Why i dislike (uneducated ) Alienware users

asim1999

Got a similar person in my class who i detailed in my first rant (scumbag who thinks that his 2 year old laptop is better than my monster desktop). Here is the problem with Alienware users : indoctrination. The problem is that due to the high price and fancy lights and flashy marketing, they think that they are above everyone else. The same guy that i was talking about thinks that Alienware will destroy custom desktips any day of the week, and the Apple worshipper who i detailed in a previous post (guy who thinks he is better educated in computers than I am and thinks Macs are the best, supports Alienware as well). They think that just because their entry-level desktops cost the same as a car, that they are better than a custom desktop that we build for a butt-ton less money. 

Heck, even the console users have valid arguments (e.g, that console is easier to use), but the alienware users try and copy them but fail. 

Enough about me,  what are ur opinions on Alienware, their desktops, their Nazi-like indoctrination through their advertising and the ignorance of most of their users (some PC enthusasts may like alienware as the dont want to build a PC at the time (which i respect due to well-reasoned judgement and the fact that they know about computers)

And also, have u experienced any alienware fanboys in your lifetime who dont know a crap about what they are talking about or any ignorant people from the apple side who think they know more than you do?

Just wanted to share some real-life encounters and let off some steam

thanks for reading and please leave your responses

Much appreciated

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

They cost more, but they aren't *that* bad.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Alienware users are not the only people guilty of doing something like this, this happens with everything that can be both bought and built.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Yes I have experienced my fair share with uneducated Alienware users.. -_- and yes they are ignorant... but I find that sometimes in life, not just with computers... that people who spend more money on shit, seem to think it's better than what anyone else has got. There are people who are stupid enough to think, for example, I could sell one person a cookie for $1 and another person a cookie for $6. Even though the person who spent $1 cookie, has a bigger and better cookie than the person who bought it for $6, the person who bought for a cookie for $6 is still gonna think its bigger and badder because they spent more.

Sorry that was kinda off-topic, and wasn't a good example but I hope you could kinda see where I was going with that :P

Fanatical Fanboys will be fanatical fanboys. Best thing you can do is ignore them.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

You just described 95% of my school. The other 5 percent consists of 4.99 percent Apple fanboys and 0.01 percent PC enthusiasts.

#same

:(

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Alienware users

Apple Die hards

Razer fanatics

Not worth educating.

If you're going to buy a pre built why not buy a digital storm copper pipe pc. 

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

You just described 95% of my school. The other 5 percent consists of 4.99 percent Apple fanboys and 0.01 percent PC enthusiasts.

My school is more of 95% isheep, 4.99% aliensheep and 0.01% masterrace

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Alienware users

Apple Die hards

Razer fanatics

Not worth educating.

you forgot beats :P

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

My school is more of 95% isheep, 4.99% aliensheep and 0.01% masterrace

that sounds a bit more like my school, I have a whole fucking lot of iSheep in my school. The PCMasterRace members exist but are hard to come by.

Oh dear god. My m50x blocks all their arguments.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

Exactly. Even if beats has broken 2 times in a single year for my friend he STILL buys them -.-

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Exactly. Even if beats has broken 2 times in a single year for my friend he STILL buys them -.-

This is why I use Apple Earbuds

Because he had a hard drive.

I know a guy who just bought an alienware. He knows they aren't the best for the price, but he wanted something that was "made to be upgraded". It's definitely better than the shit HP laptop he was using. He's also a console game as well, bought a ps4 just for the fucking AC: Unity (HAHAHAHA) and refuses to acknowledge that it has any of the problems that we all know it has.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

everyone at my school thinks that consoles are better than pc's....... then again they all smoke dope sooooooooooooo.

Well technically that would be under Apple fanboys now :D

lol i was waiting for someone to post that. +1 to you.

They cost more, but they aren't *that* bad.

At least they're not getting Acer Predator G's. 

1252854_sr_1160-100037468-large.jpg

eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

Eh not everyone who is fanatical about gaming and fanatical about wanting the best gaming experience has any knowledge or interest in pc hardware. They're not things that necessarily cross over. For these people we have Alienware.