to grip in your hand, but for free (or even if bought on sale for $8) it does what a mouse is supposed to. Plus, it has 3 middle click buttons: middle, middle-left, and middle-right. All of which are programmable.

Could I use something better like say the Logitech G700s or the famed Logitech MX518 mouse? Sure.

Do I actually have enough time to game competatively to justify purchasing such a mouse? Not a chance.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

SS rival and the videogame branded Deathadders (ncix had a world of tanks Deathadder on sale for 39$, dunno if it still is) go on sale quite often and both are great mice