Any of you use Spotify?

cooperb21

Im thinking of getting/ using it but im not sure is it good replacement for buying music normally?

Buying albums can add up so 10$ seems like a steal. If you just want listen to music this is good?

The free account is good if you're just going to use it on your PC, where if you have AdBlock you won't have ads on play.spotify.com but on mobile its fucking annoying, as you cannot select individual songs and it'll include other shit songs if a playlist or album isn't long enough.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

I use and love spotify.

Couldn't ask for a better music player. Awesome UI, clean and tidy layout, a MASSIVE library of underground metal, and it's free.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

Spotify is still not available in my country. so sad :(

Im thinking of getting/ using it but im not sure is it good replacement for buying music normally?

Buying albums can add up so 10$ seems like a steal. If you just want listen to music this is good?

It's the best music streaming platform for me. Easy to use. Im also thinking of getting premium account, so I can playback offline. Try it. 

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Yes, wish it was $4.99 instead of $9.99 but yea, its great

Work Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | GPU: Quadro K1200 | Motherboard: EVGA Z97 Classified | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3-2133Mhz | PSU: Seasonic 750W SS-750KM3 80 PLUS Gold | STORAGE: WD 1TB Se Enterprise Grade Drive & Corsair Neutron NX500 400GB NVMe PCIe  | COOLER: Enermax Liqtech 240 -  5x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM | CASE: Corsair 600C | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals: Logitech MX Master 2S -- Logitech K840 -- INTEL X520 10Gb NIC -- 3x Acer H236HL -- Build Log | 

Work Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 | Model: Cisco UCS C220 M4 (SFF) | RAM: 64GB (4x16GB) Cisco (Samsung) DDR4 2133Mhz | STORAGE: 4x Cisco (Seagate) 900GB 10K 2.5" (RAID 10) - 2x 32GB Cisco FlexFlash Boot Drive (RAID 1) | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | 

Laptop | CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQ | GPU: Nvidia GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5 | RAM: 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400Mhz | STORAGE: 512GB Hynix NVMe | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Gaming Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G  | Motherboard: ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX | RAM: Ballistix Elite 32GB Kit (16GB x 2) DDR4-3000 | PSU: Silverstone SX700-LPT 700w 80 PLUS Platinum | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 970 PRO 1TB NVMe | COOLER: Noctua NH-L12 | CASE: Louqe Ghost S1 | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Build Log in Progress | 

Home Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2690 (Sandy Bridge) | GPU: Quadro P2000 | Motherboard: SUPERMICRO X9SRL-F  | RAM: 64GB (8x8GB) Micron VLP DDR3-1600 ECC | PSU: SUPERMICRO 665W 80 PLUS Bronze | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (RAID 1) - 4x WD 8TB Ultrastar (RAID 10) - Intel SSD D3-S4510 Series 240GB (BOOT)  | COOLER: Noctua NH-U12DXi4 with 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM | CASE: SUPERMICRO CSE-842TQ-665B 4U | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | Build Log in Progress |

| Pixel 4XL 128GB - Clearly White - Unlocked - Carrier: Visible |

| F@H STATS |

There is no doubt, Spotify is the best. It's like when you go on youtube to find a song, but there's no video, the song is downloadable to prepare for periods with bad/low internet, and all the songs are high quality and official.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

just looked at your dream build. make sure you have some nice razer equipment to go with it :)

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

I've paid for all of the major music streaming services and have to say that spotify is the best. That being said, I don't pay for it anymore. I just don't use it enough or there isn't enough new music to keep me interested. 

I made a new account on the mobile versions over and over again to get the a 2 day trial of the payed service, it was very convenient. The quality is about as good as a regular mp3. I personally haven't used the service in almost a year because I went through a douchey audiophile phase 

So I really like the idea of listening to music on your phone or any device without ads or taking up space. Free is good but not good enough. I can't choose the song I want or anything. Should I get Spotify Premium? I like it more than any other music service.

Get it. It is awesome.

I got their special for the subscription for only 0.99$ for 3 months this month and I love it. However, free is just as great. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Its great, and a free account for PC/Mac is even better if you don't mind a couple ads now and then. And do local music it works great too :)

Ran by coffee

On mobile it sucks without premium, on PC it is just fine on free.

Using premium now and I do love the ability to play on mobile devices and select which song to play or skip, but honestly, I feel like 9.99$ is a bit too much a month to keep it going. However, it is a great service and if you like the free version, then premium would make you happier. No ads, song selection or the ability to skip and of course downloading the songs to listen offline is a plus too.

I say try it for a month at least. If you don't like it, go back to free. If you do like it...well then, continue the subscription. :)

(this was me saying "yes", get it.)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I have Spotify Premium and I really enjoy it, I don't see drawbacks myself, I play the music I want to hear, when I want to.

I'm in high school? Do I apply?

I think it's for college students, but you can try.

Spotify has almost every song imaginable, unless its some redneck band you find in your local CD shop. Even then theres a chance they might be on spotify, because it might not necessarily be from the band itself who submitted it to spotify. 

You can also discover new songs through playlists like rock classics or my favorite is classical playlists, so relaxing...

Spotify has effectively made itunes obsolete. Welcome to the future!

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

Spotify has almost every song imaginable, unless its some redneck band you find in your local CD shop. Even then theres a chance they might be on spotify, because it might not necessarily be from the band itself who submitted it to spotify. 

You can also discover new songs through playlists like rock classics or my favorite is classical playlists, so relaxing...

Spotify has effectively made itunes obsolete. Welcome to the future!

The great thing about Spotify, I have noticed, is that sometimes...just sometimes...they will add that redneck band. Also, love their playlist features. I actually found, a lot of the time, the music they put in their suggestions based off your content can be pretty accurate.

When I first started using Spotify, they didn't have any Astral Projection. At all. They also didn't have Led Zeppelin. Now they do.  Now I'm just waiting for some Jeff Bennett's Lounge Experience....

I just use YouTube Downloader and have all the songs I want on my PC directly. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here