There will be no high end Steamroller CPUs from AMD.

That does not show what replaces the 8-core Vishera.  "There will be no 8-core enthusiast AMD CPUs in 2013" would be a more accurate title.

Ehm, Ivy Bridge-E is coming this september.

Swedish Article: http://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/17203-intel-ivy-bridge-e-lanseras-i-september

That article was posted the same day, im good at keeping up but im not that good :-D.

wonder if theyre using flux or tim on the E chips, theyve had long enough to sort it, maybe ill be able to get a cheap sb-e part now (second hand) :P

Falcon: Corsair 750D 8320at4.6ghz 1.3v | 4GB MSI Gaming R9-290 @1000/1250 | 2x8GB 2400mhz Kingston HyperX Beast | Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula | Antec H620 | Corsair RM750w | Crucial M500 240GB, Toshiba 2TB, DarkThemeMasterRace, my G3258 has an upgrade path, my fx8320 doesn't need one...total cost £840=cpu£105, board£65, ram£105, Cooler £20, GPU£200, PSU£88, SSD£75, HDD£57, case£125.

CASE:-NZXT S340 Black, CPU:-FX8120 @4.2Ghz, COOLER:-CM Hyper 212 EVO, BOARD:-MSI 970 Gaming, RAM:-2x4gb 2400mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro, GPU: SLI EVGA GTX480's @700/1000, PSU:-Corsair CX600m, HDD:-WD green 160GB+2TB toshiba
CASE:-(probably) Cooltek U1, CPU:-G3258 @4.5ghx, COOLER:-stock(soon "MSI Dragon" AiO likely), BOARD:-MSI z87i ITX Gaming, RAM:-1x4gb 1333mhz Patriot, GPU: Asus DCU2 r9-270 OC@1000/1500mem, PSU:-Sweex 350w.., HDD:-WD Caviar Blue 640GB
CASE:-TBD, CPU:-Core2Quad QX9650 @4Ghz, COOLER:-OCZ 92mm tower thing, BOARD:-MSI p43-c51, RAM:-4x1GB 800mhz Corsair XMS2, GPU: Zotac GTX460se @800/1000, PSU:-OCZ600sxs, HDD:-WD green 160GBBlueJean-A
 CASE:-Black/Blue Sharkoon T9, CPU:-Phenom2 x4 B55 @3.6Ghz/1.4v, COOLER:-FX8320 Stock HSF, BOARD:-M5A78L-M/USB3, RAM:-4GB 1333mhz Kingston low profile at 1600mhz, GPU:-EVGA GTX285, PSU:-Antec TP550w modu, STORAGE:-240gb  M500+2TB Toshiba
CASE:-icute zl02-3g-bb, CPU:-Phenom2 X6 1055t @3.5Ghz, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-Asrock m3a UCC, RAM:2x2GB 1333mhz Zeppelin (thats yellow!), GPU: XFX 1GB HD6870xxx, PSU:-some 450 POS, HDD:-WD Scorpio blue 120GB
CASE:-Packard Bell iMedia X2424, Custom black/red Aerocool Xpredator fulltower, CPU's:-E5200, C2D [email protected]<script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>(so e8500), COOLER:-Scythe Big shuriken2 Rev B, BFG gtx260 sp216 OC, RAM:-tons..
Gigabyte GTX460, Gigabyte gt430,
GPU's:-GT210 1GB,  asus hd6670 1GB gddr5, XFX XXX 9600gt 512mb Alpha dog edition, few q6600's
PICTURES CASE:-CIT mars black+red, CPU:-Athlon K6 650mhz slot A, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-QDI Kinetiz 7a, RAM:-256+256+256MB 133mhz SDram, GPU:-inno3d geforce4 mx440 64mb, PSU:-E-Zcool 450w, STORAGE:-2x WD 40gb "black" drives,
CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra, CPU:-Athlon64 4000+, COOLER:-BIG stock one, BOARD:-MSI something*, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz ECC transcend, GPU:-ati 9800se@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-2x maxtor 80gb,
PICTURES CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra (another), CPU:-Pentium4 2.8ghz prescott, COOLER:-Artic Coolering Freezer4, BOARD:-DFI lanparty infinity 865 R2, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz kingston, GPU:-ati 9550@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-another 2x WD 80gb,
CASE:-ML110 G4, CPU:-xeon 4030, COOLER:-stock leaf blower, BOARD:-stock raid 771 board, RAM:-2x2GB 666mhz kingston ECC ddr2, GPU:-9400GT 1GB, PSU:-stock delta, RAID:-JMicron JMB363 card+onboard raid controller, HDD:-320gb hitachi OS, 2xMaxtor 160gb raid1, 500gb samsungSP, 160gb WD, LAPTOP:-Dell n5030, CPU:-replaced s*** cel900 with awesome C2D E8100, RAM:-2x2GB 1333mhz ddr3, HDD:-320gb, PHONE's:-LG optimus 3D (p920) on 2.3.5@300-600mhz de-clock (batteryFTW)

I'm sorry but almost every DICE dev I have spoken to has Intel processors in their personal rigs.

Yeah, but they're not gaming, they're making games.

Intel has the faster chip, and it's probably faster when it comes to "Making Games".

Just because they have intel in their computers doesn't mean they can't create games utilizing 8 cores. They're going to have too, seeing as how both new consoles have amd 8 core cpu's.

