How will my PC read another drive that has an OS installed on it?

So I'm adding a 500GB hard drive from my old pc to my new rig and the hard drive has windows 7 installed on it. I've never actually viewed a secondary drive that has had an OS on it. Will I be able to browse it normally although it will show the OS installed on it? I know this sounds pretty stupid as the answer is most likely yes, but if I am unable to, then booting from it would be a bit of a hassle as the drive is extremely slow. 

Thanks,

Blueprint. 

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB

Yes, but you might have to give yourself access to it by going into the properties of the folders (it's really easy).

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Yes, just be sure you boot to the main OS drive. then it will just show up as a secondary drive where you can browse files like normal

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Yes, just be sure you boot to the main OS drive. then it will just show up as a secondary drive where you can browse files like normal

Yes, but you might have to give yourself access to it by going into the properties of the folders (it's really easy).

Ok, thank you.

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB