organizing folders

ryanwilc

is there a way to automatically organize all my music into my folders? windows 7

If the property of the files say which album it's in then you can easily sort them all out. If you have no properties in your mp3 files you'll have to organize them manually.

P.S. Don't double post.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

I know that MediaMonkey has a function to sort music based on ID3 tags. It allows you to specify folder structure based on album, artist, year, or whatever. I have mine set up to do Music/Album Artist/Album/nn-songname.mp3. You can change the structure to your liking. I did that once a few years back, and now whenever I get new music I just manually put it in the right folder.

Organize in what way..?

This belongs in the Operating Systems and Software section. I'm moving the thread.

Please post in the correct sub-forum in the future--do not just dump threads into General Discussion.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.