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

AMD stopped making high end CPU's with Bulldozer. It was no longer cost effective to compete with the giant known as Intel. AMD rules the mid to low end market but Intel own the high end and parts of the mid to low end.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

That does not show what replaces the 8-core Vishera.  "There will be no 8-core enthusiast AMD CPUs in 2013" would be a more accurate title.

As disappointing as the slide is, it may very well show what replaces the 8-core Vishera...another 8 core Vishera.  If this slide holds true, I suspect that their recently announced FX9590 and FX9370 at 5GHz and 4.7GHz respectively will be their high-end offering through 2014, but we all hope that the slide won't hold true and that AMD will provide an 8-core Steamroller part.

That article was posted the same day, im good at keeping up but im not that good :-D.

wonder if theyre using flux or tim on the E chips, theyve had long enough to sort it, maybe ill be able to get a cheap sb-e part now (second hand) :P

Although Intel holds the patent for their own, awesome, fluxless solder process, I seriously doubt they will go back to it.  They saved a lot of money by abandoning it and going with cheap TIM and it's all worked out for them for the most part.  The only market they sacrificed are the enthusiast overclockers, which, unfortunately, make up an insignificant portion of the overall.  And honestly, most enthusiasts will do what I would do and just delid the IHS, wipe that crap off, put some liquid metal alloy on there, relid and OC to the heart's content.

AMD stopped making high end CPU's with Bulldozer. It was no longer cost effective to compete with the giant known as Intel. AMD rules the mid to low end market but Intel own the high end and parts of the mid to low end.

Oh stop it!   :P  AMD is still making high end CPU's.  The FX8350 is very comparable to the 3770K in many applications, though it does suffer in a lot of games, which has given it a worse rap than it should have. However, in games that utilize as many cores as are available, it does quite well.  And since almost every game developer from now on will be developing with AMD 8-core hardware in mind, it should only get better for these AMD FX 8-core parts, especially with a 20% boost in speed as we'll see with 5GHz FX9590.  It won't be an Intel killer, but it should narrow the gap until they can come out with something better.

Oh stop it!   :P  AMD is still making high end CPU's.  The FX8350 is very comparable to the 3770K in many applications,

The FX8350 is a decent CPU. However isn't it scary that AMD never talks about the high end anymore? They keep showing roadmaps and talking about the future and APUs and Jaguar cores and ARM bla bla bla (which is good for that market)... but for us they never say anything about the successor to vishera/piledriver.

I'm currently helping out a friend with planning a new gaming build. He likes AMD, and so I was working around that. But I'm now genuinely thinking whether it would be better to get a Haswell build, not because of performance, but because there is no word from AMD about the successor to fx-8350 or a future upgrade path on AM3+. I sincerely hope somebody can reply this post and correct me...

I had no idea that there where problems with the AMD CPU's in games but I do know for a fact that Intels CPU's perform better than AMD's in benchmarks. Not only that but would Intel price it's CPU's much higher than AMD's if they where equal or similar to one another. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Not only that but would Intel price it's CPU's much higher than AMD's if they where equal or similar to one another. 

If power consumption is significantly lower, then they could price them higher.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I had no idea that there where problems with the AMD CPU's in games but I do know for a fact that Intels CPU's perform better than AMD's in benchmarks. Not only that but would Intel price it's CPU's much higher than AMD's if they where equal or similar to one another. 

It's not a problem, people use per core performance to differentiate between AMD & intel, some applications are performance/core centric & others are mutli-threaded centric .

The first type of applications run faster on fewer faster cores, which is intel's architecture, the other type runs faster on smaller more numerous cores, which is AMD's current architecture.

Games have been performance/core centric for a while, now though they're shifting towards multi-threading, which will tip the balance towards AMD's architecture.

The only real draw back to current AMD CPUs is the higher power consumption, which on the desktop is irrelevant, but on notebooks is of utmost importance.

This higher power consumption is largely caused by the 32nm fabrication technology of Global Foundries which is where AMD manufacture their CPUs & hasn't got much to do with the architecture, intel here have a clear manufacturing advantage with their 22nm node.

I use my system to game mostly and before you start going rampage on me saying 8320/8350 is enough for gaming it isn't unless the games are utilizing all 8 threads. Games like sc2 and skyrim are seriously bottlenecked by the fx chips and some other games slightly bottlenecked. I'm not trying to bash the fx chip or anything it's a really good chip considering it's price but for me at least the single thread performance just isn't enough.

I run an 8120 and crossfire 6870s, all setttings maxed out and 60 FPS all the time. 

Somehow I doubt that, why would they pull out of the market now? Both the next gen consoles are using AMD 8 cores although how many of them will be available for games is up in the air atm but either

way it means games will be be able to make use of more cores thus likely giving AMD chips better gaming performance than anything that Intel has to offer, which obviously gives AMD a advantage with the

gamers. Combine this with Haswells lackluster performance leaving people looking for an alternative and the fact that AMD has far better price/performance ratios than Intel gives them a real chance of taking

back at least some of the market from Intel if they play their cards right.

Basically, it just seems bizarre that they would pull out of the high end market right when a great opportunity for them to do something fantastic comes along.

* Also sorry if my spelling/grammar is cruddy but its late and i'm tired  

Edit: Bloody cherry MX reds  :angry: