Corsair K65 RGB (MX Reds) - Review

Guest Kloaked
Go to solution Solved by ThyFeared,

Great review :D

What is your opinion on the logo? Stupid question, i know.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I don't like it. I'm beginning to just not like logos on anything I own because they're almost always poorly placed and if you don't like them, sometimes you can't do anything about it.

I don't like it. I'm beginning to just not like logos on anything I own because they're almost always poorly placed and if you don't like them, sometimes you can't do anything about it.

Really? Because honestly, I like it better than the old one. But Linus had a fix for it: pry it off.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

You sir, made me laugh so hard. Was scrolling down to see some good questions about the keyboard, and the first one was this. I love you.

To OP, I am planning to go for a K70 but I kinda have the same dilemma you have/had. Red or brown switches, sadly enough... the shops here don't open boxes to let you try them, nor do they have testbenches whatsoever.

But seeing your reaction, if you're a fast typer, I shouldn't bother going for the browns or did I misinterpreted that?

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Really? Because honestly, I like it better than the old one. But Linus had a fix for it: pry it off.

That's fine. I just don't like those types of logos anymore. I'm even growing tired of Razer's logo even though I swear by the Naga.

But seeing your reaction, if you're a fast typer, I shouldn't bother going for the browns or did I misinterpreted that?

It really depends on if you're willing to get used to how sensitive the keys are. You'll have to be more precise with your keystrokes because if you glide your fingers over a key and it presses it a little, the key will actuate; they're linear switches so they don't have to be pressed as far as other switch types for the key to register.

But yes, they feel the same to me as Blues and Browns do if I type at my normal speed. I typed on my MX Blue keyboard next to this one and I realized the tactile bump isn't all that present and noticeable in comparison when I'm typing as fast and hard as I do. Like, I'm 100% sure if I typed this fast and hard on both keyboards while blindfolded and with headphones on with music blasting, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

To OP, I am planning to go for a K70 but I kinda have the same dilemma you have/had. Red or brown switches, sadly enough... the shops here don't open boxes to let you try them, nor do they have testbenches whatsoever.

Browns all the way.

But really try to find somewhere to try it yourself if you can.

CPU: i7-4790K --- HEATSINK: NZXT Kraken X61 --- MOBO: Asus Z97-A --- GPU: GTX 970 Strix --- RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG --- SSD: 512GB MX100 | 256GB BX200 HDD: 1TB WD Black --- PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 --- CASE: NZXT H440 --- DISPLAY3 x Dell U2414H --- KEYBOARD: Pok3r (Clears) --- MOUSE: Logitech G Pro --- OS: Windows 10

Browns all the way.

But really try to find somewhere to try it yourself if you can.

Fry's usually have keyboards on display to try out.

You sir, made me laugh so hard. Was scrolling down to see some good questions about the keyboard, and the first one was this. I love you.

The things I do for the community. Make them go into a full fit of laughter.

I was going to get the RGB K65, but insted went for the Vengeance K65 (MX Reds, because I like linear) (No backlight) so I can spend the money I saved on an Asus ROG Gladius mouse, Both are really good so far!

Good review BTW!