Possible to Simulate One CPU with Another?

Intel Core i7 5960X

Intel Pentium G3258

Intel Core i7 4790K

After our "CPU Cores for Gaming" video, you guys raised some questions about our testing philosophy. Today, we try to find answers to those questions...

I am first. I would like to thank my parents and my sister for always believing in me. I never thought this day would come.

fail

I have been simulating the performance of an i7 in games with my i5 for a couple years now. ;)

linus pls y u gota b showin awf teh best cpu dat we cant a4d

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I live 4 da LTT videos. Thanks Nuclear Nick

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

I'm totally fine with the way Linus did the previous video, even with the disparity with the G3258 that was shown in this one. The main point still got across, and was still fairly accurate, plus I can only imagine how much time you saved doing that video. 

Intel Core i7 5960X

Intel Pentium G3258

Intel Core i7 4790K

After our "CPU Cores for Gaming" video, you guys raised some questions about our testing philosophy. Today, we try to find answers to those questions...

Re: Sponsor segment

http://www.gigabyte.com.au/products/list.aspx?s=46&p=55&v=12&ck=5

The P35X V3 has the 980M, The P35W V3 has the 970M. Do you know if it uses Nvidia Optimus?

I'm gonna post a comment every time Nick uploads a new video just so he can see my beautiful avatar and never forget to read the mamual 

@Jerakl

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Sparts

main(i){for(;i<101;i++)printf("Fizz\n\0Fizzz\bBuzz\n\0%d\n"+(!(i%5)^!!(i%3)*3)*6,i);}

This video is unlisted on youtube.. is that on purpose? I keep having trouble seeing them on youtube and have to check here

Isn't know you can emulate ARM on x86 and the other way, so Yes.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

This video is unlisted on youtube.. is that on purpose? I keep having trouble seeing them on youtube and have to check here

Had to be re-uploaded due to a slight issue on the sponsor spot. Pushing it live when it gets to a reasonable quality level so the comments section isn't full of "360p hurdur"

I have another hypothesis for this video, then... @LinusTech @nicklmg

How about, instead of "this CPU vs that CPU vs another CPU"; how about a 2 vs 4 vs 6 vs 8 cores (possibly with and without hyperthreading in Intel's case) at a specific clock speed? Something like 4GHz, or whatever is a reasonable OC on the 5690X would genuinely be "this many cores vs that many cores" rather than a "maybe something like this CPU vs maybe something like that CPU".

EDIT: And probably also more valid for in the future. Perhaps not in ten years when 20 cores is common (or more? or less?) but for the next 5 years, maybe?

The sign of a great company is the ability to listen to your customers, question your methods and admit your mistakes. In this video LMG did all 3.

The reason why you guys are now my main source of tech reviews.

Keep up the great work guys, oh and how bout getting some girlies on staff :P

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Why did i read stimulate? ._.

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

Had to be re-uploaded due to a slight issue on the sponsor spot. Pushing it live when it gets to a reasonable quality level so the comments section isn't full of "360p hurdur"

Holy cow man go to bed!

NO, NEVER!!!

Linus must hand out caffeine tabs and smokes all day, all the time promising Dry Land is near!

asingletear.jpg

It's good to see the 4670K showing his claws! For gaming keeps being the best for the budget, but if you intend to stream and gaming that changes everything...

Red Darkness: PSU: XFX Pro 550W Core Edition | CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4670K | COOLER: Antec Kuhler 620 | MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero Z87 C2 | SOUNDCARD: Asus Supreme FX| RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133 MHz CL9 | GPU: MSI GTX760 2Gb OC Gaming | MONITOR: Samsung 19" 1440*900@75HZ/32" 1360*768@60HZ | HDD: Samsung 840 Evo 120Gb + WD Caviar Blue 500GB | MOUSE: Steelseries Rival + Steelseries QCK | HEADPHONES: Razer Barracuda 5.1 | SYSTEM: Windows 8.1 Pro x64 | WHEEL: Logitech G27