What is Adobe Creative SUITE intensive for?

Stijn Holzhauer
Go to solution Solved by Stijn Holzhauer,

Thank you guys!

Hey awesome people,

I am helping a class mate out on the search for a laptop.

2015/16 she is going to need a laptop capable of running Adobe Creative Suite.

What I am wondering is if Adobe Creative Suite is intensive for the CPU, memory or any of the other components.

Do any of you know what component is most used by the software?

Greetings Stijn

Ram and CPU mostly.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Hey awesome people,

HE MEANS ME :D

priority 1 CPU - the faster is, the faster your render time

priority 2 RAM - the more you have, the easier you will manage, I recommend 8gb minimum, 16gb is better

priority 3 GPU - CUDA acceleration is very helpful

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

HE MEANS ME :D

number 1 CPU

number 2 RAM

number 3 GPU

And me because it was a plural. Why does no one love me :'(

Steve

And me because it was a plural. Why does no one love me :'(

Aww I love you

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

depends on which parts of the suite she uses the most.

audio and video editing/recording and photoshop.

I use adobe CC lots and it will stress most parts of a system. Almost any modern system will run it but you will hate using it on a low end system.

CPU - Get a quad core intel or better(in a laptop). A dual core will feel slow when doing even more basic tasks

RAM- get 16gb or more if you can speed doesn't matter

GPU- nvidia is best(cuda) get midrange gaming if you don't need quadro features(10 bit color, ecc ram, more relibitly)

HDD - Using a ssd to store files is great but a 2.5 HDD isn't that bad

OS- Windows is faster than mac os X(even on mac laptops) windows 8 is faster than win 7, but i still use windows 7 because i like it more.

reccomended laptops

Lenovo y50 its cheap and fast for the price(get the one with the i7 quad core and 16gb, 4k if you want)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834317539

Macbook Pro Retina

Its a good laptop. Thin, fast, has thunderbolt, great screen.

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-mac/macbook-pro?product=MGXC2LL/A&step=config#

Most other gaming/mobile workstations will go great.

Depends on what apps within Adobe CS are being used. CPU should be fairly strong, Photoshop benefits from a fast scratch disk, and you probably want at least 8 GB of RAM.

GPU acceleration is available for certain tasks, but not terribly important. At least not in the CS apps I use regularly: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash. My old GTX 460 was plenty when I had it, and my "workstation" (iMac <_< ) at the office has a 640M. So in my experience you don't need much.

• 4 months later...

Brilliant answers, thank you also for clarifying guys for the rest of us.

Does anyone know if you get actual benefit regarding adobe suite software in regards of ECC ram?

Will the error correction work mainly in Illustrator when dealing with large files and if so, in what way?

Is the benefit actually worth investing in it, in your opinion always?

Forgive the simplicity of my questions, I am only a PC consumer grade hardware hobbyist, not much knowledge yet into workstation grade equipment, but I am working on it :)