Entire Planning and Building Log (Project Vengeance)

virusal19

Building and Planning Log

This log will be very similar to "Joelthezombie15" "My Entire Build and Planning Log" (Sorry for stealing your idea :P) You can view his log - Here

I will be building a new PC very soon but instead of posting questions and stuff, it will be posted here for your opinion.

The build is still a few months away but I wanted to get started early.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

post-616-0-10648800-1371656865.jpg

Decided to make a Trailer video in the last few minutes, I will be making a proper one when I have the time to do so. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBnKUeOEL6o

I am still complementing to whether to build an entire desk about 4 Meters long to reach one end of the room to the other. (Note - I will be building another 2 PC of a total of 3 PC built into the desk if i do build a table.) The other way is to build the PC in a 900D. (Note - Everything will be watercooled either way in table or case.) 

If I do go for making a table, I think I will be wrapping it in a carbon fiber vinyl apart from the top. The top will be covered with glass. (I'm not sure whether to go for a lightly smoked glass or just clear.)   

My budget for this single build is a total of $4000 AUD (Including watercooling parts)

- Main Components -

CPU - Intel i7 4770K

GPU - Two Palit Geforce GTX 780's (I just picked the cheapest one I could find)

MOBO - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H

RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro (Blue and Sliver - Total of 32GB)

PSU - Corsair AX1200i

SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 

HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB (x2)

OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Professional

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H with Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM

post-616-0-49539000-1371657954_thumb.jpg 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Watercooling parts - CPU waterblock - EK Supremacy 

Water Pump - D5 

Radiators - EK Coolstream XTX 480MM (x2)

GPU Backplate - XSPC Razor GTX Titan Backplate

GPU Waterblock - XSPC Razor GTX Titan Full coverage Waterblock

Reservoir - Phobya Balancer 450  

Tube - Undecided 

Fittings - Undecided

Coolant - Undecided 

Fans - Undecided 

I don't know whether to go for Blue liquid or White liquid.

I still have a lot of planning before this build is going to start. 

Video is private but this looks really cool. Subbed.

And i stole the idea from Pixxie_Payne without knowing it :D She told me though.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I'd change the power supply to something like a HX850 as it would go better with the color scheme and it's not as much overkill as the 1200i.

also what kind of resolution do you plan to play at where you need sli gtx 780's?

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I'd change the power supply to something like a HX850 as it would go better with the color scheme and it's not as much overkill as the 1200i.

also what kind of resolution do you plan to play at where you need sli gtx 780's?

He can just remove the sticker. its not like the entire thing is red. and maybe he just wants super good performance. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

Overkill is what this PC is ;) 

I plan on playing on a single 2560x1440 monitor but for productivity a single 2560x1440 and two 1920x1080 monitors. 

He can just remove the sticker. its not like the entire thing is red. and maybe he just wants super good performance. 

so what your saying is gtx 780 sli,at 1080p,would not b a total waste of money?

or that 1200 watts for something that would consume at most 650-700 watts (most likely lower) isn't a total waste of money

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

or that 1200 watts for something that would consume at most 650-700 watts (most likely lower) isn't a total waste of money

I won't be gaming at 1080p.

Like I said, this build is for sheer performance and overkill, overkill is kinda the point of this whole build, to make it look outstanding in terms of specs and visual looks. 

I won't be gaming at 1080p.

Like I said, this build is for sheer performance and overkill, overkill is kinda the point of this whole build, to make it look outstanding in terms of specs and visual looks. 

I understand that.

I was typing that that prior to you replying,and joel made no comment on the resolution,he simply said that maybe you want super performance.

Linus Sebastian said:

Which a 1200i brings, right?

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Well the 1200 watts i agree. but 2 780s isnt a waste. and if he want his build to last it will get good FPS later on down the road.

Well the 1200 watts i agree. but 2 780s isnt a waste. and if he want his build to last it will get good FPS later on down the road.

heres my take on sli'ing for the sake of future-proofing .

if you get good fps now with one card,buy one card.

when you need the second card buy the second card.

chances are by that time it'll be $100-150 cheaper.

Linus Sebastian said:

I'm sorry, what? O.o

Forgot to qoute what was above me, sorry XD

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Just came up with the Full specs - 

CPU - Intel i7 4770K

GPU - Palit Geforce GTX 780's (I just picked the cheapest one I could find)

MOBO - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H

RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro (Blue and Sliver)

PSU - Corsair AX1200i

SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 

HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB (x2)

OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 

Lightings - White bitfenix alchemy LED strips (x2) (If this build is in a case)

Cables - Blue and white custom sleeved cables.

Watercooling Components - 

CPU waterblock - EK Supremacy 

Water Pump - D5 

Radiators - EK Coolstream XTX 480MM (x2)

GPU Backplate - XSPC Razor GTX Titan Backplate

GPU Waterblock - XSPC Razor GTX Titan Full coverage Waterblock

Reservoir - Phobya Balancer 450  

Tube - Undecided 

Fittings - Undecided

Coolant - Undecided 

Fans - Undecided 

Nice! I have a question to ask, are the Palit GTX 780's PCB brown or black?

Nice! I have a question to ask, are the Palit GTX 780's PCB brown or black?

I believe that they are black PCB. 

• 2 weeks later...

I would recommend you go with two gtx 770's, since they have overclocked memory and core clock you would get best performance with it on 1440p and you would save some money. But anyways nice build even if it is overkill :D

WE ALL LIKE OVERKILLS!

I would recommend you go with two gtx 770's, since they have overclocked memory and core clock you would get best performance with it on 1440p and you would save some money. But anyways nice build even if it is overkill :D

WE ALL LIKE OVERKILLS!

Memory and core clocks won't really matter, the 780 will still perform better than the 770 in 2560x1440 resolution due to the higher amount of memory.

WE ALL LIKE OVERKILLS!

No offense but, no. I completely disagree.

With this budget a 770 would be a silly choice. unless i had a low budget to where i simply can not get a 780 only then would i even consider a 770. Ram amount and speed isnt a big deal unless you are gaming at super resolutions and even then, more RAM is better than faster ram. (Within reason) 

Memory and core clocks won't really matter, the 780 will still perform better than the 770 in 2560x1440 resolution due to the higher amount of memory.

It will but 770 still performs good enough, but it is your build that do whatever you want and good luck with it ;D

It will but 770 still performs good enough, but it is your build that do whatever you want and good luck with it ;D

But he clearly isnt going for good enough and i still think 770 isnt a viable option.

The 770 is good but just not good enough for me ;) and Thanks. 

The 770 is good but just not good enough for me ;) and Thanks. 

Not good enough for you? Now i realize how overkill person you are Haha, no problem man, enjoy assembling your build :D

• 4 weeks later...

I built a computer for a friend with that mobo. It is very sexy  :D  has a nice chrome shine that the LEDs will bounce of off  :wub:

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |