What can I improve on this but not make the price any higher?

So I am looking at building a pc.

Specs-

CPU- i5-4690k

Motherboard- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3

GPU- Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970

Ram- G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB

SSD- Samsung 840 Evo MZ-7TE250BW 250GB

HDD- Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA3 7200RPM 6Gb/s

CPU Cooler- Cooler Master Seidon 120v

Case- Cooler Master Storm ENFORCER

Power supply- Cooler Master V-series 850 GOLD 850W

This is all of it I think. Is it worth getting a 850W when I only have one GPU I only got it so if I got sli I wouldn't need to buy a new power supply. Is my CPU cooler enough?

Cheers VChampZ

750 watt psu would be more than enough for what you have and still leave plenty of headroom for SLI later. Can you post your pcpartpicker link and we can probably tweak it for you.

Stay away from low end AiO coolers and lean towards air for this pricepoint; something like a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO has very similar performance, but you can jump to a Cryorig H5, Enermax ETS-T40-BK or Deepcool Lucifer; great picks at this price.

You don't need 850W at all, even for GTX 970 SLI, even 750W is overkill.

750 watt psu would be more than enough for what you have and still leave plenty of headroom for SLI later. Can you post your pcpartpicker link and we can probably tweak it for you.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mRHWjX

Here ya go I swapped out the cpu cooler since it will beat any 120/140mm water cooler and its cheaper. Then swapped out your psu since this one is better and with an intel build even with sli and full overclocks youll never go over 750 watts and it was $40 cheaper. Then I changed your ram to 2 4gig sticks rather than a single 8gig stick to take advantage of dual channel functionality. It brought your overall build cost down by about $30 and you could pull it down more if you went with a Fractal Design Define R4 since its about $20 cheaper than the one you currently have but thats up to you.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($131.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($119.99 @ Best Buy) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($359.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1163.55
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-22 02:22 EST-0500

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler has the same performance and is less expensive.

G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory is less expensive and offers 5% - 15% better performance through dual channel memory operation.

EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card is less expensive with pretty much the same performance - some games 1-2 fps worse, some 1-2 fps better.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Here ya go I swapped out the cpu cooler since it will beat any 120/140mm water cooler and its cheaper. Then swapped out your psu since this one is better and with an intel build even with sli and full overclocks youll never go over 750 watts and it was $40 cheaper. Then I changed your ram to 2 4gig sticks rather than a single 8gig stick to take advantage of dual channel functionality. It brought your overall build cost down by about $30 and you could pull it down more if you went with a Fractal Design Define R4 since its about $20 cheaper than the one you currently have but thats up to you.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($131.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($119.99 @ Best Buy) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($359.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1163.55
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-22 02:22 EST-0500

Cheers for that I will look at prices from NZ and avalibiity cause its not the same in New Zealand

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler has the same performance and is less expensive.
G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory is less expensive and offers 5% - 15% better performance through dual channel memory operation.
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card is less expensive with pretty much the same performance - some games 1-2 fps worse, some 1-2 fps better.

originally i had 2 4Gb ram and i will look at the coolng but I made my decision up about the GPU due to its more effective cooling anyway cheers for the advice

originally i had 2 4Gb ram and i will look at the coolng but I made my decision up about the GPU due to its more effective cooling anyway cheers for the advice

If you are in NZ you should note that in the OP as prices and product selection are quite different.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.