Youtube at 10kb/s? What's up?

Sauron

Hey guys! I have a 20+ mbps connection (so that's clearly not the issue) which is creectly recognized by ookla speed test. However when I opened youtube today not a single video could load past the first second at high quality. I tried downloading the video, and lo and behold, it showed a 10kb/s download speed! What the heck! Does anyone know why this happens and wether I can do anything about it? I have heard no reports of my isp throttling websites and especially not youtube.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What ISP are you on and which country are you in?

There may be some sort of problem with Google's servers, I guess - but it shouldn't this severe by any stretch.

Sig under construction.

What ISP are you on and which country are you in?

There may be some sort of problem with Google's servers, I guess - but it shouldn't this severe by any stretch.

Telecom Italia, Italy. Yeah, I thought it could be google too... but 10kb/s is ridiculous :( it seems to be a little faster now but still absolutely unacceptable. Everything else continues to work fine. Gmail works fine too, and youtube frontpage also gives me no problems, nor do the comments. It seems to be just the video.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Curious. I do (or at least used to) get a reported 0.3ms (yes, 3/10000 of a second) ping to anything Google/YouTube from my IperWeb VPS in Milan.

I don't know what to say. Try using a VPN to somewhere else in Europe for now.

Sig under construction.

Youtube sucks on my iPad app right now but is fine on my PCs.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo:聽MSI B550 Tomahawk聽| CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro聽| RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz聽| PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans聽| Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s聽| Display:聽BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler