Surface Pro 3 Games

tndrfoot

Received a SP3 i7 for Xmas and after some brief research online, I noticed a lot of complaints about throttling... Anyone know what FPS or RPG's will actually be playable on this machine?

Some old school RPGs like Fallout 1 & 2, and Diablo II should run with little problem. 

I have also had a good time playing Warcraft III and Starcraft on my Surface.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Team Fortress 2 should run fine, especially if you turn down the settings.

Older Call of Duty games should be fine...

RPGs...no clue - most things should run fine on low-medium I'd think.

Sig under construction.

Diablo III would be a stretch U think?

I know people have been able to play it on Macbook Airs with the Intel HD 5000 graphics. So graphical horse power shouldn't be a problem.

Whether or not it will cause throtteling I don't know. I can download Diablo III later today, and try it out.

Thanks, would be awesome to know before I drop the $$$ and find out I can only play it on my pc at home.

MOBAs like league and dota, older need for speed games, older bioshock games, mainly classics form 2-3 years back and older.

Torchlight 2 will run ok

Postal 2

Portal 1/2

Garry's Mod

CPU - i3 4130 - 3.4GHz - Stock Cooling

GPU - Palit 750GTX 2GB (Single Fan)

MB   - ASRock H81M-DGS R2

Thanks, would be awesome to know before I drop the $$$ and find out I can only play it on my pc at home.

So, I have played Diablo III for the last hour and a half. No throtteling happened.

It's actually quite functional with the stylish pen, but not as good as a mouse and keyboard.

You could also easily play some of the older FPS games, like Doom, Rise of the Triads, Quake etc.

Just FYI: If you want to talk to someone, quote the post you're respondning to. That way they'll get a notification, and you will get a faster response.

K, (Volbet)  I did quote you on the last post and again in this post but doesn't seem to be working for me...? Either way, sorry if it doesn't work and thank you for the help! I will give Diablo III a try.

I Have a laptop with an Intel HD 3000 GPU, I've got a bunch of games that work reasonably well;

• Source games (HL2/Portal 1 and 2/TF2)
  • Cube 2 : Sauerbraten or Quake Live (Free Arena FPS)
  • Hammerwatch
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Battlefront II
  • Psychonauts
  • Shovel Knight
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • Gunpoint
  • Torchlight 2 (TL1 is even faster, could be worth a look too)
  • Etc Etc..

There's plenty of small games that'll run, it should run the majority* of suggestions over at reddit.com/r/lowendgaming The sidebar is especially helpful.

You can also checkout Good Old Games. There's tonnes of older games to look through.

*You should still check the system requirements for a game if you are unsure. I find Game-Debate helpful. Also look up videos to see what it'll be like, Eg. "[Your GPU] Fallout New Vegas"

Intel Celeron 2.4Ghz - 16GB DDR4 RAM - 980 ti

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

League of Legends, Star Wars: The Old Republic and Halo: Spartan Strike works fine.. 

Received a SP3 i7 for Xmas and after some brief research online, I noticed a lot of complaints about throttling... Anyone know what FPS or RPG's will actually be playable on this machine?

League of legends simple

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

• 1 month later...

I play a lot of civilization V on my Surface Pro 2, you should try civ beyond earth.