Bios CPU compatibility

I Would like to upgrade my laptop processor from the i5-2450M processor to and i7 processor preferably with intel hd 4000 or higher, I own the Samsung np300v4a Laptop, the bios is Phoenix SecureCore-Tiano NB Version 2.1 06FI

I would like to know what processors this bios supports

A link to physically compatible processors -

http://www.cpu-world.com/Sockets/Socket%20G2%20(rPGA988B).html

I'm not sure how to break it to you, but it's really not worth trying to replace laptop CPUs.

It's usually far better to sell off the old laptop and buy a new one.

Sig under construction.

usually laptops use socs, and even if you could replace the cpu, it usually isnt worth the cost.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

In the end it is more worth buying a new laptop alltogether, The newer ones are so packed so it will just be a mess to change anything exept adding another RAM module or changing the storage device And sometimes the cooling isnt adequate enough so it may throttle.

Here is a list of CPU's that may work.

http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/CPUs/Intel/Core_i5_Mobile/i5-2410M_(PGA).html

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

It's wayyy easier to just get a new laptop altogether. Laptop hardware is extremely condensed (I saw this firsthand when my dad changed the fan on his T410), at best you can just add a RAM stick or change the storage device.

I used to have Asus C90S which had desktop CPU inside but never got to upgrade that thing.

I was lucky again in picking upgradeable laptop - MSI GX660. I upgraded my CPU from i5 460M to i7 920XM and it was well worth it for me.
Instead of buying $1k+ new laptop I got 920XM for $300 and kept my MSI GX660. I upgraded RAM and bought SSD too.

Guys at forum.notebookreview.com/ were able to modify BIOS to support the CPU and SSD.
I suggest you look around at notebookreview forum, maybe you can find something there.

EDIT: forum.laptop.bg/index.php?showtopic=47897

I cant speak bulgarian but this seems to say that 2630QM works in this laptop.

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

Thank you guys, I've done alot of reading and  I think i'll save and get a new upgradable laptop when the broadwell and skylake laptop cpu's come out since intel might change the socket again .