Question:

TheGamingLawNL

I have a question and googling this has been inconclusive for me.

When using iGPU and SLI, is there a chance that these might collide? Like when setting SLI in auto mode through the nvidia setup as that is "recommended". I've been wondering this for a while, as CPU is in that menu also. I'm just curious if these can be used togheter. Right now I have my 2nd 780 dedicated to PhysX, but when turning it to the recommended mode I had a feeling that performance was affected in a more bad way.

Micro-Stutter (which is known with SLI) but just downright lack of performance aswel. But as said, it's more a "feeling" as I  really can't notice something statswise apart from the micro stutter. (yes I do not use Vsync)

CPU:Intel I7-6700k , CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO MB: Asus Maximus VIII Hero, Ram: Kingston 2666 Mhz 16GB, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0, PSU: Corsair AXi 860W, HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1x2TB, WD Green 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Samsung 1TB, SSD Samsung 840 120GB (OS DRIVE), SSD Samsung 840 250GB, Case: Enermax Fulmo GT.

Are you asking if you can use the iGPU and dedicated cards at the same time?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You can disable the igpu in the bios but it shouldn't matter. Also a dedicated PhysX card is a waste. Only a few games will use it.

SLI doesn't utilize the iGPU but doesn't disable it either. 

I'm moving this to the Graphics Cards section. The Troubleshooting section is for.. troubleshooting.

Please post in the correct sub-forum in the future.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

SLI doesn't utilize the iGPU but doesn't disable it either. 

I'm moving this to the Graphics Cards section. The Troubleshooting section is for.. troubleshooting.

Please post in the correct sub-forum in the future.

Understood on the moving. Was kinda half issue/half question.

Anyway, I run SLI and iGPU is enabled. But it seems like these 2 are affecting each other in some sort of way when SLI is set to "AUTO". Because when dedicating  a card, there is no issue. Or am I just going full OSD on the SLI itself suddenly? 

CPU:Intel I7-6700k , CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO MB: Asus Maximus VIII Hero, Ram: Kingston 2666 Mhz 16GB, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0, PSU: Corsair AXi 860W, HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1x2TB, WD Green 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Samsung 1TB, SSD Samsung 840 120GB (OS DRIVE), SSD Samsung 840 250GB, Case: Enermax Fulmo GT.

Anyway, I run SLI and iGPU is enabled. But it seems like these 2 are affecting each other in some sort of way when SLI is set to "AUTO". Because when dedicating  a card, there is no issue. Or am I just going full OSD on the SLI itself suddenly? 

How are they affecting each other?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

How are they affecting each other?

I really wouldn't know. Apart from when both being activated the PC is a bit trippy during games and when using streaming tools like OBS (for quick sync, that's why iGPU is on) it tends to lock up, resulting in a driver crash from both iGPU as my GTX 780's.

Anyway, just had to redo my whole PC. I guess this was coming.

I really wouldn't know. Apart from when both being activated the PC is a bit trippy during games and when using streaming tools like OBS (for quick sync, that's why iGPU is on) it tends to lock up, resulting in a driver crash from both iGPU as my GTX 780's.

Anyway, just had to redo my whole PC. I guess this was coming.

Are you deactivating it in the bios?

Are you deactivating it in the bios?

Yeah iGPU is done in BIOS. Default is disabled, but I need it. Seems like there was more to it. Running a clean install of everything right now. Issue seems not to occur at all atm.