WetRarity Redux

RainColt

HAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYP

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

If you can keep the temperatures at bay, i would totally ditch the fan!

When in doubt: C4

LED strip inside the CPU heatsink? 

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

If you can keep the temperatures at bay, i would totally ditch the fan!

it's going to be in oil so I don't need a fan

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

HAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYP

hahaha no, it's more, HAAAAAAAAAAAvent updated this in about 2 weeks and wanting to confirm that I haven't dropped it

The reason I went with the 82 over the 90 is because the 90 has the black paint on it where as the 82 is all white excluding the stickers which can just bee peeled off.

post-1173-0-77347800-1422559943_thumb.jp

I suspect that these will peel them selfs off under oil so I'm getting rid of them now

and of course I cant not paint things, right?

post-1173-0-31235300-1422560327_thumb.jp

post-1173-0-31235300-1422560327_thumb.jp

Congrats on the the machine posting! :D 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

• 3 weeks later...

Cant wait to get her home and put her in oil...but I still need to do a few tweaks to her, The current GPU wasn't compatible with heatsink 'so I've got to make a minor adjustment to it, and I also need to get my radiators and pump for keeping the oil cool and I need to modify my GPU back plate to accommodate the mounting mechanism on this heat sink

post-1173-0-71454600-1424203385_thumb.jp

Cant wait to get her home and put her in oil...but I still need to do a few tweaks to her, The current GPU wasn't compatible with heatsink 'so I've got to make a minor adjustment to it, and I also need to get my radiators and pump for keeping the oil cool and I need to modify my GPU back plate to accommodate the mounting mechanism on this heat sink

attachicon.gifDSC_0118.JPG

Those heatsinks look so awesome. can't wait to see that under oil.

• 2 weeks later...

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE.

Yeah, sorry about that. I was expecting to be off work or would have had time to head home for a weekend to finish it but I ended up getting into a car accident and taking it into the shop ate up the weekend I was going to finish it.

Yeah, sorry about that. I was expecting to be off work or would have had time to head home for a weekend to finish it but I ended up getting into a car accident and taking it into the shop ate up the weekend I was going to finish it.

Ouch.

Alright the GPU heatsink is mounted securely and the backplate has been made to fit (not as I would have liked it to but it fits) now I just need to drill holes in the mother board mounting plate, bolt it in and drown it in oil. I plan on heading home on Monday, I hope to have it done that weekend.post-1173-0-58801000-1425698796_thumb.jp

On a side note Luna; my other computer, just got an upgrade from the 7970 currently in WetRarity to what I feel to be the most sexy R290X that I had originally planned on putting into Rarity but decided that my main rig should have the best graphics card I can give her.

post-1173-0-86547400-1425699180_thumb.jp

Starting to get cold feet, I'm about ready to go but now I'm afraid to do it, when it was just an idea, it was fun but now my stomach is knotted at the idea of putting this in oil, it's heavier that I had expected, what if it doesn't hold up under the weight, i think I'm going to have to sleep on it for a night in order to develop my confidence again

post-1173-0-11297000-1425945061_thumb.jp

Starting to get cold feet, I'm about ready to go but now I'm afraid to do it, when it was just an idea, it was fun but now my stomach is knotted at the idea of putting this in oil, it's heavier that I had expected, what if it doesn't hold up under the weight, i think I'm going to have to sleep on it for a night in order to develop my confidence again

<snip>

Don't worry! You can always put it in another, larger plastic tub, so on that 0.0000001% chance that it does break, you won't be cleaning oil out of your carpet/off your floor for the next few months! It will totally be fine though!  :D

Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! 

Alright, so it fits at least that's a positive and it hasn't yet broke under the weight of the computer and water( 3/4 of the water too scared to fill anymore until I have oil to act as an opposing force) everything seems in order right now so Im going to pull it out and install my OS on it and make sure everything is in working order before I start working on the  radiator loop (which the parts haven't come in yet so I guess that's a reason to put this off, Kinda crossing my fingers that they don't come in tomorrow so that I can put this off for a little while longer)

post-1173-0-21531800-1426018955_thumb.jp

Ohhh it's happening!  :lol:

Btw just a side note those rubber suction cups on the pump may need to be removed since the mineral oil will break down rubbers.

Btw just a side note those rubber suction cups on the pump may need to be removed since the mineral oil will break down rubbers.

Pretty sure thats in the water section

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Pretty sure thats in the water section

Both are right. Also I have found that PlastiDip is also unsuitable for oil cooling, where regular paint is fine.

post-1173-0-26553700-1426023847_thumb.jp

Both are right. Also I have found that PlastiDip is also unsuitable for oil cooling, where regular paint is fine.

-snip-

whoah, thanks for sharing

edit: please dont say your motherboard is painted in that same plastidip...

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

whoah, thanks for sharing

edit: please dont say your motherboard is painted in that same plastidip...

No, that picture is of a test I did to decide which paint to use.