Should I get a Wii U?

Stigs

As the title says, should I get a Wii U?  I currently have an Xbox 360, a PS2, N64, Retrobit NES, and an Atari.  I mostly play on my PC though. I use the 360 for CoD with friends, kinect games with the family, and Netflix. The PS2 is old, but I use it from time to time.  The N64 is to play mario 64, mario kart 64, smash brothers (original), and duke nukem and games like that. I have 3 games for the retrobit and the atari is my mother's.

Anyway, my question is: is a Wii U worth it? I like mario games and smash brothers and stuff like that, but I also like other games.  I'm going to be going off to college this fall, and bringing my gaming PC is not really an option...at least not right away.  I was thinking of getting a PS4 or Xbone to bring with me, but then again, I'm getting a laptop and could play games on that.  Anyway, a Wii U would be a cool system to play with friends for party games and stuff, but is it really a good console otherwise? Is it worth the $300, plus $60 per game?

Thanks for the help.

Wii U is a brilliant console for party games and such, so if you're going to be having a load of friends over that will want to play SmashBros, MarioKart etc. then yeah, it's worth it. 

Maybe buy a second hand one to save a bit of money. 

If you enjoy nintendo games, and especially if you play them with friends, hell yeah it's worth it. Certainly more worth 300$ + 60$ per game than than a ps4 is worth 400$ + 70$ per game + 50$ yearly sub fee.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

WII U actually had some very good exclusives and a very strong year.

With that said.

I wouldn't bother, you won't have much time between drinking and studying.

Source:

Goes to university

As the title says, should I get a Wii U?  I currently have an Xbox 360, a PS2, N64, Retrobit NES, and an Atari.  I mostly play on my PC though. I use the 360 for CoD with friends, kinect games with the family, and Netflix. The PS2 is old, but I use it from time to time.  The N64 is to play mario 64, mario kart 64, smash brothers (original), and duke nukem and games like that. I have 3 games for the retrobit and the atari is my mother's.

Anyway, my question is: is a Wii U worth it? I like mario games and smash brothers and stuff like that, but I also like other games.  I'm going to be going off to college this fall, and bringing my gaming PC is not really an option...at least not right away.  I was thinking of getting a PS4 or Xbone to bring with me, but then again, I'm getting a laptop and could play games on that.  Anyway, a Wii U would be a cool system to play with friends for party games and stuff, but is it really a good console otherwise? Is it worth the $300, plus $60 per game?

Thanks for the help.

In my opinion, I really think the WiiU is a great console, It may not be the best "High End" graphics like PS4 or XBOX ONE, but the games still look amazing ,in my opinion! If you like Smash Bros and Mario Kart (Mario kart is my favourite) you will love it on WiiU as well. People often say that the screen in the controller is kind of gimmicky, but I would have to disagree. I really enjoy everything about the WiiU. And Gotta love free online! 

TBH I'd just build a cheapo really compact PC and use that. With something like a R7 260x you can run all games at 1080p, if you have to go to med/low settings, then be it.

But I do enjoy Nintendo games and the 3DS works for me perfectly, maybe the Wii U has what interests you.

With that said.

Source:

Goes to university

Why would you drink?!? It tastes terrible and prevents you from doing work well...

TBH I'd just build a cheapo really compact PC and use that. With something like a R7 260x you can run all games at 1080p, if you have to go to med/low settings, then be it.

But I do enjoy Nintendo games and the 3DS works for me perfectly, maybe the Wii U has what interests you.

He already has a pc better than that...

Yeah, Mario had a great PC port

/s

Wii U is a brilliant console for party games and such, so if you're going to be having a load of friends over that will want to play SmashBros, MarioKart etc. then yeah, it's worth it. 

Maybe buy a second hand one to save a bit of money. 

That's what I was thinking (the second hand part)

/s

He already has a pc better than that...

I know but i was talking about the fact not all campus are that friendly with expensive components, or even things that look expensive. If he can't make up his mind about moving the big ol' gaming PC for this reasons, maybe building a very thin an compact system not much bigger than a Xbox1/PS4 can be with him since day one, allow him to game on a tv with a controller as well as getting things done in the desk.

If Nintendo games are really important to him, then a Wii U looks like a very solid choice, I don't own one but friends do, and overall I can agree with it as a gaming system. I do own a 3ds and it's fun to be able to play its games everywhere.

If you enjoy nintendo games, and especially if you play them with friends, hell yeah it's worth it. Certainly more worth 300$ + 60$ per game than than a ps4 is worth 400$ + 70$ per game + 50$ yearly sub fee.

yeah...that's the thing. I'm so used to free internet (in terms of no need for a PSN/xbox live payment service) for PC that a Wii U might be a great option.

With that said.

Source:

Goes to university

US drinking age is 21...I won't turn 21 until my 4-5 year of school (might do a 5 year extend program for masters or 5 year program with internships).

In my opinion no. Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of Mario, Zelda and some other Nintendo games like Smash Bros. but the WiiU is a pretty disappointing console. If Nintendo would make a serious piece of hardware that developers actually wanted to put good games on then yea I could see someone dropping 300$ on one but sadly there's only a handful of games I would even consider playing and the cost isn't worth it.

Why would you drink?!? It tastes terrible and prevents you from doing work well...

This is why I've never had a drink (alcoholic I mean)...also cause I'm underage....

/s

what?

This is why I've never had a drink (alcoholic I mean)...also cause I'm underage....

I'm 14 and have had a little alcohol. Champagne is terrible, at least what I tried. The only thing decent was communion wine (at church) which only had a tiny bit of alcohol.

You should get Wiid...

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Lol, not at the same time!  Well, I say that, I've seen some interesting tactics

I still think the Nintendo line is the best console for having people with you IRL to play with vs something like online multiplayer.

Drinking is literally like 80% of what college/university students do.

In my opinion no. Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of Mario, Zelda and some other Nintendo games like Smash Bros. but the WiiU is a pretty disappointing console.  If Nintendo would make a serious piece of hardware that developers actually wanted to put good games on then yea I could see someone dropping 300$ on one but sadly there's only a handful of games I would even consider playing and the cost isn't worth it.

So basically other than the small handful of games like Super Mario 3D World, Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2, Wind Waker HD, Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, New SMB, Donkey Kong Country, Captain Toad, The Wonderful 101 as well as smaller titles like Shovel Knight, Child of Light, Steamworld Dig, 1001 Spikes, Mighty Switch Force, Pushmo, Nintendo Land, NES Remix and games on the horizon like the New Zelda, Starfox, Xenoblade and Splatoon there just really isn't any content for the platform. Clearly people who buy into it are kidding themselves.... ;)

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

• 2 weeks later...

yeah...that's the thing. I'm so used to free internet (in terms of no need for a PSN/xbox live payment service) for PC that a Wii U might be a great option.

Just to get something straight, the PSN is free to use, you don't need to pay a subscription fee nor buy cards like Xbox Live. There is a PS Plus subscription service which gives you some advantages (online save files, discounted and free games, etc) but it is not required to use the Playstation Network. You can play online, browse the store, and use some PS special apps (PS Home and some others) for free. As far as I know, Xbox is the only console with mandatory subscription fee for online playing.

BTW, I'm also thinking about getting a Wii U for the new Legend of Zelda and the new Metroid (if there is one for this gen).  :D